Author Topic: Stick a fork in him ... he's done. (Carson)  (Read 2940 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Stick a fork in him ... he's done. (Carson)
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 03:51:03 PM »
Actually despite the claims by many in media. West Point even refers to them as Scholarships on some of their Ads. See in this article:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/960/no-ben-carson-didnt-lie-about-west-point-its-ben-shapiro

This whole thing was just a hit piece and lies by Politico which of course the rest of the "Media" picked up and ran with. Most of the current news reports are still not accurate.

I've heard that recruiters often start out calling them  scholarships because few if any know about appointments.  If the recruiter makes progress he later explains what is really happening.....a sorta "Keep It Simple Stupid" process......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2015, 05:13:03 PM »
I've heard that recruiters often start out calling them  scholarships because few if any know about appointments.  If the recruiter makes progress he later explains what is really happening.....a sorta "Keep It Simple Stupid" process......

All of which is a sad commentary on just how low the intellectual/scholastic level has fallen in this country. When I was in high school (shortly after the signing of the Magna Carta) I think every guy who might have had even a remote chance of attending West Point or Annapolis knew how it worked. The concept that recruiters have to resort to calling appointments "scholarships" to avoid confusing the potential applicants is frightening. They're chasing after kids who can't understand "Congressional appointment," and these are the same kids who are some day going to be leading our soldiers into battle?

Does not instill confidence.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 05:13:24 PM »
The thing is that the American public, the sentient ones anyway, aren't buying into the Democrat BS and the media BS anymore.  They've also caught on to the RINO wing of the R party as well.  The proof of that is Trump and Carson.  The more they are smeared, the more the sentient public leans in their direction.  So far, the only other R who seems to have caught on to what the reality is today, is Cruz.  I was a bit disappointed in Rand Paul who got sucked into the name calling crap.  I didn't think he'd do that.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2015, 07:24:19 PM »
All of which is a sad commentary on just how low the intellectual/scholastic level has fallen in this country. When I was in high school (shortly after the signing of the Magna Carta) I think every guy who might have had even a remote chance of attending West Point or Annapolis knew how it worked. The concept that recruiters have to resort to calling appointments "scholarships" to avoid confusing the potential applicants is frightening. They're chasing after kids who can't understand "Congressional appointment," and these are the same kids who are some day going to be leading our soldiers into battle?

Does not instill confidence.

Yeah, all the kids are stupid these days.  ;/  (Or 46 years ago, as the case may be.) There is a difference between stupidity and ignorance. For example, a kid that's uninformed about West Point is simply ignorant. An older gentleman that can't figure out that a recruiter might call it a scholarship just to make it sound more appealing - well, I won't call him stupid. But come on. Think about it.

In any case, it's great that the second result in a Bing search for "Ben Carson" is a headline that reads, "Report: Ben Carson lied about West Point acceptance," followed by another headline reading, "Ben Carson is upset people are calling him a liar for saying untrue things." Great job, internet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »
So how many of you think this originates from the left or from the establishment R's?  I was assuming the establishment R's, but I forget that there is a strong effort by some to be sure that any black man who isn't a liberal is torpedoed. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2015, 11:42:48 PM »
Actually despite the claims by many in media. West Point even refers to them as Scholarships on some of their Ads. See in this article:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/960/no-ben-carson-didnt-lie-about-west-point-its-ben-shapiro

This whole thing was just a hit piece and lies by Politico which of course the rest of the "Media" picked up and ran with. Most of the current news reports are still not accurate.

I wouldn't be surprised if the RNC is in on it somehow.  Technically I guess I'm registered as a Republican (because I don't know how to unregister)  I was a county delegate last go round.  But after the stunts they pulled at the 2012 national convention, *expletive deleted*ck all of them.  :mad:
"It's good, though..."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2015, 11:57:07 PM »
When i see actions like these it makes me realize that the other side are not mere opponents but enemies with zero decency and honor
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 02:38:51 AM »
It's just too hard to manufacture Texas Air National Guard memos from a deadman, or find someone in the hospital that one time, once claimed sexual harassment, in order to smear a good and decent man (Again, not my #1 Pick *cough* Ted Cruz *cough*), but one of my five, if nominated I will actually vote "for".

Again shows what lengths the media will go to in attempts to discredit front-running (R) Candidates.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »
http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/06/politico-admits-fabricating-a-hit-piece-on-ben-carson/

already the hit piece angle is showing it's true.  Politico admits it has not done the right thing, from a journalistic standpoint.  Can there be any doubt who the MSM works for?

NOVEMBER 6, 2015 By Mollie Hemingway
Politico‘s Kyle Cheney admitted that he fabricated a negative story about Ben Carson. At least, according to his own standards, he admitted the grievous journalistic sin.

In a story published early on Friday, Politico’s Kyle Cheney authored a piece headlined “Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship” with a subhed “Carson’s campaign on Friday conceded that a central point in his inspirational personal story did not occur as he previously described.”

There were at least five major problems with the story:

The headline was completely false
The subhed was also completely false
The opening paragraph was false false false
The substance of the piece was missing key exonerating information
The article demonstrated confusion about service academy admissions and benefits

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 12:35:26 PM »
USMA class of 1991.

There are really 3 ways into an Academy.   First, the politically connected, but they still need to meet minimum academy standards.  Second, athletes.  Academy helps find them an appointment.  Third, prior service.  People who come out of the service, who have an excelkent record and got the attention of the right brass, who help find them a way.  Fourth (my way in) involves young people who do well in school, who onmay earn a varsity letter even if not a collegiate level athlete, who earned an Eagle Scout medal or shown leadership in other ways.  Apply.  Get a nomination, an appointment,  and an admission.

Now, it is not completely free.  There is an inital cost to cover initial uniforms and clothing, some equipment, I think that a laptop is now a part of that.  In 1987, I think it was $1,800 for me.  And there are scholarships to cover this for those in need.  After that,  you trade future service for the cost of uniforms, gear, etc.  And, you actually earn a salary as a cadet.

So, there you go.  Yes, there are scholarships.  Yes, its completely possible for a senior brass to offer help getting in. 

No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2015, 10:48:24 AM »
So the Interwebz being forever and all, Michelle Malkin posted this reminder about Obama's view of the past and how he seemed to escape MSM criticism:

That time Obama lied & said 1965 Selma march inspired his parents to conceive him...even though he was born in 1961.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
So the Interwebz being forever and all, Michelle Malkin posted this reminder about Obama's view of the past and how he seemed to escape MSM criticism:

Now now now the anointed one cannot lie.

Only Uncle Tom race traitor n*****s like Ben Carson tell lies. The good blacks that follow their masters on the Democrat plantation are above reproach.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »
Just because the MSM tried to smear Carson is no reason to vote for him, given:
1. Gun grabber
2. Pro-amnesty for illegals
3. Pro-statehood for Puerto Rico

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »
Well, I'm not for or against anyone so far (I figure let the mass herd get thinned out a bit before seeing if there's anyone I actually like) but I did see something this morning about Carson's stats in the polls going up, edging in on Trump like numbers.

It's seems to me that maybe having hit pieces and attacks from liberal and mainstream media could be more of an aid than a hindrance for the various GOP candidates.   
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »
Well, I'm not for or against anyone so far (I figure let the mass herd get thinned out a bit before seeing if there's anyone I actually like) but I did see something this morning about Carson's stats in the polls going up, edging in on Trump like numbers.

It's seems to me that maybe having hit pieces and attacks from liberal and mainstream media could be more of an aid than a hindrance for the various GOP candidates.   
That does seem to be the current mood of the primary voters.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 11:02:45 PM »

Hell, it makes me want to see what's up with the guy as a potential vote from me.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark