Author Topic: Random thought  (Read 2509 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Random thought
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:41:22 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/16/anti-trump-groups-threaten-largest-civil-disobedience-action-of-the-century/

It's apparently an open secret that George Soros is funding anti-Trump demonstrations. So these are not spontaneous, "grass roots" expressions of ... anything. They are pre-planned, deliberate attempts to subvert the political process by which the United States country governs itself.

Isn't that sort of like ... "treason"? Shouldn't these clowns be arrested and charged with something a lot more serious than distrurbing the peace? Something like attempting to take over the government? That's what treason is, right?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

agricola

• friend
Re: Random thought
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:24:48 PM »
It isn't, and to be honest I would be amazed if Soros was the only one funding the anti-Trump crowd.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:27:42 AM »
"the United States country"

Your grammar really drinks when you're slipping.  :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
I would say that he could be charged with funding a riot. SOP Third world politics creeping into 'merica.

As far as treason, almost every person in high office should be charged with that. Seriously.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:23:31 AM »

Your grammar really drinks when you're slipping.  :P

You got me.

I originally wrote "this country," and then I remembered that the Internet (and the membership of this forum) is International and that I shouldn't assume that all readers are citizens of and physically in the U.S. so I changed it -- and didn't clean up the resulting grammatical mess.

My bad.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 07:55:41 AM »
You got me.

I originally wrote "this country," and then I remembered that the Internet (and the membership of this forum) is International and that I shouldn't assume that all readers are citizens of and physically in the U.S. so I changed it -- and didn't clean up the resulting grammatical mess.

My bad.

I figured. It happens.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Random thought
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 08:12:06 AM »
I would say that he could be charged with funding a riot. SOP Third world politics creeping into 'merica.

Inciting riot, interfering with a Federal election, trespassing.....there's a law somewhere to cover it.....

.....whether it will be enforced or prosecuted is another matter.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
"Isn't that sort of like ... "treason"?"

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 09:16:47 AM »
It's most certainly not treason.

It is, however, playing with fire.

The right/traditional/patriotic wing in this country has been generally law abiding and going through the political process in the traditional way.

People have limits, though. Trump is a result of the blue-collar workers feeling generally ignored and put upon. (Which they rightfully feel, even if they are looking to the wrong person to fix it.)

Try to stop the legitimate expression of their frustrations with violence or the threat of violence? The sucker punch in North Carolina is just a hint of what will result.

Please note, I'm not encouraging the resulting violence nor am I pleased by that outcome. I'm just predicting it, given what I know of human nature.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
If you add to that a possible attempt by the Republican Party to circumvent the Primary voting process and things could get ugly. 

From what I heard, Soros (or someone who is funded by him) gave a sizeable chunk of money to the Kasich campaign.  I wonder where else Soros and others like him are throwing money around that isn't so public. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »
I wonder where else Soros and others like him are throwing money around that isn't so public. 

"News" organizations.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
Unfortunately, the definition of "Treason" in the COTUS is too limited to help us. I had forgotten that (if I ever knew it). My initial post was based on a dictionary definition, such as the following from Merrian-Webster On-line, which I think does fit:

Full Definition of treason

:  the betrayal of a trust :  treachery

:  the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family.

It may be a stretch, but I think trying to rig an election by intentionally turning public appearances by opposing candidates into riots or near-riots could be regarded as "attempting by overt actions to overthrow the government ..." There aren't too many things more overt that a good riot.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 12:14:38 PM »
"News" organizations.
I thought I saw a brief mention of that last year.  I can't remember where.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »
Well he is "betraying" the electoral process, or attempting to do so, by using strong arm tactics and brute force. Having a loud crowd forcefully descend upon a political speech or gathering and impede free discourse is a strong arm tactic.

As far as stopping what is already rolling with the "Trump", good luck with that. If they can't get the "Trump" peacefully, there will be an insurrection. People have had it. The show is over. Some people "in power" don't seem to get that it seems. Does anyone here really see another Bush or Clinton going over well with most Americans?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »
Well he is "betraying" the electoral process, or attempting to do so, by using strong arm tactics and brute force. Having a loud crowd forcefully descend upon a political speech or gathering and impede free discourse is a strong arm tactic.

As far as stopping what is already rolling with the "Trump", good luck with that. If they can't get the "Trump" peacefully, there will be an insurrection. People have had it. The show is over. Some people "in power" don't seem to get that it seems. Does anyone here really see another Bush or Clinton going over well with most Americans?

If your Avatar were a picture of yourself, Blakenzy, I'd say you're well-dressed for the event! [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 04:57:05 PM »
If your Avatar were a picture of yourself, Blakenzy, I'd say you're well-dressed for the event! [tinfoil] [tinfoil]

I think that there are enough angry and disenfranchised people that won't take kindly to underhanded maneuvers to another serving of the same-old, same-old flavor forced down their throats. If they feel cheated out of what they see as their voice, there is a good chance they will act out.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 05:27:55 PM »
I think that there are enough angry and disenfranchised people that won't take kindly to underhanded maneuvers to another serving of the same-old, same-old flavor forced down their throats. If they feel cheated out of what they see as their voice, there is a good chance they will act out.

And if they do, the Ds and their PR machine will blame it all on Trump. They (the Ds) win either way -- if they succeed in forcing cancellations of Trump events, they win on the spot. If they succeed by NOT getting the events cancelled but by causing riots that they can then attribute to Trump -- they still win.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 05:57:40 PM »
And if they do, the Ds and their PR machine will blame it all on Trump. They (the Ds) win either way -- if they succeed in forcing cancellations of Trump events, they win on the spot. If they succeed by NOT getting the events cancelled but by causing riots that they can then attribute to Trump -- they still win.

Not quite. We had some people on the forum here say that they were now more likely to vote for Trump, since BLM rioted against him. I think Trump came out of that with more support than before. This is the pattern for all left-wing or "moderate" criticism of Trump, so far.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 08:52:38 PM »
If you add to that a possible attempt by the Republican Party to circumvent the Primary voting process and things could get ugly. 

From what I heard, Soros (or someone who is funded by him) gave a sizeable chunk of money to the Kasich campaign.  I wonder where else Soros and others like him are throwing money around that isn't so public. 

Possible hell. It's pretty much a foregone fact. Unless Trump manages to squeak in with the magic 1237 delegate count he will not be the nominee. Current feeling is that we would end up with some combo of Romney/Kasich/Rubio/Ryan on the ticket.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »
Possible hell. It's pretty much a foregone fact. Unless Trump manages to squeak in with the magic 1237 delegate count he will not be the nominee. Current feeling is that we would end up with some combo of Romney/Kasich/Rubio/Ryan on the ticket.
There certainly are a lot of establishment guys bringing it up.  However, I am not sure if it is serious (meaning enough of them to make it happen) or if it is just them floating the idea to see what the reaction is.  We still have months to go before the Convention. 

I think it would be a big mistake myself.  I am just afraid that some of those establishment guys think they would be better off under Hilary than Trump or Cruz.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 10:43:31 PM »

Apropos, since this whole process has full retard written all over it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.