Author Topic: Guns 101 Videos on Fox News  (Read 798 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Guns 101 Videos on Fox News
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »
Fox News has been running a series of videos called "Guns 101" that apparently are geared towards reporters, but for general viewership as well. Everything from debunking "assault weapon" to giving the proper terminology on bullet, cartridges, mags, and clips.

While those of us into firearms could pick nits on the content, I have to give them credit for running them in the MSM. I'm sure the NRA could (does) produce better educational videos, but a good portion of people (especially reporters) that could use the education would never deign to click a link to the NRA. Certainly you would never see something like this on MSNBC. So kudos to Fox for at least trying to eliminate "the shoulder thing that goes up" reporting. If not perfect, it's a good step towards educating non-gunny general audiences.

Here's the one being run this week:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4842602087001/guns-101-shoot-to-kill-vs-shoot-to-wound/?intcmp=hpff#sp=show-clips
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Guns 101 Videos on Fox News
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:15:18 PM »
Shoot to STOP dagnabit!  :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »
Do they have one on the difference between ear plugs and rubber bullets?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »
Shoot to STOP dagnabit!  :old:

And that's why I mentioned picking nits. :P

That's the retort you give on a gun board, where people understand COM and what it takes to stop someone. However, if you tell someone who knows nothing about guns "shoot to stop", they will come back with, "Exactly. Shoot them in the leg to stop them, don't shoot them in the chest and kill them."

That's why I'm saying that while these videos are far from perfect, they are at least attempting to stop misconceptions among the masses. Anything that helps counteract the anti-gun NGOs and the anti-gun politicians and their ghost guns, etc. is a good thing. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »
The way I always tell them is like this: You shoot to STOP, if they die, that's too bad, that wasn't your intent, you just wanted them to stop and that was the fastest, most effective way to do it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!