Author Topic: Anyone in the Piedmont/Triad area (NC)?  (Read 1369 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Anyone in the Piedmont/Triad area (NC)?
« on: April 27, 2005, 04:56:01 AM »
what the title says.

I'm thinking about putting it on my list of transfer requests.  I'd be at the airport.  Any suggestions on areas to live, housing price range between $175,000 and $200,000?  Good schools a must.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Smith

• friend
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:01:38 AM »
Yup.  

I am familiar with Winston-Salem's neighborhoods, but not Greensboro's so much.  Winston's northern and western ends are nice, but a fair drive from GSO.  The eastern part of the W-S are that is essentially Walkertown and Kernersville are nice and quaint (east W-S proper is NOT good, but these two towns are).  I don't think either W-town nor K-ville have a "slum" but there probably isn't much as far as "high end" either.  They are older communities with a steady population.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 10:59:28 AM »
Okay thanks.  I'll probably submit my paperwork this week.  Typical gubmnt, nothing moves very fast.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”