Author Topic: A Duck Walks into a Bar....  (Read 1204 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: A Duck Walks into a Bar....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »
"Never bring a duck to a dog fight."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
A duck with a bow tie...now where have I heard that before...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 01:08:37 AM »
...in Chulmleigh, Devon.

So that's where they come from.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 11:08:26 AM »
So does he have a diaper hanging on that duck?  I don't see one in the pictures.  That could get messy.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
So does he have a diaper hanging on that duck?  I don't see one in the pictures.  That could get messy.

As I understand it, it's a matter of that, outside of getting scared or excited, they more or less poop on a schedule depending on when they last ate.  Make sure it goes just before you take it inside, and you're good for a period of time.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »
I find your knowledge of duck defecation disturbing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 10:56:10 AM »
Yeah, cause everyone keeps track of time well when they are drinking. 

And duck drinking beer always crap on schedule. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 06:30:44 PM »
Speaking of drunks.  A drunk old man walked into a bar where 3 very large ornery looking bikers were sitting at a table.  The old drunk spotted them and staggered over.  He placed his hands on the table and looked at the largest most formidable of the bikers and said;  "I was over at your grandmother's house and I saw her naked.  She looked good too."  The other two bikers were amazed that their awesome compatriot just sat there and did nothing.  Then the drunk old guy leaned even closer and said;  "I fondled yer grammaw and she liked it too."  The other two bikers moved away as they were sure their big mean friend would tear the old drunk a new one.  But he just sat there and did nothing.  Then the old drunk leaned in even closer and said;  "And I had her too and she really, really like that."  Now the two other bikers just knew there was going to be mayhem.  But the mean, big biker just sighed and stood up and gently grasped the old drunks arm and said;  "C'mon let me take you home grampa, your drunk."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »
But the mean, big biker just sighed and stood up and gently grasped the old drunks arm and said;  "C'mon let me take you home grampa, your drunk."

I hope you thanked your son when he brought you home ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »
Hah. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »
That particular breed of duck can be more or less tamed. I don't know that I would trust it to poop on a schedule, but if you did pick up their effluent immediately and not let it pile up and it couldn't soak in somewhere probably it would not be so bad. On the other hand compared to chickens they are smelly nasty ass animals.

They actually can fairly easily be taught and/or will often naturally learn to follow a person around or follow some commands. I have a small flock of the same breed. I can walk outside and say "Bed Time Duckies" and they will go into their house that I lock them up in at night. Much easier than the Chickens where I have to stand there and wait if I'm too early before dark/roosting time for them to go to bed on their own or I have to try and chase them in. Let's just say instead of herding cats, maybe herding chickens should be the common expression.