Author Topic: Hickock45 videos pulled from Youtube?  (Read 6682 times)

brimic

• friends
Hickock45 videos pulled from Youtube?
« on: January 06, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/06/hickok45-youtube-channel-shut/

It doesn't seem like anyone knows if he pulled them of youtube deleted his videos.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Hickock45 videos pulled from Youtube?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:21 AM »
YouTube pulled them.

Apparently the account was locked for some violation but I didn't catch what the violation supposedly was.

I'm hoping it's a matter of some idiot drone and it comes back up without all his content being lost.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Hickock45 videos pulled from Youtube?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
YouTube pulled them.

Apparently the account was locked for some violation but I didn't catch what the violation supposedly was.

I'm hoping it's a matter of some idiot drone and it comes back up without all his content being lost.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.

He screwed something up with his ads, or Google+ crossover he probably didn't even know he was doing.

If it was truly anti-gun/politically motivated, channels like FPS Russia would have been long gone by now.

Although I'm sure the fact that it's a "gun channel" made the Bay Area Google/YouTube employee, or some triple-outsourced Indian in a Mumbai office park that was reviewing him cut him no slack.
I promise not to duck.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 12:13:27 PM »
Channel is back up but showing no content.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
I'm still seeing

This account has been terminated due to repeated violations of Google's policies.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »
My bad. Direct-entered the URL and mispelled his name. There's a /Hickock45 channel mimicking the real channel.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »
I'm just seeing "no recent videos" and no content anywhere on the site.

On a side note, while googling what happened, I came across another reason to ignore the TTAG site. From 2011, but they bashed Hickock as unsafe, and gee, he giggles when he shoots stuff, so he must not be a professional. Comments ran about 90% pro-Hickock though. :)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/benjamin-t-shotzberger/irresponsible-gun-owner-of-the-day-hickok45/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 01:02:11 PM »
Oh, wait. I must have gone to the same poser's site that Brad did. HICKOCK45 all caps, vs hickok45, which looks like it's back?

https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45/videos
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »

On a side note, while googling what happened, I came across another reason to ignore the TTAG site. From 2011, but they bashed Hickock as unsafe, and gee, he giggles when he shoots stuff, so he must not be a professional. Comments ran about 90% pro-Hickock though. :)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/07/benjamin-t-shotzberger/irresponsible-gun-owner-of-the-day-hickok45/

I don't know if I saw it here within the last month or so or elsewhere, but the consensus was that TTAG isn't really pro-gun as much as it is crap click bait.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 01:39:09 PM »
Oh, wait. I must have gone to the same poser's site that Brad did. HICKOCK45 all caps, vs hickok45, which looks like it's back?

https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45/videos

His channel works fine for me.  Last video was uploaded 7 hours ago.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »
Yep, appears to be back.

Brad
-HankB

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 09:30:50 PM »

oh goody. I'm an unsafe shooter! (what!?! somethings are just worth a giggle!)

I hope they get Hickock back up and running quickly though, or else Dad might have a meltdown when he finds out. Dad loves Hickock45.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 10:09:43 PM »
I follow Hickock's FB page,  and was really pissed dc off when it looked like they shut him down for gun issues. Then I noticed my other favorite gun channels were still up.  By lunchtime, he was back, and from his FB posts, looks like some admin issue, not a gun issue.  Really enjoy his channel and gun reviews.  He enjoys it so much.  But I am jealous of that range.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 10:15:22 PM »
But I am jealous of that range.

Me too. I think he's somewhere in TN. I'd love to have a setup like that! I also like watching his videos just because he has so much dang fun. You get just about as much regarding gun functunality out of his videos as you do the ones with the super serious guys.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 06:47:10 AM »
Me too. I think he's somewhere in TN. I'd love to have a setup like that! I also like watching his videos just because he has so much dang fun. You get just about as much regarding gun functunality out of his videos as you do the ones with the super serious guys.

Yup.  There's something to be said about his approach to the subject.  He looks like he'd be a hoot to have a range day with. :D

Chris

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »
Yup.  There's something to be said about his approach to the subject.  He looks like he'd be a hoot to have a range day with. :D

Chris

Or sit down with and have a beer and talk.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 03:17:11 PM »
I actually got to spend two days with him back when LuckyGunner held their blogger shoot at BulletFest.  (Lots of FA fun).

He really is a fun guy to hangout with.  And what you see in his videos is just how he is.  Just a good ol' boy who likes to shoot and talk about it. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 03:43:05 PM »

I would vote that you retain more of the information from Hickock than with the super serious guys since the delivery is more memorable.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 07:40:46 AM »
The cool thing with him is that he apparently doesn't take himself too seriously. It's more about sharing a topic of interest and fun, rather than being an authoritah. He isn't above you or below you, so it's easy to meet eye to eye on what he is talking about (unless you are standing right next to him, I am told  :lol:).
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »
I would vote that you retain more of the information from Hickock than with the super serious guys since the delivery is more memorable.

There's not much gunny stuff on youtube I watch with any regularity beyond Forgotten Weapons and Hickock45.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
There's not much gunny stuff on youtube I watch with any regularity beyond Forgotten Weapons and Hickock45.

I've watched many of H-45's videos, and a bunch of videos by some other gun-related U-tubers. They all get old after a while. At least with Hickock, you don't have some of the more annoying stuff you get from other folks, and he seems like a pretty nice guy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 08:49:50 AM »
Forgotten weapons is pretty much the only channel I watch consistently, because, I see "new" things and learn how they work with almost every episode. All others, as has been said, get old. Enough of the Tavor MAC!
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 10:47:20 AM »
I don't really do the youtube (on anything really, not just talking about the guns) but what I've seen of both forgotten weapons and Hickock, I like.

I actually laughed my butt off last night, watching some of Hickocks Hi Point video, when he was going over the cost of each pistol in the intro.  :rofl:

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 11:54:32 AM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 12:09:35 PM »