Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 1050 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Facebook
« on: May 09, 2016, 11:03:48 AM »
Did I need another reason to reinforce my decision to eschew the Book of faces (along with all such "social media")?

No, not really. But here it is anyway: http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:09:18 AM »
Eh, if you rely on FB or any other social media platform to tell what news to pay attention to you deserve to be uneducated.  Besides, it's not like FB is the only platform to suppress conservative views.  The whole MSM does that, and has done that for, what, 60 years.
Formerly sumpnz

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:40:05 PM »
When you think about it, it is a foolish thing to do.  They make their money selling bulk information on users.  By doing this, they are changing the information they get and encouraging a whole section of users/potential users to go elsewhere.  All that just because of their own bias. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:13:49 PM »
Looking at that comments, it is also interesting to see a few liberals who think it is a good idea.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »
Sherri Miller
asterios
5/09/16 9:33am
Honestly? Conservative new/views should be suppressed. I am against censorship but do think that if you have a conservative viewpoint you shouldn’t be allowed a platform that could be used to influence others.

:rofl:
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 11:15:24 PM »
^ I propose we call that the "Sherri Miller Syndrome."  Seen it before enough times that it ought to be a regular psychiatric diagnosis.

(From the link.)
In other words, Facebook’s news section operates like a traditional newsroom, reflecting the biases of its workers and the institutional imperatives of the corporation.

Yep.  True in every media outlet, as noted above.  The Editors have the pull. 

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:33:24 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.