Author Topic: Cruz as a liar  (Read 6960 times)

grampster

• friend
Cruz as a liar
« on: February 14, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »
I've been reading and hearing that Cruz has been lying about stuff.  Since I think most of the present candidates are unfit to lead the Republic, I more or less haven't been paying too much attention any more.

So do any of you know what lies Cruz has been spreading or what is he claiming that is untrue?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Cruz as a liar
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
I heard he's a Muslim.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:55 PM »
Mostly it's because he repeated a CNN report about Carson going home, Of course, Trump and Rubio campaigns did too, but somehow they get a pass.

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=50773.0
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:13:27 PM »
It the narrative they (other R's and Trump along with the MSM) are trying to pin on him.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 10:31:33 PM »
I give cruz grief where he deserves it but i think the ben carson deal is much ado.  Reading the cnn report text could lead one to think carson was pulling up stakes.  Especially if his support could fold in rather easily with ones own.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 10:41:16 PM »
It was also pointed out the same day the story broke that Rubio campaign people were tweeting the story/rumor before the Cruz people.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 12:11:50 AM »
The FUD I most often encounter about Cruz are:

1. Big Banx! Big Banx!

2. He ain't natch'ral!

3. He's mean to Ben Carzons!!

4. Random crazy mutterings...

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 01:23:02 AM »
That Cruz might lie is not something that bothers me.  He's a politician.  Which means he's a cheat and a liar.  When he's not kissing babies he's stealing their lollipops. 

A politician lying is to be expected.  What matters is what he lies about.  HRC lies about things that can and have gotten people killed.  Sanders lies about things that will bankrupt the country.  Trump lies about, well, just about everything. 

If Cruz is lying the best they can come up with is some petty campaign shenanigans. 
Formerly sumpnz

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 07:55:43 PM »
It's a smear campaign.

He's the best turd we have so far.

It's messy.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 10:15:09 PM »
It's a smear campaign.

He's the best turd we have so far.

It's messy.

This, and if the people who are backing Trump are doing so because they are really P.O.'ed at the GOPe... Cruz is the one they really want.

Interestingly, a recent poll showed they'd like Cruz's SCOTUS pics better than Trumps. So maybe there's something to the idea that many are only Trump backers until it's closer to the convention as a form of protest.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »
I'd have more respect for Cruz if he'd just come clean about his role in the murder of Meriwether Lewis.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 10:35:12 PM »
This, and if the people who are backing Trump are doing so because they are really P.O.'ed at the GOPe... Cruz is the one they really want.

Interestingly, a recent poll showed they'd like Cruz's SCOTUS pics better than Trumps. So maybe there's something to the idea that many are only Trump backers until it's closer to the convention as a form of protest.

Sorry bud, but that indicates the smoking of bud.

Cruz has kissed the rings of the same donors Rubio and íJeb! has.  Cruz is a creature of the donor class, no matter how much he may or may not rub GOPe the wrong way.  Same billionaire asses, same billionaire bucks, same policritter results.  Cruz will even pull a Judas on his fellow Christians for campaign money.  Cruz is GWB/Rubio/íJeb! with more brains, less charisma, and the same obligations to those who fund his campaign.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 10:36:20 PM »
I'd have more respect for Cruz if he'd just come clean about his role in the murder of Meriwether Lewis.

:lol:

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 10:52:59 PM »
It was suicide. T-Jeff said so.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 11:10:26 PM »

Cruz has kissed the rings of the same donors Rubio and íJeb! has.  Cruz is a creature of the donor class, no matter how much he may or may not rub GOPe the wrong way.  Same billionaire asses, same billionaire bucks, same policritter results.  Cruz will even pull a Judas on his fellow Christians for campaign money.  Cruz is GWB/Rubio/íJeb! with more brains, less charisma, and the same obligations to those who fund his campaign.
As long we are making assumptions, Trump has taken donations and a small but not insignificant amount of his total money is not his.  Second, he "loaned" his campaign a big chunk of money he is working with.  The fact that he loaned it instead of simply gifting it indicates he intends to pay it back at some point.  I don't think Trump is above taking money from big donors and I don't think his principles are firm enough for him to have an issue with attached strings.  
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:35:59 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »

Cruz has kissed the rings of the same donors Rubio and íJeb! has.  Cruz is a creature of the donor class, no matter how much he may or may not rub GOPe the wrong way.  Same billionaire asses, same billionaire bucks, same policritter results.  Cruz will even pull a Judas on his fellow Christians for campaign money.  Cruz is GWB/Rubio/íJeb! with more brains, less charisma, and the same obligations to those who fund his campaign.

I won't argue your point that the risk is there that Cruz is making deals with the devil...

But to say he has less charisma than the three you named....that's laughable.  He has more spunk, passion and charisma than all three of those put together.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 10:45:12 AM »
I won't argue your point that the risk is there that Cruz is making deals with the devil...

But to say he has less charisma than the three you named....that's laughable.  He has more spunk, passion and charisma than all three of those put together.

GWB
Personable (if not articulate) and resolute. 

Rubio
Shiny, handsome, articulate when on script. 

íJeb!
Yeah, you are right.  íJeb! is a turnip, charismatically speaking.  I musta been smoking some of AJ's stash when I included the trans-hispanic íJeb!.

===================

Cruz
He is smarter than all three (or most any GOP POTUStential candidate in a long time) and he has more naked ambition than either Bush(1).  Rubio may rival Cruz in that category (ambition, not smarts).  But naked ambition is not pretty to behold.  Were he a bit more introspective or socially astute, his ambition could be projected as passion & spunk.  But Cruz can not or has not pulled that one off.  Instead, even folk who like much of what Cruz says(2) catch the scent of that naked ambition mixed with A/V nerd-level social cluelessness(3).  Cruz is too lacking in social graces or smarts to polish that naked ambition into "passion and spunk" for folk not already in his corner.  Maybe he will develop some social smarts.

(1) In reality, I think both Bushes are as ambitious as can be, they just have the social skills to smooth it out.

(2) I include my own self in that group.  Especially when he was beating Dianne Feinstein about the head in the Senate regarding a constitutional point.   Good stuff, that.

(3) "Why's she angry?  She asked if she looked fat in that pricey outfit she's been pining over for a month and I told her her ass looked much larger than in her usual clothing.  What gives?"
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 11:31:29 AM »

He shot Alexander Hamilton, so he automatically gets my vote.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »
The only candidate the leftist mother *expletive deleted*ers fear is Cruz. They are claiming that he wants to "burn the world" and are scared shitless about him
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2016, 02:18:43 AM »
The only candidate the leftist mother *expletive deleted*ers fear is Cruz. They are claiming that he wants to "burn the world" and are scared shitless about him

"Burn the world."  What the heck do they mean by that statement?  It sounds like they are ginning up fear for the sake of fear itself.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 02:41:22 AM »
"Burn the world."  What the heck do they mean by that statement?  It sounds like they are ginning up fear for the sake of fear itself.

They're leftists.  That's what they do.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2016, 07:33:13 AM »
"Burn the world."  What the heck do they mean by that statement?  It sounds like they are ginning up fear for the sake of fear itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt0anp7WK8

They're leftists.  That's what they do.

Yup. They say the same thing about anybody who doesn't drink their Kool-Aid. Bernie Sanders is righteously indignant, while Donald Trump is "angry." Etc, etc. Like most complaints about the right, the charge of nihilism is a projection of the Left's own flaws onto The Other.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 08:35:18 AM »
I guess I was spoiled by Ronald Reagan and his manner of speaking, sense of humor, intelligence, charisma and overall general demeanor leading to attracting folks. (hard core leftists and statists excluded) I got assigned to bodyguard him for a couple days when he was governor of Kali.  He was in town stumping for Nixon iirc.  He was a delightful man and saw to it that folks who were entrusted with his care were taken care of and appreciated by him.  Maybe I'll post some day what that couple days was like, or maybe I already did in the past.

It seems like every time we come up with candidates they have some sort of shortcoming having to do with appearance or a screechy voice or other sort of personal attribute that tends to put one off. Those sorts of off-putting attributes tend to distract from the message, especially since a great deal of Americans are more attracted by the flash rather than the content.

It seems from the lack of solid examples of Cruz lying, I presume the accusations are Bulldreck.  I know folks who claim know Cruz and say he is very, very bright and really is a committed conservative. 

What do folks here think about Kasich.  He was a congressman and is now governor of Ohio.  His track record seems to indicate a guy who has principals and has managed to have a positive impact in Ohio and in the congress.  Anyone know more about him??
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 08:48:31 AM »
What do folks here think about Kasich.  He was a congressman and is now governor of Ohio.  His track record seems to indicate a guy who has principals and has managed to have a positive impact in Ohio and in the congress.  Anyone know more about him??

He signed onto Obamacare* and plans to stick future generations with the bill for it because "FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY! (for now)!!!".

That's all I need to know about him.

*Specifically, the Medicaid expansion.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 08:55:36 AM »
He signed onto Obamacare* and plans to stick future generations with the bill for it because "FREE GOVERNMENT MONEY! (for now)!!!".

That's all I need to know about him.

*Specifically, the Medicaid expansion.

Has Kasich ever verbalized why he did the above...his reasons or reasoning??