Author Topic: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge  (Read 27256 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2016, 11:59:06 AM »
Should we assume, given that this occurred on one of the most isolated roads in the state, that LE had dash cams running and all officers had bodycams running, for their own protection? The footage would go a long way towards clearing things up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2016, 12:00:07 PM »
Should we assume, given that this occurred on one of the most isolated roads in the state, that LE had dash cams running and all officers had bodycams running, for their own protection? The footage would go a long way towards clearing things up.

one would assume.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 02:07:43 PM »
You know what happens when you assume....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 02:19:20 PM »
I'd bet my life savings that the Feds have moles planted in that group, and likely agents provocateurs as well. 
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »
I'd bet my life savings that the Feds have moles planted in that group, and likely agents provocateurs as well. 

X2. I'd there is video, we will most likely never see it. That sheriff there is an idiot.  He was on a fox a while ago getting all choked up and showing severe butthurt signs stressing that " we don't get all armed up and rebel in this country. We work with the system to solve issues".

What an f tard.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2016, 02:45:56 PM »
QFT

If rumblings on the Book Of Faces are accurate, there are groups of patriotic citizenry en route to, um..., "assist" in certain efforts. I see this as getting a lot worse, and very soon.

Brad

Barry needed a little extra push to get some traction on gun control.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
Interesting info on why they were going to John Day. Sheriff Palmer is who I mentioned in my post above.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/post_2.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2016, 04:06:29 PM »
Yep, it appears as if the Fed's have tried to out stupid the knuckleheads.  Again all they had to do was play the long game, arrest them in a ones and two as they left the "compound" to go for runs into town, etc.

Now the call has gone out for re-enforcements to come join the stand-off.  

This is not going to end well....

Just like a skunk eating bees from a bee hive.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »
I was thinking about this today, so if the BLM sold their land for $100 an acre, 100,000 acres will got for 10 million dollars. Typical BLM land can support 1 cow per 100+ or so acres. So you'll have to spend $10 millions for land that can only support maybe 1000 head of cattle. I really don't see how you could have a return on investment or a bank that would loan the money.

Currently AUMs are $1.69, so that means grazing rent is about $20 per cow w/calf annually.

Also if BLM and USFS liquidated land, it wouldn't be people like you and me buying it, it would be the Ted Turners of the world and all access would be shut off to everyone.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2016, 09:54:14 PM »
Well, it appears to be over. Bundy told the remaining people to go home. Stated through his attorney. He and the others from the traffic stop are being held without bail.

Were any BLM protesters arrested and held without bail? Looters? Arsonists? Just curious.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2016, 10:09:44 PM »
Well, it appears to be over. Bundy told the remaining people to go home. Stated through his attorney.

I wonder if the Feds will allow them to go home.  I'm guessing "no."

He and the others from the traffic stop are being held without bail.

Some were arrested separately from the fatal "traffic stop."  Are they also being held without bail?

Were any BLM protesters arrested and held without bail? Looters? Arsonists? Just curious.

#WhiteRanchersLivesDontMatter
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2016, 02:07:13 AM »
Don't have a link handy but the guy that said the deceased "charged" the cops was supposedly released.  My guess is he was a Hoover undercover.
Formerly sumpnz

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2016, 09:28:33 AM »
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/eyewitnesses-knock-down-conspiracy-theories-about-lavoy-finicum-dying-with-his-hands-up/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The person in the cited story appears to be givng an anecdotal account. Given all the stories flying around I'd like to see a story from a direct witness. Better yet, unedited video from the cops' car and body cams.

Brad
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:01:59 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 11:04:15 AM »
The person in the cited story appears to be givng an anecdotal account. Given all the stories flying around I'd like to see a story from a direct witness. Better yet, unedited video from the cops' car and body cams.

Brad

I won't believe a thing the Feds have to say on this until they release video.

If it was suicide by cop,  lets see it and put all the rumors to bed for good.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2016, 11:31:55 AM »
I won't believe a thing the Feds have to say on this until they release video.

If it was suicide by cop,  lets see it and put all the rumors to bed for good.

Yup. I realize it's a little tinfoily, but given the way these arrests were made, I would want to see full disclosure from LE. They still haven't addressed the bogus traffic stop, which we know was bogus, because if they were just pulled over for a traffic violation while driving, then why were there roadblocks in place along their route ahead? LE didn't implement the full roadblocks until after the arrests.

Also I saw a report on Fox News where they found OMG NVGs at the site. Guess we'll have an "NVG loophole" next. I'm still not going back on my previous comments that these guys were knuckleheads, but knuckleheads have rights too. They certainly have at least the same rights as BLM protesters, so should be accorded the same punishments under the law, or BLM protesters should have been accorded the same punishments as these guys (or more, considering BLM was violent and destructive). The White House needs to launch the same investigations into "LE wrongdoing" that they did for BLM protests. Or not.

Regardless, again, all they have to do is release the raw video and this issue will be resolved one way or the other right quick.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2016, 12:19:25 PM »
Better yet, unedited video from the cops' car and body cams.

This.  If he really "charged" them, then video of that would settle it all right away.  Sounds to me more like maybe he was in a hurry to get to the meeting and jogged over to see what was going on when they were stopped.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »

Brad
The guy in video was in the same vehicle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:55 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2016, 09:04:39 PM »
For those waiting for the FBI to release the video of the shooting involving the militia members....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGxDWKrjPQ

Here's the nearly 27 minute unedited video of the traffic stop involved....  According to the FBI (and you can see it in the video) he twice reached his right hand towards the left side of his jacket (even though he did exit with his hands up).   The second time, he was shot by an Oregon State Police trooper....   They found a loaded 9mm handgun inside his jacket on the left hand side.

The vehicle was stopped for about 4 minutes before taking off again, trying to go around a roadblock (and nearly striking an FBI agent)....  The relevant portion starts at about the 8 minute mark....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2016, 09:19:23 PM »
Well, watching that video loses them some sympathy from me. Taking off from the stop, then trying a high speed evasion of the roadblock, then him getting out of the vehicle the way he did, and making the moves he did, not smart. Not smart at all.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2016, 09:29:35 PM »
I have to say, I completely understand the frustration over how BLM Land is managed, etc....  But this was not the way to get it addressed....    Just like the Occupy idiots, the message gets lost.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2016, 09:47:13 PM »
For those waiting for the FBI to release the video of the shooting involving the militia members....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAGxDWKrjPQ

Here's the nearly 27 minute unedited video of the traffic stop involved....  According to the FBI (and you can see it in the video) he twice reached his right hand towards the left side of his jacket (even though he did exit with his hands up).   The second time, he was shot by an Oregon State Police trooper....   They found a loaded 9mm handgun inside his jacket on the left hand side.

The vehicle was stopped for about 4 minutes before taking off again, trying to go around a roadblock (and nearly striking an FBI agent)....  The relevant portion starts at about the 8 minute mark....

He DinduNuffin! He wuz a good boy! Hands up don't shoot!

Oh wait...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2016, 10:16:17 PM »
He DinduNuffin! He wuz a good boy! Hands up don't shoot!

Oh wait...

lolz
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2016, 10:24:04 PM »
I have to add, kudos to the FBI for releasing unedited video that quickly. I wish all LE would do that for more incidents.