Author Topic: seeingificanposthisway  (Read 818 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
seeingificanposthisway
« on: November 16, 2006, 08:37:31 AM »
just got emalefrom a cleitn actualy teh clients son and it was 1 of these stoopid stream of consciousness emails where ther is no puntuation and no capitals and evrything is horibly mispeled and it went on and on and didnt say anything i just want to try and post like that because it dont know if i can because it is so  diffrent form what i usually do and this is very hard because i keep wanted to backspece and fix all teh mistakes and it makes me a litle crazy so i will stop now b4 it makes me any stoopider -brad

(Glad I got that out of my system!)
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

client32

• friend
Re: seeingificanposthisway
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:15:14 AM »
I assume you are asking me for my bank account information so that you can transfer the millions of dollars from my dead relative?  At least that is what first comes to my head when I see emails typed that bad.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:37:43 AM »
You sure you didn't get that message from someone in Naval Intelligence?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

USP45usp

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 09:47:41 AM »
I too have noticed that more and more people are being very lax on how they type (spelling, grammar, etc..).

I'm not an English major but I do try my best even when I am behind a monitor.

Another thing that is starting to get to me, using "computer slang":

r u gtg 2 da party?  (and I really suck at trying to make an example but you know what I mean).

Wayne

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 10:20:05 AM »
I know somebody who types like that. "Your" and "you're" interchangeable, little punctuation except for ....... , no capitalization, etc.

She's about to graduate from a University as an English major. No joking.  rolleyes
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

HForrest

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 10:24:50 AM »
lol k

Car Knocker

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 10:33:04 AM »
I wonder if people realize how poorly such a writing style reflects on them and their putative "education"?
Don

client32

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 02:45:18 AM »
I'm not an English major but I do try my best even when I am behind a monitor.
I'm with you on this.  I try, but am not very good.  Luckily we have fistful to point out our mistakes.  Wink
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:47:13 AM »
You know, I'm one of those few people that it is actually physically painful for me to try to read something like that.   Or the "l33t" speak that some "h4x0rz" want to use.  I seriously want to smack people who type/write in this manner. 

[/rant]
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy