Author Topic: RANT: I'm too old for this dren.  (Read 478 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
RANT: I'm too old for this dren.
« on: November 25, 2006, 09:22:04 AM »
Zits. 

I never had a problem with 'em as a teen or 20-something.  But across the past couple of weeks, it looks like I'm paying for that avoidance NOW.  "Lucky" me, they are the deep seated carbuncle type that take forever to resolve and can lead to scaring.  The only saving grace is that they are not on the face, but look to be confined to just inside the nose, the aperture of the ear canal and the fingers.  Darn annoying still.

Guess I better have my physician take a good look at immune system functionality with my check-up next month, and see if she'll take a culture of the skin's resident bacterial population and look for particularly pathogenic strains.

*SIGH*

/rant off
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: RANT: I'm too old for this dren.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 10:21:12 AM »
Anyone with a history of rosacea in your family?

Acne rosacea can flare up at any time.

I've got it. Mine takes the form of both the deep type and surface pustules that look a lot like acne.

I had my first flare up back around 1994 or 1995 and was diagnosed at that time. Treatment was metrogel (topical) and Doxycycline, a tetracycline cousin.

About 4 months of that drove it into remission for nearly 7 years, until it flared up again last year. I put up with it for over a year, driving it down with powerful steroidal creams that had been prescribed for my psoraisis (also in remission), but that can have some long-term effects, so I finally went to the doctor.

3 weeks on the Metrogel and Doxy again, and my skin looks 99% normal again.

Both times I had flare ups I was under a LOT of stress, and both times I was able to change my job situation. Hopefully I'll be able to have another long-term remission.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »
And I thought your avatar was just made up.  shocked
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:40 AM »
Yeah, judging by your picture, that's the last thing you should worry about.  Tongue 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife