Author Topic: Win 7 Pro Function ...  (Read 631 times)

Chester32141

• friend
Win 7 Pro Function ...
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:25:11 PM »
I have a Dell E6420 Laptop hooked up to my TV via one of the HDMI ports ... it is running Win 7 Pro ... I want to be able to use it w/ the computer closed ... so far it enters sleep mode fine but the mouse does not wake it up and I have to open the laptop and press a button to move it out of sleep mode, then close it again ... I'm trying to have it sleep until awakened by the mouse ... it's great having it hooked to the TV for those times when I want to use a really big monitor ... does anyone know where the option to have the mouse's movement awaken the computer can be changed in Win7 ... ?

I'd also like to use permanent high contrast to make print easier to see on the TV screen but haven't been able to have it remain High Contrast from one use to the next ... any ideas ??

Thanks ...  ???
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Win 7 Pro Function ...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »

Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:35:48 AM »
I have a notebook on my entertainment center that I use as a media center and SETI @ Home slave. RevDisk is right. Ya also want to set it to "Do Nothing" when the lid is closed. Ya might also need to use the function buttons to switch the display from "local" to "external." (fn F4 on this unit)

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »
Thanks ... I think I've got it now ... it's great to have a computer hooked up to the big screen for easy access ...
 :cool:
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce