Author Topic: The 100 most influential gun rights people in America - NewsMax Fail  (Read 1961 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Newsmax tries to compile a list of the top gun rights activists, and they've apparently never heard of Gura or Gottlieb. But guess who's number 3?

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/most-influential-pro-gun-rights/2015/07/13/id/654745/

Number bleeping THREE!! I've never been a big fan of Newsmax, but now I just hatey-hate-hate them.  [ar15]  Tools.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:16:17 PM by adively »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
The 100 most influential gun rights people in America
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »
OK, let me take care of some administrative business first.  Whoopie Goldberg?  Really?  Are you serious?  This just proves that joining a group does not mean you support the group.

OK, now to the list:

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/most-influential-pro-gun-rights/2015/07/13/id/654745/

There's always going to be some "discussion" about the order of the rankings and the reasons for being ranked (see above).  But this provides an opportunity for an internet slugfest of epic proportions.

Let your comments be written and your opinions heard.

stay safe.

PS - if your rankings do not match mine you are wrong-wrong-wrong! and a poopy head to boot. :P
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: The 100 most influential gun rights people in America
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 02:43:13 PM »
MODS - PLEASE MERGE/MELD WITH FISTFUL'S THREAD.  HE BEAT ME TO IT.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Newsmax Fail
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 03:15:24 PM »
Bad list and a certain mod beat me to the merge.  =D
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: The 100 most influential gun rights people in America
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
Merged
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: The 100 most influential gun rights people in America - NewsMax Fail
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »
A significant portion of that list (probably a majority of that list, but I didn't count them) are people who are in the category of 'I can have guns because I'm rich and special, but that doesn't mean you pleabians should have guns'

Also, being a hunter does not mean someone is a 2nd amendment advocate.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 01:27:37 AM »
The fact that Zimmerman is on the list tells me all I need to know.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 08:33:31 AM »
Please keep the complaints coming. I don't knowingly click newsmax links so it's useful to be confirmed in my decision.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 09:55:08 AM »
For makattak reading pleasure.  I have to say WTF to all of these.

28. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Hollywood actors and husband and wife, are supporters of the Second Amendment and have an elaborate private shooting range at their home.

34.   Kyle Myers is the YouTube host of FPSRussia, a strong advocate of Second Amendment rights, and posts videos of himself using various firearms.

39.   Amber Heard, an actress from Texas and wife to Johnny Depp, said, "I'm a good shot and I love guns. I own several. I don't have children in the house, so I sleep with my gun in a place that's close enough that if I needed to protect myself, I could. I'm fully trained and I'm an active member of a gun club. I'm definitely pro-gun."

51.   Dan Bilzerian, the actor and professional poker player, is also a gun collector and firearms enthusiast.

61.   Jennifer Lawrence, the "Hunger Games" actress, has said, "Screw PETA" (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) for the group's complaints about skinning a real squirrel in the movies, and said she dreams of having a nice home "with a big dog and a shotgun."

63.   Former Rep. Bob Barr, R-Ga., Libertarian Party nominee for president in 2008 and a gun rights champion who sponsored and supported a host of pro-gun legislation during his time in office.

65.   Khaled Akkawi, owner of Shoot Straight gun stores and ranges, with eight locations in Florida.

69.   Steven Spielberg, movie producer and director, is a skeet shooter and owns a large arsenal of weapons, including guns from each of his movies. Fabbri, the luxury Italian gunmaker, has a photo of Spielberg on their website holding one of his custom Fabbri guns with a "Jurassic Park" engraving.

77.   Ginny Simone, reporter, recently wrote an article on "guntry clubs," the newest trend in upscale shooting ranges, and supports the Second Amendment.

78.   Javier Lopez, co-owner of a "guntry club" shooting range, Lock and Load, in Miami's Wynwood art district, where guests can choose from a selection of 25 machine guns to fire.

79. Don Radcliff, pharmacist at the Good Family Pharmacy in Pinch, West Virginia, who has a concealed carry permit and shot armed robber Terry Gillenwater during an attempted robbery at the pharmacy. Gillenwater died. No charges were filed against Radcliff.

94.   Tom Brokaw, newsman, is an avid bird hunter and even bought a 640-acre Montana dude ranch for hunting and fishing.

97.   James Childers, CEO of ASG Global and Whidbey Arms, distributes the "I Love Guns & Coffee" mock Starbucks logo in response to Starbucks saying guns are not welcome in their stores.

99.   R. Steven Johnson, president of the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, which publishes The Firearms Instructor magazine.

Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 07:43:47 AM »
George Zimmerman?

WTF?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 02:11:26 PM »
Some thoughts: It's a list of 'influential' not a purity test.  You influence people not by preaching to the choir, but by presenting to the unconverted.

So somebody unknown to non-gunners aren't actually all that influential.

George Zimmerman?

WTF?

It doesn't say whether it's a positive or negative influence...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »
Some thoughts: It's a list of 'influential' not a purity test.  You influence people not by preaching to the choir, but by presenting to the unconverted.

So somebody unknown to non-gunners aren't actually all that influential.

It doesn't say whether it's a positive or negative influence...

:facepalm: No. :rofl:  No. First of all, the article calls them "pro-gun rights advocates." Secondly, you're saying that a reasonable person might think Donald Trump and Whoopi Goldberg, et al, are so influential for gun rights that the guy who orchestrated Heller and McDonald doesn't even make the top 100.

Your meds. You should take them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
They left me off the list   :facepalm:

Everybody in the neighborhood knows me as the crazy gun guy  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin