Author Topic: Boston Globe Letter to the Editor - Guns  (Read 1031 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Boston Globe Letter to the Editor - Guns
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »
I thought this was a great letter. Many of the comments, of course, are unhinged. To wit:

No , that man on the train ( that liberal loud mouth) was just frustrated because you have all the power with your NRA and no matter what a liberal thinks you will always have the power and I can promise you it will always be the liberal who would save your life in a crisis by trying to stop the would be robber while you are reaching for your gun and running away from the dangerous situation.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/letters/2016/01/09/man-sat-next-train-gun-owner-you-hate/aSTz3mB9lYC0n3xyObLd5L/story.html#comments
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
Re: Boston Globe Letter to the Editor - Guns
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
Looks like he kicked a hornets nest.
Trolololol  >:D
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 04:04:39 PM »
Who carries an NRA membership card in their wallet? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 04:08:09 PM »
Herein lies the real problem.
Everyone, both sides, screaming and vilifying.
No one listening...
Love this guy trying to take some sort of high ground.  Did he read the letter at all?  I think one person was listening. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »
An NRA member. Duh.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 04:44:31 PM »
And we're supposed to believe some guy was going on a full blown political tirade on his phone on the train, conveniently sitting next to a gun owner while hitting all the "stereotypical liberal" talking points?
This makes as much sense as any of the comments. 

See looney lefties complain about the "right wing wackos" always strikes me as weird especially when most of them come off pretty crazy themselves. 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 05:05:38 PM »

I do, because I like being, literally, a card-carrying member of the gun lobby. And on the odd chance I can use it for a discount somewhere.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 05:10:19 PM »

I do, because I like being, literally, a card-carrying member of the gun lobby. And on the odd chance I can use it for a discount somewhere.

Me too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »
Obviously they're getting unhinged because they're losing.

But the bigger issue is kind of how Lefties freak out at Fox News. Despite the fact that it's news coverage tends to be the most centrist/neutral of all the big networks. (not counting the punditry/opinion shows...) People who've lived their whole lives inside the liberal narrative freak out, seeing something centrist as reactionary right-wing.

In the same way, in terms of the broader "culture war" in America, the Left has become so used to winning on so many fronts, on the size of government, sexual mores, PC speech, welfare policy, a whole host of things... that when they get their noses rubbed in one of the few places they are losing, like over gun control, or the slow decline of unionization, you see them lose their figurative *expletive deleted*it over it.
I promise not to duck.