Author Topic: Ugh.. need a nap  (Read 591 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Ugh.. need a nap
« on: November 15, 2006, 10:59:46 AM »
We had our office Thanksgiving luncheon today. Pot-luck, and we have some darned good cooks 'round these parts. Whoooo... now I need a big, fat nap.

By the way - I made mashed potatoes like I always do, but discovered too late this morning that I was out of sour cream. I substituted cream cheese on a lark. Oh.. my.. goodness! Let's just say that my NEW favorite mashed potato recipe is as follows:

*WARNING* Those on a diet should look away. Right now.

5 lbs potatos
1 lb salted butter - real butter, not that Tub O' Churn stuff
1 lb (2 pkgs) regular cream cheese
Heavy pinch of pepper
Dash of ground allspice

Allow butter and cream cheese to soften (leave out at room temp for an hour or two). Peel potatoes, cube or slice, boil in salted water until tender. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mash or use hand blender and cream to desired consitency. The salt in the butter should be sufficient for most tastes.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Ugh.. need a nap
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »
Cut the creme cheese and/or sour creme and I am with you.  A good way to ruin good potatoes & butter.   grin
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 11:36:35 AM »
Been doing the cream cheese in the mashed taters thing for a few years now.  Ask Irwin...

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 07:10:22 AM »
Been doing the cream cheese in the mashed taters thing for a few years now.  Ask Irwin...

Chris

I have too, actually.

But Mrs. Mtnbkr takes mooshed taters to a fine art form.

Dammit, Chris, she's not make them in quite awhile.

We gotta rectify that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.