Author Topic: Fireclean is basically Crisco  (Read 18000 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Fireclean is basically Crisco
« on: September 14, 2015, 01:41:55 PM »
http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general-opinion/lies-errors-and-omissions/ir-spectra-fireclean-crisco/

While not actually rebadged Crisco, it appears to be chemically nearly identical.

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Fireclean is basically Crisco
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:52:47 PM »

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »
I read the source article and as a former analytical chemist, some GC/MS results would be more helpful than IR spectroscopy.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »
It would be nice if they'd use the same y axis so the comparison is easier, but yes, that appears to be shockingly similar.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
I read the source article and as a former analytical chemist, some GC/MS results would be more helpful than IR spectroscopy.

Did you read the linked patent application? I glanced at it but don't have the background to really grok what's going on with it.

https://www.google.com/patents/CA2867869A1?cl=en&dq=CA+2867869+A1&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB0Q6AEwAGoVChMIyqvwt5XhxgIV0gWSCh2sXg_p

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 02:13:33 PM »
I think I'll test this at some point; obviously, if I add some oil to my alcohol burner so it makes a lot of smoke, that will mean it's keeping the burner and pot on it cleaner, right?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
As a reminder, just because some fatass used to shoot people in the face for a living doesn't mean they aren't a shill.

"I have officially endorsed FIREClean lubricant. As most of you know my endorsements are very rare and very difficult to earn; my name and reputation are everything to me so I only put my stamp of approval on items that stand above the crowd- FIREClean is one of them. Numerous instructors use and approve of it and I can tell you it does what it claims - most importantly to me it continues to provide lubrication even when it appears none is on the moving parts of the weapon. This is because it is actually in the pores of the metal and this allows for easier clean up and less carbon fouling. FIREClean is a lube that actually brings something new to the table - try it and see for yourself. FIREClean is the heat - a true 21st century weapons lube”

- Larry Vickers, www.vickerstactical.com

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
Wow. That extra smoke may also have been a reputation in flames. [ar15]
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »
Wow. That extra smoke may also have been a reputation in flames. [ar15]

If the Ditch B!tch can turn an episode of staggering cowardice into a marketing strong point I doubt the LAV nuthuggers will care that he faked his video.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
If the Ditch B!tch can turn an episode of staggering cowardice into a marketing strong point I doubt the LAV nuthuggers will care that he faked his video.

Uhh... context and or linky please? (I'd rather not put that term into google to search it.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
Uhh... context and or linky please? (I'd rather not put that term into google to search it.)

James Yeager. He went to Iraq as a contractor, during an ambush he forgot that he had engaged the parking brake on the car he was driving, so he freaked out and hid in a ditch while the rest of his team was getting shot up. Then he wrote an AAR lying and blaming his cowardice on others. Then he founded a training company and started making silly youtube videos full of the worst sort of internet tough guy bravado.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »
James Yeager. He went to Iraq as a contractor, during an ambush he forgot that he had engaged the parking brake on the car he was driving, so he freaked out and hid in a ditch while the rest of his team was getting shot up. Then he wrote an AAR lying and blaming his cowardice on others. Then he founded a training company and started making silly youtube videos full of the worst sort of internet tough guy bravado.

Don't forget gross violations of every safety rule known to man.
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/22/tactical-response-training-try-not-to-shoot-the-photographer/

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 04:32:10 PM »

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »
From what I understand, there may or may not have been tricks with the marketing/reviews by Vickers Tactical?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 04:49:19 PM »
From what I understand, there may or may not have been tricks with the marketing/reviews by Vickers Tactical?

Yes. First in the junk science of "More smoke means a cleaner weapon" secondly in using a different type of ammo to achieve that questionable metric.

Fireclean: it removes the phlogistan!

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2015, 05:26:14 PM »
So does this mean I can switch to using canola oil after a trip to the range?
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 06:02:02 PM »
Yes. First in the junk science of "More smoke means a cleaner weapon" secondly in using a different type of ammo to achieve that questionable metric.

CorBon +P, if memory serves, which of course is going to smoke more than any standard velocity round short of handloads with Pyrodex.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »
Vickers used to be a good instructor and used to recommend quality products. He's gone off his rocker over the past couple of years though.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 06:16:10 PM »
CorBon +P, if memory serves, which of course is going to smoke more than any standard velocity round short of handloads with Pyrodex.

My first thought was a handload with Bullseye.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »
http://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/collections/top-sellers/products/fireclean-fouling-resistant-oil-2-ounce-fc-2?variant=4650838401

Imagine finding a gun oil that works as advertised, and being able to clean your gun without scrubbing and scraping. FIREClean is a revolutionary way to keep your gun shooting cleaner, longer, and better. Complete, easy gun care in one bottle. Non-toxic and odorless, FIREClean dissolves fouling. It cleans deeply and powerfully, while offering extreme heat resistance and deep, powerful cleaning. See why some of the world's best shooters choose FIREClean to keep their guns running and minimize wear. Why do we have an AR-15 bolt carrier in the picture? That's because it is one that has been shot on a FIREClean-conditioned AR and shot for 210 rounds. Carbon has a very hard time sticking to the important metal parts. Once a gun is conditioned with FIREClean, you can clean an AR-15 with paper towel and QTips, and not worry about reoiling every time that you go to the range. A semi-auto shotgun piston that used to be scraped and scrubbed? Now it just wipes off, like on this AR-15 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU3GGgFMoso Some shooters really appreciate the fact that FIREClean is odorless and doesn't fill up the kitchen or family room with noxious odors. It is NOT fatal if swallowed, and does not require HAZMAT disposal or ORM-D shipping. Whether you're shooting a Blunderbuss or a Minigun, FIREClean will make your gun cleaning regimen cheaper, faster, and better. Some customers even use it to lubricate bike chains, squeaky hinges, door tracks, etc.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 06:29:35 PM »

I was referring to Vickers. If he participated in a fraud, his credibility may be irreparably harmed, at least among the serious gun community.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
Don't forget gross violations of every safety rule known to man.
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/08/22/tactical-response-training-try-not-to-shoot-the-photographer/

Is he the same one that did the hanging upside down out the side of a truck video?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2015, 06:45:55 PM »
Is he the same one that did the hanging upside down out the side of a truck video?

IIRC That was somebody else.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 07:35:55 PM »

Depends; was he also redlining the engine while out of gear and looking for a place to hide?