Author Topic: Syria: mustard gas used  (Read 1163 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Syria: mustard gas used
« on: November 05, 2015, 08:33:19 PM »
I was listening to NPR this afternoon and they had the BBC news on and it said the rebels used mustard gas on a village.

Just did a Google search and in the last 60-90 minutes it started showing up in different world news website.

So I guess how long until we got troops on the ground?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Syria: mustard gas used
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:44:01 PM »
Maybe we can just call him Little Boots, because now he's saying that just a few boots -- 100 in all, for 50 special forces -- will be going.

From Ace of Spades.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 08:44:40 PM »
I was listening to NPR this afternoon and they had the BBC news on and it said the rebels used mustard gas on a village.

Just did a Google search and in the last 60-90 minutes it started showing up in different world news website.

So I guess how long until we got troops on the ground?

Supporting which group?  I would suggest supporting Assad against the rebs and ISIS would be the way to go if we absolutely had to go in.

Or do we stand around and just let all comers shoot at us?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:47:21 PM »

Shhh!  You are not supposed to leak the Joint Chiefs' plan.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 09:23:25 PM »
I suggest that we sit on the sidelines and let the russians annihilate the "jv team" along with the finest equipment 'merkin taxpayer money has provided for them. If obama wants to get involved, I suggest he put on his wetsuit, go over there and have a beer with putin and isis then report back how that worked out for him.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:05:11 PM »
We really need to bail out for awhile. The closer the airliner gets to looking like a bombing the less we can count on russian restraint and discrete targeting. How effing dumb to you have to be to claim responsibility for that anyway. ISIS pvt. Pyle, you just signed your own death warrant!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »
First, since everyone has a finger on their nose and looking at everyone else we're not sure who crossed the angry pink (or is dark mauve?) line.

And here how he'll be keeping that "No Boots on the Ground" promise:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 06:31:08 AM »

We really need to bail out for awhile. The closer the airliner gets to looking like a bombing the less we can count on russian restraint and discrete targeting. How effing dumb to you have to be to claim responsibility for that anyway. ISIS pvt. Pyle, you just signed your own death warrant!

I would suggest bailing out definitely. The US would be better off concentrating on being THE USA, Constitutional Republic not "MERICA, Secret Agent of International Ambition and World Control.

Current foreign policy antics are going to get us all killed, seriously. FYI the Russians have more fallout shelters than we do. Build one yourself and you will be labeled "domestic trrist" (that's the bad sort), the good trrists are over in Syria, enjoying tax payer financing, interesting US weapons tech, spec ops advisory and soon to come F15 air cover).

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 07:12:57 AM »

That sounds like a typical Obama strategy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 12:15:45 PM »
OXYMORON
noun, plural oxymora    [ok-si-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh]    
1. a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly” or "Obama strategy."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 03:15:46 PM »
ya know, I just dont trust ANY info coming out of Syria.  God alone knows who is saying what, and for what reason.  There seems to be  about zero 'proof' to back up any claims.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »

I would suggest bailing out definitely. The US would be better off concentrating on being THE USA, Constitutional Republic not "MERICA, Secret Agent of International Ambition and World Control.

Current foreign policy antics are going to get us all killed, seriously. FYI the Russians have more fallout shelters than we do. Build one yourself and you will be labeled "domestic trrist" (that's the bad sort), the good trrists are over in Syria, enjoying tax payer financing, interesting US weapons tech, spec ops advisory and soon to come F15 air cover).

On your FYI, how many of our nuclear weapons are actually online and ready to launch?  I hear mention occasionally that we have been reducing the number each year.

On the other side of that, if Russia did a full launch on us, would Obama even respond in kind or just refuse to make a decision and let them hit us? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 01:12:25 PM »
On your FYI, how many of our nuclear weapons are actually online and ready to launch?  I hear mention occasionally that we have been reducing the number each year.

On the other side of that, if Russia did a full launch on us, would Obama even respond in kind or just refuse to make a decision and let them hit us? 

That would just be the Russians doing his dirty work for him.
Its not like all of the important people in government and media and other 'critical personnel' don't already have an elaborate and well stocked system of bunkers set up already.

Like I said earlier- we have no business in syria. Whatever kind of chickenshit game obama is trying to play is going to hurt us in a big way.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama