Author Topic: "Fast Food Nation"--Typical Hollywood  (Read 1291 times)

Cosmoline

• friend
"Fast Food Nation"--Typical Hollywood
« on: November 16, 2006, 10:03:28 AM »
This is the hot new left wing Cause movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460792/

It's inspired in part by the success of the documentary "Supersize me," but unlike that film it's not really real.  The filmmaker invents a fictional Colorado town, fills it with earnest liberal Hollywood actors, and then pretends to uncover a Secret Plot by the meat packing industry to hide fecal matter in beef.  Michael Moore got in trouble for twisting words and making creative edits.  These people avoid that problem by just getting rid of the real people.  Because after all, the actual small town Americans can't be expected to understand the evils of fast food.  It's up to Hollywood to instruct them.  To make things even more bizarre, the filmmaker still claims this is a politically important film about the horrors of the meat packing industry!  Even though the whole thing is purely fictional! 

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
Re: "Fast Food Nation"--Typical Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 10:10:46 AM »
too bad nobody warned us about the fecal matter in organic spinach.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »
Fast food has everything for liberals to hate: big corporations, universal standards and menus that disregard regional differences, unhealthful product.  But they are now trying to figure out how to demonize it to make money.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »
too bad nobody warned us about the fecal matter in organic spinach.
. . . or the horrible taste of uncooked broccoli.

It sounds like a modern rehashing of "The Jungle."

What happened to great cause movies like Godzilla?  smiley
For entertainment purposes only.

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 12:29:51 PM »

The stomach-churning info presented in "The Jungle" was enough to get TR, hisownself, involved.  See the Librools ain't always right, but they ain't always wrong either.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 06:50:32 PM »
This is why I prefer Soylent Green.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:38:03 AM »

The stomach-churning info presented in "The Jungle" was enough to get TR, hisownself, involved.  See the Librools ain't always right, but they ain't always wrong either.
There were real, tangible problem with the meat packing industry in TR's day.  The Jungle served a useful and necessary purpose in identifying these problems to the public.  The current crop of Hollywood "cause" movies are nothing but self-serving BS. 

Fast food is perfectly sanitary and safe to eat.  Health code rules ad inspectors/enforcers keep it that way.  Eating fast-food beef is far safer today, in the era of universally available refrigeration, than eating any meet from the days of TR and The Jungle.  The notion that Hollywood needs to tell me what I should and should not eat is downright insulting.

Fast food may be bad for your waistline, but that's not the food's fault.  That's the user's fault, for not moderating his diet properly.  The food itself is perfectly safe and healthy.

Most Americans, I believe, see through Hollywood's elitist and insulting "We're going to save you from yourself" do-goodery.  If they knew how to save anything from anyone, they'd save themselves from their own perennially declining box-office numbers.