Author Topic: Truck or SUV ?  (Read 488 times)

cornerrow

Truck or SUV ?
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:23:22 PM »
I'm in a market of buying my new commuter. Purpose would be people carrier and carrying some construction materials occasionally. I would also be pulling a atv and Motorcycle trailer seasonally. Hope someone could suggest a good vehicle to buy.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Truck or SUV ?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:01:01 PM »
SUV is a better people hauler than a pickup.
Pickups are better for dirty stuff.

I am probably going to get an SUV for my next vehicle (thinking Jeep Grand Cherokee), I currently have a pickup and I had an SUV before it. I don't really need to haul people around, they can drive their own vehicles.

I will also get a smaller trailer to haul stuff in, such as firewood and big game.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Andiron

• friend
Re: Truck or SUV ?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:02:55 PM »
How many people?  Any more then 4 on a regular basis and I'd look at a bigger SUV.  

As for trucks,  weight is your biggest variable.  When you say "construction materials occasionally", are we talking pallets of sheetrock or a few 2x4s and some plywood?  If hauling is minimal and the biggest thing you're pulling is a motorcycle,  any of the big 3's half ton offerings should do.  I'm biased towards Ford trucks,  simply because they never took money from the Feds.

If I had to go buy one right now,  it would be whatever dealership was giving 0% financing.  Past that the 150/1500/1/2 ton trucks are all the same to me.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.