Author Topic: ford ranger gas tube question  (Read 807 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ford ranger gas tube question
« on: November 25, 2006, 01:23:42 AM »
I got a problem (ok I hear you thinking that)

My 90 ford ranger has a busted fuel delivery hose.
The nice guys at napa auto parts tell me there is nothing cheaper then ford to fix
the problem as only fordmakes  them 300 bux!

I will tru to get one at a junk yard but I was wondering
is there a sleeve I can insert into it instead?

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Leatherneck

• friend
Re: ford ranger gas tube question
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 03:40:47 AM »
I take it this is a hard steel tube with all the bends needed to navigate from tank to engine? Try an aftermarket flexible tube with the right fittings. I'm thinking of the stainless steel-wrapped tubing like hydraulic lines are made of.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:40:25 AM »
Are you talking about the gas tank filler tube? If so, I have the same problem on my '94 Ranger. Didn't know they were that expensive!

I need to take a look at mine but, I'm thinking maybe I could find a piece of rubber hose to fit over it and sleeve it that way. probably cut the tube and splice in the sleeve.

I take it you got your fuel delivery problem fixed?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 01:41:22 PM »
yup it's the gas tank filler tube, real difficult to remove and replace.
According to the nice guys at NAPA auto parts , no aftermarket gas tubes for the 90 Ford Ranger.

I had the same problem two months ago I fixed it with some weld (radiator gas tank weld)

but I had some idiots working on my truck and they messed it all up (long story)
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Volt

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »
I would go try a junk yard. Wonder if a trimed down universal fit radiator hose would work?
My user name is lbmii on the "High Road".

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 08:33:43 PM »
I would go try a junk yard. Wonder if a trimmed down universal fit radiator hose would work?
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 02:42:41 AM »
Only two problems with junkyards these days:
1. Junkyards have computers and they know exactly what dealers charge for parts, and they charge accordingly; may not see much of a savings.
2. A 16-year old filler tube from a junker may not have much life left (deteriorated rubber).

Personally, I'd pursue adapting some new tubing to the Ranger if at all possible.

YMMV.

TC
TC
RT Refugee