Author Topic: Vice: Homosexuals are more special than the rest of us  (Read 4386 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Vice: Homosexuals are more special than the rest of us
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 03:30:54 PM »
"Yeah, he was a traffic ticket away from 'prison gay'" (A comic I saw once...)
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Re: Vice: Homosexuals are more special than the rest of us
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2016, 04:58:06 PM »
The murderer at the club was also a homosexual.

I'm pretty sure his goals that night did not include having a gay old time.  ;/

His sexuality matters about as much as his religious identity, since clearly his psycho crazy issues took top priority.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »

His sexuality matters about as much as his religious identity, since clearly his psycho crazy issues took top priority.
X10000000000
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 06:59:45 PM »

Yep, and the ISIS/Jihad narrative is what he used. It's what he wanted all of us to believe. And at the end of it, that's all that really matters. The question the MSM won't touch with a 10 foot pole is: "If Al Qaeda/ISIS/Militant islamic terror didn't exist, would he have shot up the nightclub?" 

As RevDisk notes, the "situational homosexuality" runs rampant in the Middle East, but actually being "gay" is a death sentence. Wherever that dangerous schizophrenic knife-edge but hazy line actually lies.

My gut feeling is that the Orlando shooter "believed" in islam "enough" that he was in fear of his immortal soul and status in eternity to see making a play for the "Jihad card" as his way out. Or just enough for his reputation in a more cultural/secular sense that this was the way he wanted to be known and how he wanted to go out, and with whom he took with him.  =(
I promise not to duck.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 08:28:08 PM »
Didn't it come out that the dirtbag had already done a couple of significant and expensive Islamic pilgrimages that are unusual for someone his age?  Whatever spiritual contradictions in his life, I don't know that I would minimize Islam's - or at least his version of it - role in his life and crimes.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »
Allegedly.  He also had been married twice and had a kid.

Bisexual?  Or just that deep in the closet?

or "gotta be married" is a cultural expectation.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2016, 11:20:51 PM »
Bar = Safe Place
Definition:  "Stagger Lee shot Billy, Oh, he shot that po boy so bad."(While drinking at the Bill Lewis Saloon and Safe Place in St. Louis, Mo.}
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 12:26:23 AM »
Yep, and the ISIS/Jihad narrative is what he used. It's what he wanted all of us to believe. And at the end of it, that's all that really matters. The question the MSM won't touch with a 10 foot pole is: "If Al Qaeda/ISIS/Militant islamic terror didn't exist, would he have shot up the nightclub?" 

As RevDisk notes, the "situational homosexuality" runs rampant in the Middle East, but actually being "gay" is a death sentence. Wherever that dangerous schizophrenic knife-edge but hazy line actually lies.

My gut feeling is that the Orlando shooter "believed" in islam "enough" that he was in fear of his immortal soul and status in eternity to see making a play for the "Jihad card" as his way out. Or just enough for his reputation in a more cultural/secular sense that this was the way he wanted to be known and how he wanted to go out, and with whom he took with him.  =(
Or, he was gay, fought that he was gay because of his upbringing and tried to go out in a style that he wouldn't look gay to his family.

Or perhaps his lover broke up with him and was going to out him to the family and frequented that club?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2016, 05:45:39 AM »
Bsl,

I Iived in miami for a time.  I have probably been in more gay bars in one night than they have in your entire state.  My acquaintences at the time were not the sort that i would nowadays suggest as quality folk and among them were some who thought it great fun to take their straight friends to favorite or-even better- notorious night spots.

Yes, there is or was [20 plus years ago] both a common/stereotypical atmosphere, but that is not the sum total any more than the midwestern corner tavern is for straight bars.

Also, as has been mentioned, homosexuals-wherever they might be-have a rather high rate of violence among their own kind. 

Discounting islam as a motive is laughable and disregards evidence that the killer was so motivated.  That he might have more than one motivation does not disqualify islam.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2016, 11:08:54 AM »

I tend to agree with roo_ster and cordex.  IMO, looking at his religion in this way would be fine if this were the ONLY Muslim who ever did this kind of attack.  However, we all know that isn't true.  I have agree with the commentary from the other thread.  There is something broken with that religion or at least with a large percentage of its adherents.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2016, 03:04:37 PM »
I tend to agree with roo_ster and cordex.  IMO, looking at his religion in this way would be fine if this were the ONLY Muslim who ever did this kind of attack.  However, we all know that isn't true.  I have agree with the commentary from the other thread.  There is something broken with that religion or at least with a large percentage of its adherents.   

*shrug* Almost ideology can be twisted and used in such ways and they attract the kind of folks who a.) want to be told what to do and b.) are dissatisfied and discontent in life to a degree that is mentally unstable.
Islam may be easier in that respect that some of the others, but I don't see it as being unique.

In other words, I think the religious aspect in this specific case (and in most cases where some sort of faith is involved) is more of a correlation rather than a cause. Someone who is unable to reconcile their personal identity and their ideals is more likely to latch onto the crazy side of the messages. For this guy, it was ISIS style *expletive deleted*it. For someone raised in other faiths, it would be a different brand of fundamentalism or fringe brand crazy or even reject the more traditional stuff and go into some weirdo cult.
But the results are always the same and the people who seek out those paths generally come to some bad end unless they smarten up and GTFO.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »
Didn't it come out that the dirtbag had already done a couple of significant and expensive Islamic pilgrimages that are unusual for someone his age?  Whatever spiritual contradictions in his life, I don't know that I would minimize Islam's - or at least his version of it - role in his life and crimes.

This.  He had been to Saudi Arabia on the Hajj (IIRC) 2 times since 2011.  Regardless of the speculation on his sexual orientation.  I think the FB posts phone calls he made before and during the attack should be taken at face-value.  I think he was upset that he couldn't be in Syria chucking them off buildings and setting them on fire in cages.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »
*shrug* Almost ideology can be twisted and used in such ways and they attract the kind of folks who a.) want to be told what to do and b.) are dissatisfied and discontent in life to a degree that is mentally unstable.
Islam may be easier in that respect that some of the others, but I don't see it as being unique.

In other words, I think the religious aspect in this specific case (and in most cases where some sort of faith is involved) is more of a correlation rather than a cause. Someone who is unable to reconcile their personal identity and their ideals is more likely to latch onto the crazy side of the messages. For this guy, it was ISIS style *expletive deleted*it. For someone raised in other faiths, it would be a different brand of fundamentalism or fringe brand crazy or even reject the more traditional stuff and go into some weirdo cult.
But the results are always the same and the people who seek out those paths generally come to some bad end unless they smarten up and GTFO.
Many like to say that.  However, looking at the crazies doing the murdering these days, the facts do not point to ALL religions. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2016, 05:01:41 PM »
Being pedantic again ...

49 were murdered.  One got what he richly deserved.
Sorry. I thought the victim count was actually 50. I'd never include the murderous scumbag in that total.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »
I think it is a mistake to label this guy and most the others as crazy.  Their actions make sense according to their lights.  Calling them crazy lets us and policy makers off the hook wrt understanding their motivations.   For my own part i think this a deliberate tactic by the left and its allies, as an objective examination would be inconvenient for their world view and designs.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »
I think it is a mistake to label this guy and most the others as crazy.  Their actions make sense according to their lights.  Calling them crazy lets us and policy makers off the hook wrt understanding their motivations.   For my own part i think this a deliberate tactic by the left and its allies, as an objective examination would be inconvenient for their world view and designs.

To a degree, I agree with you. Crazy is definitely a misnomer in these examples, especially if it's used to remove the onus of the deeds from the person who did them.

OTOH, I have a hard time not thinking someone who is perfectly capable, mentally, who goes out killing innocent people as crazy.

However, I still don't see the difference between the mental stability of this guy and, say, the Heaven's Gate idiot's who off'd themselves.

I want to make clear, I am not attacking religion or being one of those libtards who is defending Islam, because I'm not. Right now, Islamic extremism is an ideology that is catching a lot of these kinds of people and using them.
I guess what I'm more interested in is cutting off the real bad Islamic Extremists from their source of cannon  fodder, if you will.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2016, 09:56:12 PM »
The problem with "crazy" is it discounts "evil."

There are evil people and evil ideologies.  We want to pretend otherwise,  so we call these murderers "crazy".

Sometimes they are,  but Stalin wasn't crazy and neither was Mao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2016, 10:17:43 PM »
The problem with "crazy" is it discounts "evil."

There are evil people and evil ideologies.  We want to pretend otherwise,  so we call these murderers "crazy".

Sometimes they are,  but Stalin wasn't crazy and neither was Mao.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You don't think choosing to be evil isn't crazy? I do.

Again, I don't think that it is a reason to excuse them, but I don't think those people are an example of sanity either.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re:
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2016, 11:17:10 PM »
You don't think choosing to be evil isn't crazy? I do.

Again, I don't think that it is a reason to excuse them, but I don't think those people are an example of sanity either.

Few evil people think they are choosing evil.

They've convinced themselves they are choosing good, they think they are standing up for truth or their rights.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2016, 11:22:25 PM »

They've convinced themselves they are choosing good, they think they are standing up for truth or their rights.

I don't disagree. I still think they are crazy.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re:
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2016, 04:41:25 PM »

And most people like that consider themselves answerable to no power above them. People who don't hold themselves accountable to a higher power/standard than themselves make me nervous....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Re:
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2016, 08:16:07 PM »
And most people like that consider themselves answerable to no power above them. People who don't hold themselves accountable to a higher power/standard than themselves make me nervous....

Except for those who believe they answer to the State, the Party, the Directory, the Revolution, the People, God, etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife