Author Topic: Jihad in Indonesia  (Read 798 times)

Otherguy Overby

• friend
Jihad in Indonesia
« on: November 19, 2006, 07:40:30 AM »
Warning, do not follow this link if you've a weak stomach.

What's going on right now in Indonesia:

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2006/11/islamic_jihad_i.html

It looks to me like being a westerner there would be a death sentence.
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

Cosmoline

• friend
Re: Jihad in Indonesia
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:23:33 PM »
I'm surprised the Secret Service agreed to let GW go there.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a try at his life.  The Muslims there are totally out of control, and are determined not just to kill the small Christian minority but all the other religions in the islands.  Bali itself is being taken over by them.  Can you imagine a Muslim Bali?  Forget the music and the tourism.  It will be like all the other Muslim crud holes.  I wonder how long it will be before anyone in power has the guts to admit we're in the middle of a holy war.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 01:57:36 PM »
Y'know, I consider myself a laid-back person. I don't get bent by much, ever.  I want to be left the hell alone by people, governments, telemarketers and the like.

Stuff like that makes me desirous of dusting off the old stockpiles of neutron bombs.

We're in a war where genocide is the only goal of our enemies.  They wish to achieve it with homicide bombers and machetes. I think if we are to prevail against them we, as a combined western civilization, must resort to fighting fire with fire. In this case, our technological fire is going to be accompanied by a very bright flash and soft X-rays.

If we have the nerve to prevail.

Sticking one's head in the sand only makes it easier for one's enemy to cut it off.

I don't post reactionary statements. This one is the most inflammatory one I've ever done. As distasteful as the thought of destroying a human culture is to me, I don't see another way out of this.  Appeasement, negotiation, bargaining...only will weaken our eventual position and allow infiltration to persist.  I don't wish to be a conquered nation.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 04:42:30 PM »
Ah, and there is the rub of our current dilemma.  Does Western Civilization still have the will to prevail and survive?

Sometimes I wonder...   
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 06:46:38 PM »
Ah, and there is the rub of our current dilemma.  Does Western Civilization still have the will to prevail and survive?

Sometimes I wonder...   

No it doesn't. If the jihadists are smart enough to only kill their enemies in dozens or hundreds at a time, they'll win, unless they civilize themselves, or an "uncivilized, unwestern" power arises to fight them. Sadly, the only way western civilization will recognize the problem and give it the attention it deserves will be if they do something like nuking a city.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 09:24:39 PM »

Sometimes I wonder...   
Nope.  We don't have the stomach for low-level counterinsurgency wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, much less a clash of civilizations against 25% of the world.  I think that ultimately bin Laden will be proven right.  The US doesn't have the stomach to stand and fight for what is right and decent.

Otherguy Overby

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 12:54:21 PM »

If we don't have the will to stop this stuff it will come here.  So what will we do then?  Will the left have managed to disarm all of us just in time for a domestic Jihad?
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!