Author Topic: South Taurids Meteor Shower.  (Read 520 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
South Taurids Meteor Shower.
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:03:11 AM »
Supposed to have peaked last night but it isn't over.
90 minute drive netted me 5 meteors, one being a pretty good fireball.
November is a big month for meteor showers. North and South Taurids and then the leonids.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
Re: South Taurids Meteor Shower.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:01:32 PM »
About a decade or so back, there was a good meteor shower I watched from my patio that produced 10 or more visible meteors per minute.

Never saw anything before or after that came remotely close to that - most often the "50 per hour" showers produce one or two per hour.

If I'm lucky.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: South Taurids Meteor Shower.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 08:06:08 PM »
Well, if you're going to the Tardis shower, don't let your camera get wet.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."