Author Topic: 13-year-old shoots, kills home invader  (Read 1369 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
13-year-old shoots, kills home invader
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:25:19 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
Re: 13-year-old shoots, kills home invader
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
Another dindunuffin killed by the gun culture. I hope obama's justice department investigates.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »
Here's hoping the kid finds a gun of his own under the Christmas tree this year.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 10:39:23 AM »
Dang. The kid hit one of the goblins three times, and put several shots into their vehicle.

Well done, young man. Well done, indeed.

It's a good thing it didn't happen in my state. The mother would have been arrested for allowing a 13-year old to be in a house with a gun that wasn't locked up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »
As Brown and Bennett fled in a gray Chevy Sonic, the boy continued to fire at them.

That's the thing that bothered me about the story, but of course a 13 yo would not know about the complexities of the law.  He only knew how to survive.

But he did add to the evidence pool which identified the dindonuffins involved.  That's a good thing, I guess.

A couple of 3/8" or 1/2" holes in your trunk lid or tailgate are pretty hard to explain... shot at on the highway, indeed.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 04:36:38 AM »
Eh. Could just be bad reporting too. The bad guys had been shooting at him. If bad guys were shooting from the car as they drove away, firing at them as they drive away is acceptable.

Or he was just caught up in the combat.

Either way,  good on him for so effectively defending himself, and here's hoping the legal folks in his town don't get vindictive or stupid.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »
I know a teenager that was in a similar situation, but they ran off when they saw (or heard?) the pump shotgun. He also fired at them as they drove away.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 09:56:20 AM »
It's a good thing it didn't happen in my state. The mother would have been arrested for allowing a 13-year old to be in a house with a gun that wasn't locked up.

I occasionally find it amusing that Texas has a defense to prosecution for the law against allowing a minor access to a handgun if they use it in defense of the home.  So, they can't have access to it, unless they have access to it and use it to shoot a burglar.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
I know a teenager that was in a similar situation, but they ran off when they saw (or heard?) the pump shotgun. He also fired at them as they drove away.
I am 100% ok with teenagers (and adults for that matter) repelling boarders with extreme prejudice.
Which reminds me...I have a 13 year old which I need to spend more time at the shooting range with.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »
I occasionally find it amusing that Texas has a defense to prosecution for the law against allowing a minor access to a handgun if they use it in defense of the home.  So, they can't have access to it, unless they have access to it and use it to shoot a burglar.

I tend to take the rule as 'don't let your minor have access to firearms unless you really, really, trust them to be responsible enough for it.'

Because the only time you get prosecuted for it is when the kid, whether intentionally or unintentionally, uses it to shoot somebody that shouldn't be shot.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »
Because the only time you get prosecuted for it is when the kid, whether intentionally or unintentionally, uses it to shoot somebody that shouldn't be shot.

Pretty much, and the exception is just to keep a liberal prosecutor from abusing someone who did the right thing.