Author Topic: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood  (Read 6041 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 08:47:13 PM »
Do you know anyone whose belief structure doesn't require any extrabiblical revelation, interpretation, or dogma?
yes

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cordex

• Administrator

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 10:59:26 PM »
yes

Are bonfires and nekkid dancing involved?
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »
Do you know anyone whose belief structure doesn't require any extrabiblical revelation, interpretation, or dogma?

He did specify revelation, not the other two. Just sayin...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 11:21:26 PM »
He did specify revelation, not the other two. Just sayin...
Good point, but absent revelation any attempts at interpretation or defining dogma are at best shots in the dark.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 11:32:23 PM »
Good point, but absent revelation any attempts at interpretation or defining dogma are at best shots in the dark.

You mean, absent any other revelation than that found in the Bible? How do you mean?

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 12:17:48 AM »
Are bonfires and nekkid dancing involved?
Both are nifty, but not as part of the religious observance.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:09 AM »
Amazing.
How so? Some of us take the Bible at its word without feeling the need to add to it or come up with funny ways of explaining things we dont fully understand or perhaps even like all that much.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »
You mean, absent any other revelation than that found in the Bible? How do you mean?
If someone really thinks they rely solely on the Bible to interpret and extract meaning from scripture then they are almost certainly ignorant of their own presumptions.

How so? Some of us take the Bible at its word without feeling the need to add to it or come up with funny ways of explaining things we dont fully understand or perhaps even like all that much.
Good for you.  I'm sure no one else claims that exact same thing while teaching different doctrine.

lupinus

• friends
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 03:28:13 AM »
Well someone's a little touchy now aren't they.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 06:11:40 AM »
Wow...

When goat sacrifice and blood drinking is outlawed, only outlaws will be sacrificing goats and drinking their blood.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 06:40:38 AM »
My observation centered on the Bible and the revelation it imparts being sufficient or insufficient and the need or seeking out of more revelation.  That would be revelation in the epistomology sense. 

In that vein i would answer "yes" to your question, assuming that your question a bit ill formed relative to my original observation.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Well someone's a little touchy now aren't they.
Not touchy. Just pointing out that well-informed, intelligent people will look at the same scriptures and come away with quite different interpretations while claiming to adhere to the singular revelation of the Bible.  So, either way, folks are using divine revelation or some other extrabiblical assumptions to come to their conclusions - right or wrong.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
Not touchy. Just pointing out that well-informed, intelligent people will look at the same scriptures and come away with quite different interpretations while claiming to adhere to the singular revelation of the Bible.  So, either way, folks are using divine revelation or some other extrabiblical assumptions to come to their conclusions - right or wrong.

I think you have some odd assumptions about what is meant by "sola scriptura." It doesn't mean that God gives us absolutely no other source of information. Nor does it exclude multiple interpretations of the same text.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 07:29:07 PM »
SO libertarian.  I take it he's for small .gov, reduced taxes and the like.

I would vote for him.  However, the L's seem to be just as rock solid stupid as the R's in putting guys like this up for office.    You really can't run for office and let your freak flag fly, if you want to win the votes of the average American. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2015, 03:22:17 AM »
SO libertarian.  I take it he's for small .gov, reduced taxes and the like.

I would vote for him.  However, the L's seem to be just as rock solid stupid as the R's in putting guys like this up for office.    You really can't run for office and let your freak flag fly, if you want to win the votes of the average American. 

He's not a libertarian, just running as one. His actual politics are pretty close to being no-*expletive deleted*it fascist (though he claims he wants everything -- the eugenics and such -- to be "voluntary"  ;/). In Florida apparently the parties can't control who actually runs under their banner; so long as they meet the minimum requirements to be included on the ballot, they can run as whatever they want. The chair of the Libertarian Party of Florida, Adrian Wyllie, resigned in protest of his campaign.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
He's not a libertarian, just running as one. His actual politics are pretty close to being no-*expletive deleted*it fascist (though he claims he wants everything -- the eugenics and such -- to be "voluntary"  ;/). In Florida apparently the parties can't control who actually runs under their banner; so long as they meet the minimum requirements to be included on the ballot, they can run as whatever they want. The chair of the Libertarian Party of Florida, Adrian Wyllie, resigned in protest of his campaign.
Ah the old "no _true_ goat killing blood drinking libertarian" logical fallacy.  I am sure that logical fallacy has its own wikipedia page.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2015, 05:40:17 PM »
Ah the old "no _true_ goat killing blood drinking libertarian" logical fallacy.  I am sure that logical fallacy has its own wikipedia page.

I'll remember that next time you call someone a RINO.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

roo_ster

• friend
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Regolith

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
It was a joke.

Ah, sorry; I've heard that one too often non-jokingly, it's sometimes hard to tell...

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Re: Libertarian candidate sacrifices goat and drinks its blood
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
Ah, sorry; I've heard that one too often non-jokingly, it's sometimes hard to tell...
No big whoop.  I posted the article not to bash libertarians but as a wtheck and/or wierd bit of americana.  I do like a bit of wierdnesss in my america.

And while i appreciate the no true scotsman sorta-fallacy i sought to have a little fun with it by running with the "no true whacked out absurdity."  I did manage to miss the fascist bit though.  Maybe that would have put it over the top into no-doubt parody.  Poes law is a female dog.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 12:24:18 PM »
I stuck through the most heavily charismatic service (all 2+ hours) I ever attended because of the promise of good eats afterwards.  Well worth it, both for the chow and for the in-service entertainment (all the sort of things you described and more!).  I also felt obliged to stick around after dark due to the skeevy neighborhood and cluelessness of my fellow visiting congregants.

An ex GF and I once gave up on an interfaith Baptist/Pentecostal/Methodist service in spite of promised food afterward.  The sermons were actually pretty good, but the "praise bands" would be kicked out of their own garages for lack of talent if they weren't claiming a religious exemption from the laws of taste.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2015, 05:21:21 PM »
...the "praise bands" would be kicked out of their own garages for lack of talent if they weren't claiming a religious exemption from the laws of taste.

:laugh:  The curse of much of our religious music, these days. I prefer the music from back when the Christians had the best talent. Like, 300 years ago.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2015, 06:13:07 PM »

:laugh:  The curse of much of our religious music, these days. I prefer the music from back when the Christians had the best talent. Like, 300 years ago.

It is all downhill after Bach.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton