Author Topic: NRA endorses Trump  (Read 1590 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
NRA endorses Trump
« on: May 20, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: NRA endorses Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:44:25 PM »
I need to find the full video of his talk at the convention. They were playing a snippet of it on Fox Business, but of course he was just rambling about his wins and giving generalities even though he said he had specifics written down that he was going to go over. I'd like to hear what they are if he brought them up. The only concrete item I heeard was brought up by a Fox host - that he wants to eliminate gun free zones.

Kind of a crackup, one part that I caught was him talking about liking guns and that his sons like guns and know more about guns than most anyone. He said there might be a few people at the convention that know as much, but just a few (and he was being serious). I'm pretty sure there were at least 1000 people there that know more about guns. It's not like Jerry Miculek class shooters, gun designers, etc. don't attend.  ;/   Humble might have gotten him farther.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »
I need to find the full video of his talk at the convention.

This may or may not help:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3dptOrVYH4

Humble might have gotten him farther.

Simply talking less might have gotten him farther (further?).

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-expected-to-win-nra-endorsement-1463769758

Well, I figured they wouldn't endorse Hillary Clinton.

I didn't know they were obligated to endorse anybody.  This endorsement seems a little premature.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »
I didn't know they were obligated to endorse anybody.

They're not.  In 1992, they declined to endorse anyone after George H.W. Bush banned the importation of certain handguns.  Personally, I would have preferred to see them do that again or at least wait until after the conventions.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 05:06:09 PM »
NRA endorses Trump

I wonder how much that cost Trump.

Seriously, has Trump ever even been a member of the NRA?  Has he ever shot a gun?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 05:18:43 PM »
I wonder how much that cost Trump.

Seriously, has Trump ever even been a member of the NRA?  Has he ever shot a gun?

He claimed in his speech that he's a long time member. I'm pretty sure he has or had a NYC permit to carry.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:06:37 PM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/a-guide-to-the-radical-left-wing-ideology-and-flip-flops-of?utm_term=.jnYxx29KY#.ddaYYxMqg

Number 13 has video of the Donald speaking his feelings on guns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/a-guide-to-the-radical-left-wing-ideology-and-flip-flops-of?utm_term=.jnYxx29KY#.ddaYYxMqg

Number 13 has video of the Donald speaking his feelings on guns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funny..  that video on youtube is no longer available.

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 05:46:33 PM »
Funny..  that video on youtube is no longer available.

If you question the statement it's confirmed in his own book "the America we deserve" circa 2000.
But then again who knows maybe he didn't really say that in his book it could be a conspiracy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 07:22:51 AM »

If you question the statement it's confirmed in his own book "the America we deserve" circa 2000.
But then again who knows maybe he didn't really say that in his book it could be a conspiracy
Was that when he was considering running 3rd party?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
Re: Re: NRA endorses Trump
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 08:42:33 AM »
Was that when he was considering running 3rd party?
Yea
 That's when he floated Oprah as,a possible vp. And where he dumped the Reform Party for their ties to some groups and David Duke in particular.  The same David Duke he "don't know anything about" a couple months ago when he got same endorsement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 02:15:12 PM »
I wonder how much the Democrats paid David Duke to get him to endorse Trump...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 05:17:49 PM »
I wonder how much the Democrats paid David Duke to get him to endorse Trump...
He endorsed when he ran as Reform Party candidate as well and the KKK did both times too
They share common values

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 07:39:10 PM »
He endorsed when he ran as Reform Party candidate as well and the KKK did both times too
They share common values

Sympathy for Ukrainian independence?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 11:04:59 AM »
They share common values

It's not like those groups don't know their endorsements are "poison pills" for most candidates in a national election.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams