Author Topic: Well, this is certainly a thing.  (Read 880 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Well, this is certainly a thing.
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
I'm not making this up. It's an airbag for bullets!

I imagine that if this came into widespread use a lot of cops will end up shooting off a finger.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Well, this is certainly a thing.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
I've already seen this and first thoughts were  :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
"What could possibly go wrong?"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »
Here's a tell:

The carrier is designed not to interfere with the pistol's sights or under-barrel rail, which may carry a torch or laser sight.

Suggests to me that the thinking is of British origin.

What more needs to be said?

I saw that announced/advertised a couple of years ago, and my first thought, even then, was that it was one of those venture-capital scams, where you sucker naïve investors in and pay yourself a big salary "developing" the shiny new product.

Then you sneak off into the foggy night.

Maybe their first venture capitalist got wise and now they're looking for new suckers.  Should be easy. The sucker birth rate in California is much higher than only one a minute.

Terry
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:55:37 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »
I'm always baffled at the folks who feel the need, or maybe it's desire, to use a real gun to shoot somebody just a little bit.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
In the video the simulated cop switches to this when presented with someone with a knife. That is not the situation you want to do that in.

If you want a less lethal option use a paintball gun cranked up to max and rapid fire into his groin, hands and chest. Even one cop should do it but if you have like 4-5 cops doing it there's no way the guy isn't going down.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 02:30:10 PM »
In the video the simulated cop switches to this when presented with someone with a knife. That is not the situation you want to do that in.

If you want a less lethal option use a paintball gun cranked up to max and rapid fire into his groin, hands and chest. Even one cop should do it but if you have like 4-5 cops doing it there's no way the guy isn't going down.

Which of course presumes you either had the foresight to bring your paintball gun with you (and why is it not loaded with pepper spray spheres?) or have the time to remember you have the thing, remember where on your bat belt it is hiding, and have enough time to put it on before you become a Ginsu demonstration project.

Cops pretty much have the same restriction as us lesser people - imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to self or innocent others.  If it's legit to shoot then shoot.

Yes, I know all about public perception.  Screw that.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
I wasn't thinking about a lethal threat. Someone you need to stop but who is not otherwise a major problem. Some kind of crazy guy or gal that's unarmed but yet but causing a disturbance. 

So keep the pain(t)ball guns in the trunk until you determine what you're up against.

More range than a Taser and more shots, works better through barriers, plus the splashes of color will look great on video!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
Well, now that you mention videos -

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 07:21:57 PM »
"Developed by Alternative Ballistics of Poway, California, ..."

Need I say more?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design