Author Topic: No Jeopardy for the hosers, eh?  (Read 536 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
No Jeopardy for the hosers, eh?
« on: February 22, 2016, 11:10:03 PM »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/02/21/467569135/canadians-left-with-questions-after-being-barred-from-jeopardy

I bet Red Green and some duct tape will have things put to rights in time for a Tim's.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: No Jeopardy for the hosers, eh?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »
Well, hell!  If you want the nanny state to wrap you up in cotton batting (is that racist?) and protect you from everything, then you need to be willing to accept that there  are going to be some times when you will miss out on something.

While I agree that the questions are becoming more oriented towards pop culture than science/humanities and Dead White European Guy History, the point is that the show is "entertainment" for the unwashed masses who want to think they are almost as smart as those nerds who get to compete.  Also, the show depends on sponsors and advertising - the sorts of things conspicuously absent from the PBS-presented "brain game" shows.*

stay safe.

* - which, BTW, need a few HS teams from the inner city/ghetto wearing hoodies and sweet kicks instead of all those preppies in blazers.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: No Jeopardy for the hosers, eh?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:20:22 AM »
"It's good, though..."