Author Topic: Suicide attack at Ataturk Airport in Istanbul, Turkey, atleast 28 dead  (Read 3390 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Atleast 28 people dead after gunmen open fire in airport and then detonate explosive vests.
http://news.sky.com/story/1718871/28-dead-as-bombers-attack-istanbul-airport
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Workplace violence. 

It's the NRA's fault.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

grampster

• friend
Must have been a Republican convention at the airport.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Up to  50 dead now. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It's always workplace violence. Unless gays. Or a YouTube video.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Up to  50 dead now. 

Oooooops..... 36 dead.  Either the body count became confused due to on scene chaos or there was bad reporting.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Hawkmoon

• friend
Count now 41 dead and 239 injured.

I expect the numbers to change over the next week.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
I was at work when it happened and saw a message come across grounding all US flagged A/C to Ataturk.  That explains why.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
if only we showed more acceptance and love for these mistreated islamic moderates.    It has to be our fault, right?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
What's sad is that the Turks seem to have no problem calling this Islamic terrorism while the US looks for excuses linked to anything but. Also interesting is that I heard the airport was back in business within hours. An airport here would have been shut down for at least a day. Possibly many airports. I can only imagine what new hoops that the TSA would have everyone who doesn't fit the profile of a terrorist jump through.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Appears the suicide bombers opened fire, a Turkish security agent of some variety tackled one who then set off his suicide vest.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• friend
Appears the suicide bombers opened fire, a Turkish security agent of some variety tackled one who then set off his suicide vest.

But I thought all you had to do to a crazed gunman was simply tackle them.

Andiron

• friend
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

RoadKingLarry

• friends

But I thought all you had to do to a crazed gunman was simply tackle them.

No, no, no!
You have to show them love and acceptance.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Can't remember where I saw it this morning, But I read something that one of the guns found in the rubble might be a fast furious gun.
Would that not be a hoot.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Jamisjockey

• friend
Can't remember where I saw it this morning, But I read something that one of the guns found in the rubble might be a fast furious gun.
Would that not be a hoot.

That's being claimed about Paris from what I read on the intertubez.  I find it doubtful, with the plethora of actual automatic rifles coming out of the middle east.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
There's far more legit business/shipping going back and forth between Europe and America, and despite the traffic and proximity, it might be easier to slap a US commercial semi-AK into something that just gets "paperwork checked" and not actually inspected.

It's a long shot, but I don't think it's impossible just because "The ME/Africa is just across the Mediterranean there, and the land of $50 AK's etc."
I promise not to duck.

Jamisjockey

• friend
There's far more legit business/shipping going back and forth between Europe and America, and despite the traffic and proximity, it might be easier to slap a US commercial semi-AK into something that just gets "paperwork checked" and not actually inspected.

It's a long shot, but I don't think it's impossible just because "The ME/Africa is just across the Mediterranean there, and the land of $50 AK's etc."

Plausible point.
JD

Perd Hapley

• friend
According to the ATF, there was indeed a gun that made its way from Arizona to the Paris jihadi cell.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/06/law-enforcement-sources-gun-used-paris-terrorist-attacks-came-phoenix/

A Report of Investigation (ROI) filed by a case agent in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF) tracked the gun used in the Paris attacks to a Phoenix gun owner who sold it illegally, “off book,” Judicial Watch’s law enforcement sources confirm. Federal agents tracing the firearm also found the Phoenix gun owner to be in possession of an unregistered fully automatic weapon, according to law enforcement officials with firsthand knowledge of the investigation.

The investigative follow up of the Paris weapon consisted of tracking a paper trail using a 4473 form, which documents a gun’s ownership history by, among other things, using serial numbers. The Phoenix gun owner that the weapon was traced back to was found to have at least two federal firearms violations—for selling one weapon illegally and possessing an unregistered automatic—but no enforcement or prosecutorial action was taken against the individual. Instead, ATF leaders went out of their way to keep the information under the radar and ensure that the gun owner’s identity was “kept quiet,” according to law enforcement sources involved with the case. “Agents were told, in the process of taking the fully auto, not to anger the seller to prevent him from going public,” a veteran law enforcement official told Judicial Watch.

It’s not clear if the agency, which is responsible for cracking down on the illegal use and trafficking of firearms, did this because the individual was involved in the Fast and Furious gun-running scheme.

If we're trusting the ATF.

Hawkmoon

• friend
If we're trusting the ATF.

That's a big "If."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design