Author Topic: Judge: Probable Cause to Charge 911 Caller in Beavercreek Police Shooting  (Read 1277 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Does everybody remember this happening a couple of years ago?   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_John_Crawford_III

It appears the caller maybe charged for making false alarms.  There is Wally World video that is synced to the 911 call on the page below.
http://www.700wlw.com/articles/local-news-119585/judge-probable-cause-to-charge-911-14576919/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
I remember that one.  I wanted the 911 caller to be charged with murder.   :mad:  Well, maybe 6 months in jails and a fine will set the stage for a wrongful death civil suit.
"It's good, though..."

TechMan

• Administrator
I just got done watching the video at the link and that guy that made the 911 call should be charged with murder and manslaughter since a lady had a fatal heart attack due to the police response.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
Is the video from the store available?  I am curious about what the mother said about the police shooting him immediately.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
Is the video from the store available?  I am curious about what the mother said about the police shooting him immediately.

Yes, click on the second link in my OP.  There is a video that is synced up to the 911 call.

MechAg94

• friend
Wow, that was a pretty quick shoot.  looked like they hit him with a rifle as soon as he reacted to the first verbal challenge.  I agree there was no time to respond to commands. 

My first assumption was it was a scary guy with a gun call, but I didn't hear anything said that was completely untrue though probably exaggerated.  Sounded like he mistook him for a potential robber and didn't recognize the pellet rifle his own store sells.  He never got real close in the footage shown.  I was much more shocked at how quickly the police resorted to shooting him.  Not what I would expect. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge