Author Topic: CCW for women  (Read 694 times)

Chris

CCW for women
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:03:50 AM »
My wife is in the process of pursuing her CCW.  her carry weapon is my...well it used to be mine...Smith and Wesson Model 19.  She likes the size and weight, and has no interest in autos.  Anyways, she wants a purse with a holster for the gun.  Yes, I know of the dangers of off-body carry.  Yes, I have talked to her about holsters that would work for her, her dress code, and keep the gun on-body.  yes, she even likes the old Bianchi sholder holster I used to carry the 19 in a long time ago.  But she still wants a purse/holster.

Suggestions?  It must look good and be functional.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: CCW for women
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:14:37 AM »
My wife is in the process of pursuing her CCW.  her carry weapon is my...well it used to be mine...Smith and Wesson Model 19.  She likes the size and weight, and has no interest in autos.  Anyways, she wants a purse with a holster for the gun.  Yes, I know of the dangers of off-body carry.  Yes, I have talked to her about holsters that would work for her, her dress code, and keep the gun on-body.  yes, she even likes the old Bianchi sholder holster I used to carry the 19 in a long time ago.  But she still wants a purse/holster.

Suggestions?  It must look good and be functional.

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1922.php
Galco makes a few.  Not cheap, but for my wife's security I'd spend just about anything.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Re: CCW for women
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 07:32:18 AM »
I'll mention your wife has good taste.  Is she married? grin
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.