Author Topic: Valentine's Day - Bummer  (Read 1085 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Valentine's Day - Bummer
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:11:14 PM »
Movie Trivia for 2016.  I was watching Ghostbusters 2 this weekend.  Early in the movie during the World of the Physic that Bill Murry's character was hosting, one of the guests predicted the end of the world would occur on February 14, 2016. 

https://youtu.be/J511q05SReQ
At about 1:28 into this video which is about half way. 

=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Valentine's Day - Bummer
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 10:18:22 PM »
Has anyone's prediction about the end of the world EVER come true?
Since we're all still here, I'D have to  guess, NO.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:36:30 PM »
I just thought it was funny.  I usually hear about this stuff after the fact.  I was interesting to watch an old movie and realize the date they picked was just around the corner.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 05:33:26 AM »
Since we're all still here, I'D have to  guess, NO.

Believe this and not bother getting her chocolates,flowers, and the rest of the kit and it turns out not to have been accurate, you are going to wish the world had ended.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:05:40 AM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/21-times-the-simpsons-bizarrely-predicted-the-future#.ntJ4Zdxyj

If the simpsons predict the future demise of the planet, be very scared....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/21-times-the-simpsons-bizarrely-predicted-the-future#.ntJ4Zdxyj

They've predicted a president Trump, too....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »

Mine have, repeatedly.  I frequently predict that it won't end today.

I figure I'll only be wrong once, and right every day until then.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 12:25:43 PM »
Mine have, repeatedly.  I frequently predict that it won't end today.

I am interested in what you have to say and would like the subcribe to your newsletter. 

That is a daily newsletter right?   =)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 01:42:02 PM »
Mine have, repeatedly.  I frequently predict that it won't end today.

Did you know that economists have predicted 7 out of the last 3 recessions?

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 02:44:01 PM »

Based on those examples, I doubt I would be worried.  The Simpsons have had decades to come up with all sorts of stuff.  Most of those examples are hardly even coincidental.  They got me the read through them though.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
"Valentine's Day.  Bummer."

On the bright side, I don't have to buy my wife anything and I don't have to do my incomes taxes.  Yippee!

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 03:54:45 PM »
Fallout 4 predicts nuclear armageddon on OCT 23, 2077. I'll be long dead by then, so I don't worry. Of course it also predicts a future as seen from the 1950s- nuclear powered everything, including cars, motorcycles, houses having 1950s styling.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 03:57:22 PM »
Fallout 4 predicts nuclear armageddon on OCT 23, 2077. I'll be long dead by then, so I don't worry. Of course it also predicts a future as seen from the 1950s- nuclear powered everything, including cars, motorcycles, houses having 1950s styling.

That's not outside the realm of possibilities for me to be alive. It is on the tail end of them, and at that age, I don't think I'd have to worry about dealing with the aftermath, anyway.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 04:11:46 PM »
That's not outside the realm of possibilities for me to be alive. It is on the tail end of them, and at that age, I don't think I'd have to worry about dealing with the aftermath, anyway.

Aftermath at that age is fun; nothing to lose, and all those unclaimed guns just lying around...