Author Topic: Bubba tells BLM how it is.  (Read 3337 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Bubba tells BLM how it is.
« on: April 07, 2016, 04:26:28 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Bubba tells BLM how it is.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »

Not sure why they think storming political candidates will make more folks side with them. What I've been told in the past was it is intended to 'raise awareness' and 'force people to leave their comfort zone and confront the reality of the problem.' I don't think it does a great job of either. Personally, I'd raise money and votes. Then go after strict and achievable goals. Such as removing qualified immunity from folks that commit felonies on the govt payroll, or asking for standardized rules of engagement, or more judgment shoot training for police, etc.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 04:45:10 PM »
(EDIT: CRAP, wrong tab.)

Bubba, telling the truth?

Miracles do happen.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 04:45:35 PM »
Not sure why they think storming political candidates will make more folks side with them. What I've been told in the past was it is intended to 'raise awareness' and 'force people to leave their comfort zone and confront the reality of the problem.' I don't think it does a great job of either. Personally, I'd raise money and votes. Then go after strict and achievable goals. Such as removing qualified immunity from folks that commit felonies on the govt payroll, or asking for standardized rules of engagement, or more judgment shoot training for police, etc.

There were a lot of things that the BLM crowd could have focused on that would (or at least, may) have gotten bi-partisan support. (More accountability for police/prosecutors, civil asset forfeiture, etc...)

Ginning up racial animosity was a much high priority, as that gets votes for Democrats and doesn't require them to DO anything.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
(EDIT: CRAP, wrong tab.)

Bubba, telling the truth?

Miracles do happen.

Broken clock is right two times a day.

Uranus is a gas giant.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »
Broken clock is right two times a day.

Unless it is a 24 hour clock.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 04:52:16 PM »

Why do you hate America?

Uranus is a gas giant.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »

Or a 9 hour clock, which would only be right once every 6 days.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
Remember the "Black Lives Matter" movement is not about solving issues with the police, it is about gaining protection for the criminals so they can commit crimes in peace and/or get slaps on the wrist when they do get caught and prosecuted.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »
Well, that wasn't what I expected. I expected some coveralls wearing goober from GA talking to the Bureau of Land Management and threatening to take over a patch of dirt.  =|

bob

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 05:13:44 PM »
Or a 9 hour clock, which would only be right once every 6 days.

What in the hell is a 9 hour clock?

Uranus is a gas giant.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »
What in the hell is a 9 hour clock?

Half of an 18 hour clock.   

bob

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2016, 05:25:52 PM »
Half of an 18 hour clock.   

bob

So the clock the guys who fell of the turnip truck use?

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2016, 05:26:53 PM »
He's trying to get Hillary some of that "honesty" appeal that Bernie and Trump have going for them.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:08 PM »
He's trying to get Hillary some of that "honesty" appeal that Bernie and Trump have going for them.

Except he screwed up big time and was actually honest.

I didn't know he could do that.  :O
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
What I've been told in the past was it is intended to 'raise awareness' and 'force people to leave their comfort zone and confront the reality of the problem.'

Should make folks rethink their support of gun control.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 08:59:17 PM »
Remember the "Black Lives Matter" movement is not about solving issues with the police, it is about gaining protection for the criminals so they can commit crimes in peace and/or get slaps on the wrist when they do get caught and prosecuted.

BLM may be many things, but that's a stretch.  That sort of attitude towards black politics tends to reinforce their views rather than undermine them.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 09:01:12 PM »

Honesty would be telling the crowd that Clinton presided over the largest increases in prison sentences, and the largest cuts to welfare, of any president in the 20th century.  Wonder how the Bernie crowd would react.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
BLM may be many things, but that's a stretch.  That sort of attitude towards black politics tends to reinforce their views rather than undermine them.

Bullshit. I'm calling it like it is. I live over here, you don't.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 10:47:39 PM »

I suspect Boomhauer was being sarcastic.......
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »
No, that is how it looks to me.  Their hero was a guy who robbed a store then tried to beat up and kill a police officer.  Sounds bluntly accurate. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 11:00:15 PM »
Honesty would be telling the crowd that Clinton presided over the largest increases in prison sentences, and the largest cuts to welfare, of any president in the 20th century.  Wonder how the Bernie crowd would react.
You should quit saying things like that.  I might make me like Bill Clinton.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 11:02:53 PM »
You should quit saying things like that.  I might make me like Bill Clinton.   =D

If you like the current crop of republicans other than trump you should.  Bill Clinton was far more effective at implementing their policies than any of them could hope to be.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 11:03:43 PM »
Bullshit. I'm calling it like it is. I live over here, you don't.

You know learning and reflection are virtues in some parts of the world.  Calling it does not equal "how it is".

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2016, 11:55:48 PM »
If you like the current crop of republicans other than trump you should.  Bill Clinton was far more effective at implementing their policies than any of them could hope to be.
More like it shows what can be done when Republicans have effective leadership in Congress.