Author Topic: A Hero's Last Mission  (Read 760 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
A Hero's Last Mission
« on: May 27, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/27/memphis-belle-gunner-revisits-england-dies-during-final-mission.html?intcmp=hplnws

After Rector toured the Battle of Britain bunker, a command center where airplane operations were coordinated during D-Day, he told Jowers he felt dizzy.
There, right outside the bunker, Rector quietly died on the soil where he risked his life to defend decades ago.
"He walked out of that bunker like his tour was done," Jowers told Florida Today. "He completed his final mission."

Before his remains were sent back over the Atlantic, Jowers was honored in a special service filled with servicemen and women from the U.S. and British Armed Forces, Stars and Stripes reported. The American Embassy in London donated a flag to drape over Rector’s coffin.

Glad he got to see England one last time.  Makes me wish I could afford to rent a RV for a week or so to take my grandfather to DC to see the WWII Memorial before he passes away.  He isn't able to go on any of the Honor Flights due to his doctor not liking the risk of blood clots forming in his legs during the flights.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: A Hero's Last Mission
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
Damn monitor... done got all fuzzy on me.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:28:07 PM »
Might be worth trying a GoFundMe, advertise it on Facebook, then friends and family might chip in to pay for an RV rental.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:21:43 PM »
Damn monitor... done got all fuzzy on me.

Mine too.

They don't make 'em like they used to.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design