Author Topic: Is anyone else happy the Patriots lost?  (Read 6438 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Is anyone else happy the Patriots lost?
« on: January 24, 2016, 11:44:25 PM »
I am. I've never liked Belichek, but I used to respect Tom Brady. Until "deflategate."

It warms the cockles o' me wee black heart to see cheaters lose. Aye it does.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: Is anyone else happy the Patriots lost?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:53:51 PM »
Deflategate wasn't a thing. It was bad science twisted by Goodell into a smear on the team.

I was hoping they would go on to win the Superbowl so he would have to hand Robert Kraft the trophy.

But not a fan of theirs otherwise.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:05:39 AM »
I was really happy when the Seahawks lost.  Not because I necessarily wanted them to lose, but because football fandom has gotten so ridiculous around here that i was just happy to not have to listen to it anymore.
Formerly sumpnz

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 06:41:44 AM »
I was really happy when the Seahawks lost.  Not because I necessarily wanted them to lose, but because football fandom has gotten so ridiculous around here that i was just happy to not have to listen to it anymore.

That is the same reason I am happy the Patriots lost.  I am surrounded by Patriot fans all year long.  This loss will shut them up until August.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 07:31:47 AM »
That is the same reason I am happy the Patriots lost.  I am surrounded by Patriot fans all year long.  This loss will shut them up until August.

I just learned that our NFL team is leaving town for good. I win.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
Is it still football season?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 09:03:50 AM »
Is it still football season?

Two more weeks.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 10:06:45 AM »

We've never had one so I win more!  =D

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:08 AM »
Yes and no.  Now Carolina can beat the Donkeys.

Not a fan of the Pats or Broncos so I didn't care who won.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 11:43:37 AM »

ST Louis: Where football teams go to die.  Or lose.  Or leave, once they realize they are in St Louis.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »
ST Louis: Where football teams go to die.  Or lose.  Or leave, once they realize they are in St Louis.

That's alright. As a Cardinal fan, I'm perfectly happy with baseball being the only professional sport in St. Louis.

(Yes, I'm aware of the Blues.)

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »
I like the White Sox and the Blackhawks.  The Bulls were fun to watch when Michael Jordan was playing.  The Bears have been "meh" since '85.  I sincerely hope the Cubs lose in the  playoffs (or even better, don't make the playoffs) this year.

Since there is no TV at home, there is no sports at home.  Watching Robert play for a season is much more enjoyable and generally cheaper then going to one professional game.

And yes, I'm glad the Cheatriots lost.  I was highly disappointed when the judge overturned Brady's suspension. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »
ST Louis: Where football teams go to die.  Or lose.  Or leave, once they realize they are in St Louis.

Oh, I don't know. The Rams did win one Superbowl, and go to another. Maybe it took them a few years to realize where they were.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 01:45:04 PM »
Yes.

No love for Belichick,  and they win too much anyway ( under dubious circumstance, more than a few times)

I don't really watch much pro ball,  but I'd like to see Cam Newton walk all over the broncs.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 02:11:09 PM »
Not a huge football fan, but I do love it when the Patriots lose.  >:D
Kinda/sorta follow the Packers, but I gave up on them 3 or 4 games ago... glad they lost last week in a really good game so they didn't have to bear the indignity of getting spanked by Carolina.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
Yes.

No love for Belichick,  and they win too much anyway ( under dubious circumstance, more than a few times)

I don't really watch much pro ball,  but I'd like to see Cam Newton walk all over the broncs.
If the Denver pass rush cannot get to Newton, they will lose.  I thought the Patriots inability to give Brady any time to throw made all the difference.  He would have picked apart the Denver defense.  The disrupted his game just enough to keep them from scoring. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 03:08:00 PM »
Two more weeks.

. . . and the Stupor Bowl is in my back yard this year.  Oh.  Freakin'.  Joy.

Can't be over soon enough to suit me.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »
Not a huge football fan, but I do love it when the Patriots lose.  >:D
Kinda/sorta follow the Packers, but I gave up on them 3 or 4 games ago... glad they lost last week in a really good game so they didn't have to bear the indignity of getting spanked by Carolina.

I like it when the Packers win, as a (very) casual "Packers Fan".

I like it when the Packers lose, because people stop talking about the Packers.

Win win for me.  =D
I promise not to duck.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:14 PM »
If the Denver pass rush cannot get to Newton, they will lose.  I thought the Patriots inability to give Brady any time to throw made all the difference.  He would have picked apart the Denver defense.  The disrupted his game just enough to keep them from scoring. 

And you've found the secret to Brady's success: he's had excellent pass protection most of his career.

Put pretty much any pro-quality quarterback with that type of protection and you'll find they can pick apart a defense, too.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 05:33:44 PM »

I'm not  a loyal fan of any team. I tend to gravitate toward teams I consider to be class acts. Right now, for example, I dislike the Steelers because I dislike Roethlisberger -- as far as I'm concerned, he's just a thug. I liked the Cowboys when Tom Landry was coach ... but he's been gone for "awhile." These days, Aaron Rodgers gets my nod as the class act in pro football. I'm sure there are others, but he's the one who stands out for me.

So I guess that makes me sort of a Packers fan ... until I'm not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 06:08:19 PM »

I like it when the Packers lose, because people stop talking about the Packers.

Win win for me.  =D

I don't like to admit it, but I'm the same way about the Cardinals. I prefer they have as short a season as possible, but it's still strangely gratifying when "we" win. Not that it's "we," since I have nothing to do with it. But still.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 09:41:07 AM »
Deflategate wasn't a thing. It was bad science twisted by Goodell into a smear on the team.

I was hoping they would go on to win the Superbowl so he would have to hand Robert Kraft the trophy.

But not a fan of theirs otherwise.

QFT. I had this discussion with one of my faceplace friends.

She's screaming CHEATER LOST!!!

I'm asking how she know's he's a cheater.

WELL, EVERYONE KNOWS!

No proof was ever given that Brady was involved, other than circumstantal and hearsay.

THE LOCKER ROOM ATTENDANT ADMITTED THAT BRADY KNEW!!! CHEATER!

No locker room attendant ever said that Brady knew, or concocted, the deflated footballs. There was only circumstantial hearsay alluded to in the Wells report.

YOU'RE JUST PISSED BECAUSE A CHEATER GOT CAUGHT!

The Federal courts certainly didn't agree with NFL's assessment, and an independent review of the "evidence" found very troubling errors by NFL's scientific consultant, errors that bring the Colt's and NFL's allegations into serious question.

YOU'RE OFFENDED BY MY CALLING OUT A CHEATER!

No, I'm offended when seemingly rational people can't see the difference between allegations and facts. I'm offended that seemingly rational people think that screeching at the top of their lungs somehow turns allegation into fact. Here's a very simple, and very damning fact. In the first half, using supposedly underinflated balls, the game was close. Finally, I'm offended by the witchhunt mentality that's been growing around the NFL because of the Pat's success. It's a cheap and convenient way for teams to "explain" their inability to find a way to contain the Pats.

Here's an absolute, incontrovertible fact for you... In the second half, with the Patriot's balls inflated to the league maximum, the Patriots bitchslapped the Colts onto the golf course by embarassing them on both sides of the football. Where was the supposed "advantage" that Brady had with the allegedly underinflated balls?

GUH GUH GUH GUH.... CHEAT, GUH... WHA... WOOBIE WOOBIE...

Finally, if allegation and "common knowledge" are the basis for a determination of guild, of what are you guilty? Tax evasion? Adultery? Something worse?

Not 100% sure, but I think I've been unfriended.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2016, 09:46:26 AM »
Yep. Unfriended.

I guess that's proof that some people just can't handle being called on their bullshit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »

QFT. I had this discussion with one of my faceplace friends.

She's screaming CHEATER LOST!!!

I'm asking how she know's he's a cheater.

WELL, EVERYONE KNOWS!

No proof was ever given that Brady was involved, other than circumstantal and hearsay.

THE LOCKER ROOM ATTENDANT ADMITTED THAT BRADY KNEW!!! CHEATER!

No locker room attendant ever said that Brady knew, or concocted, the deflated footballs. There was only circumstantial hearsay alluded to in the Wells report.

YOU'RE JUST PISSED BECAUSE A CHEATER GOT CAUGHT!

The Federal courts certainly didn't agree with NFL's assessment, and an independent review of the "evidence" found very troubling errors by NFL's scientific consultant, errors that bring the Colt's and NFL's allegations into serious question.

YOU'RE OFFENDED BY MY CALLING OUT A CHEATER!

No, I'm offended when seemingly rational people can't see the difference between allegations and facts. I'm offended that seemingly rational people think that screeching at the top of their lungs somehow turns allegation into fact. Here's a very simple, and very damning fact. In the first half, using supposedly underinflated balls, the game was close. Finally, I'm offended by the witchhunt mentality that's been growing around the NFL because of the Pat's success. It's a cheap and convenient way for teams to "explain" their inability to find a way to contain the Pats.

Here's an absolute, incontrovertible fact for you... In the second half, with the Patriot's balls inflated to the league maximum, the Patriots bitchslapped the Colts onto the golf course by embarassing them on both sides of the football. Where was the supposed "advantage" that Brady had with the allegedly underinflated balls?

GUH GUH GUH GUH.... CHEAT, GUH... WHA... WOOBIE WOOBIE...

Finally, if allegation and "common knowledge" are the basis for a determination of guild, of what are you guilty? Tax evasion? Adultery? Something worse?

Not 100% sure, but I think I've been unfriended.

Sports are full of fans caught up in cognitive dissonance over things that really don't have any consequence in the real world.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
I like the White Sox and the Blackhawks.  The Bulls were fun to watch when Michael Jordan was playing.  The Bears have been "meh" since '85.  I sincerely hope the Cubs lose in the  playoffs (or even better, don't make the playoffs) this year.

I am sure I read somewhere in Leviticus that rooting against the Cubs is a sin.  At least you don't cheer for the Mets (AKA, "Satan's Team").

I kid.  (Though perhaps "Mets" is short for Metsistopholes?)

Since there is no TV at home, there is no sports at home.  Watching Robert play for a season is much more enjoyable and generally cheaper then going to one professional game.

This plus eleventy.  Well, we don't go see your son's games, but our kiddos' games, well, they are a hoot & a half.

And you've found the secret to Brady's success: he's had excellent pass protection most of his career.

Put pretty much any pro-quality quarterback with that type of protection and you'll find they can pick apart a defense, too.

Similarly true for running backs who have O-linemen that can rip holes in the defense wide enough to drive a manure wagon through.

Sports are full of fans caught up in cognitive dissonance over things that really don't have any consequence in the real world.

Like pro sports.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton