Author Topic: Police ossifer convicted of assault for roadside strip-search  (Read 855 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Police ossifer convicted of assault for roadside strip-search
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:33:17 AM »
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2015/09/15/illinois-trooper-guilty-of-assault-in-roadside-strip-search/72329520/

I thought some folks here would be glad to hear about a police officer being made to account.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Police ossifer convicted of assault for roadside strip-search
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 08:38:13 AM »
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/2015/09/15/illinois-trooper-guilty-of-assault-in-roadside-strip-search/72329520/

I thought some folks here would be glad to hear about a police officer being made to account.

So I'm guessing he will be serving out some sort of job suspension?

Yes, it is notable that there is no mention of whether or not he has been terminated.

The troopers testified that they stopped....

What action has been taken against the other troopers for not at least trying to stop the prime idiot?  Or is that just not noteworthy enough to make the news?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:47:17 AM »
It's progress, but:

An Illinois state trooper has been found guilty of misdemeanor aggravated assault during a roadside search in East St. Louis.

I mean, I guess.  The only harm dude suffered was mooning passing motorists.  I just have to think if I misused my authority to pull pants off of someone the resulting crime would be a felony, and would have the word "sexual" somewhere in the name.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
If he had gone to the cavity search, I would tend to argue for a felony, but misdemeanor is probably appropriate as there were no injuries. 

The story did say they claimed an informant told them this person had drugs.  I am really sick and tired of hearing police and prosecutors throw out that old line.  They shouldn't even be able to mention an informant as justification without providing all the information about who the informant is and how they acquired the information.  It seems to have turned into a "my dog ate my homework" type excuse. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
It's progress, but:

I mean, I guess.  The only harm dude suffered was mooning passing motorists.  I just have to think if I misused my authority to pull pants off of someone the resulting crime would be a felony, and would have the word "sexual" somewhere in the name.

'Cept SCOTUS has ruled the public humiliation is egregious even if nobody sees your butt.  There are rules for where, when, and how strip searches are to be done.

If the cops hold us to strict adherence to all the rules, we rightly ought to hold them to strict adherence as well.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »
Remember, this was done all under the threat of violence. 

What sort of charges would Joe Citizen face were he and some buddies to open carry hoglegs and insist someone disrobe on the side of a road?  Those are the sorts of charges I expect Nudie Trooper to face.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton