Author Topic: Say it Loud, Say it Proud  (Read 4539 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Say it Loud, Say it Proud
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:19:28 AM »
A pro-abortion group is pushing for women to wear t-shirts, etc. that advertise their abortion. I don't know that even pro-abortion people can be comfortable with something like that.  I find it crass and disgusting.

Plus, I thought the narrative was that abortions are a private choice between a woman and her doctor and nobody's business. So why are you wearing the t-shirt?

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/08/05/vile-new-group-wants-women-to-brag-about-their-abortions-because-killing-a-baby-is-totes-normal/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Say it Loud, Say it Proud
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 10:29:06 AM »
Because they are tired of the "stigma" from murdering their babies. Women ought to be proud to sacrifice their children on the altar of their own enjoyment!
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:37:04 AM »
They could stencil their kills on their stomach like a fighter pilot.  If they get 5 they can be an ace.

(No cockpit jokes.)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
It is much more important that women be in the workforce to drive down wages and increase tax revenues vis a vis un-taxable child-rearing and home upkeep (to the benefit of the doaner & ruling classes).

Especially if it drives down the birth rates of middle and working class Americans who are scheduled to be replaced, anyways.

Quote from: bertolt_brecht
The Solution

After the uprising of the 17th of June
The Secretary of the Writers' Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
Stating that the people
Had forfeited the confidence of the government
And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:11 PM »
It is much more important that women be in the workforce to drive down wages and increase tax revenues vis a vis un-taxable child-rearing and home upkeep (to the benefit of the doaner & ruling classes).

Especially if it drives down the birth rates of middle and working class Americans who are scheduled to be replaced, anyways.

Meanwhile, we'll have to tax single-earner families, to fund childcare for those with two incomes.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 01:57:08 PM »
A pro-abortion group is pushing for women to wear t-shirts, etc. that advertise their abortion. I don't know that even pro-abortion people can be comfortable with something like that.  I find it crass and disgusting.

That's the times we live in.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
Plus, I thought the narrative was that abortions are a private choice between a woman and her doctor and nobody's business. So why are you wearing the t-shirt?

So I can thank her for removing yet another putative Democrat voter from the population?
I promise not to duck.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 02:58:35 PM »
So I can thank her for removing yet another putative Democrat voter from the population?

Ding ding ding
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 03:19:36 PM »
They could stencil their kills on their stomach like a fighter pilot.  If they get 5 they can be an ace.

Tramp stamps, so the sperm donor can keep track.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 11:03:38 PM »

(No cockpit jokes.)

But do they have to be from a different sperm donor to get a new stencil?  Or do they just add a bar or something when it's a repeat donor. 
Formerly sumpnz

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2016, 09:03:33 AM »
But do they have to be from a different sperm donor to get a new stencil?  Or do they just add a bar or something when it's a repeat donor. 
Fighter pilots get to count multiple kills from the same enemy country, right?

Maybe different stencils for each donor, one stencil per kill.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »
I wish they all would wear the t-shirt.  It would make choosing friends easier.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 12:42:42 PM »
I wish they all would wear the t-shirt.  It would make choosing friends easier.

Remind me to get one. I've never had an abortion, but apparently it's a nice way to weed out asshats from being potential friends.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »
Remind me to get one. I've never had an abortion, but apparently it's a nice way to weed out asshats from being potential friends.
See, it works out for everyone!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
Tramp stamps, so the sperm donor can keep track.

Used to know a guy that claimed his girlfriend had a tramp stamp that said "No Regrets".   [barf]
Formerly sumpnz

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:15 PM »
What disgusts me about this thread is that it shows exactly why these idiot woman feel the need to advertise what is (and should be) a highly personal and private decision.

The lot of you have made a snap judgement about woman you don't know and are perfectly happy to condemn them and call them all sluts from atop your high horses.
Maybe if you would stop shoving it in their faces that they are such horrid people, they'd stop being so defensive and shoving what you hate in your faces.

and the tramp stamp joke? I hope you all become sterile and impotent.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
What disgusts me about this thread is that it shows exactly why these idiot woman feel the need to advertise what is (and should be) a highly personal and private decision.

The lot of you have made a snap judgement about woman you don't know and are perfectly happy to condemn them and call them all sluts from atop your high horses.
Maybe if you would stop shoving it in their faces that they are such horrid people, they'd stop being so defensive and shoving what you hate in your faces.

and the tramp stamp joke? I hope you all become sterile and impotent.

Snap judgement?  Not so much.  More like determination based on years of observation of human behavior and the human condition.

In this case, we have women who are advertising:
1. Poor judgement
2. Sexual incontinence
3. Low impulse control in general
4. Willingness to kill another human for convenience's sake

Sure there are some guys who might find that attractive.  Many guys (self included) find it rather repulsive on a visceral level. 

How many drunks walk around with "I killed someone while driving intoxicated" t-shirts?  And then expect sympathetic press.  Heck, they may want to reduce the stigma of DUI and vehicular manslaughter while blotto. [moral_relativist]Who are we to judge?[/moral_relativist]  Yeah, judging such a fellow would be badbadbad!  We must hire him to drive school buses and cement trucks and suggest him as dating material for our sisters.

OTOH, it is in tune with the times, where what was good is now evil and vice versa.  Not only is evil accepted and law of the land, but now some want to boast of it.  SMOD, indeed.

I might start taking feminists seriously if they would stop blaming others for their severe dysfunction and take responsibility for their actions like grown-ups.

And since when is it untoward to judge someone on the basis of their character?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 03:17:13 PM »
Snap judgement?  Not so much.  More like determination based on years of observation of human behavior and the human condition.

In this case, we have women who are advertising:
1. Poor judgement
2. Sexual incontinence
3. Low impulse control in general
4. Willingness to kill another human for convenience's sake

Sure there are some guys who might find that attractive.  Many guys (self included) find it rather repulsive on a visceral level.  

How many drunks walk around with "I killed someone while driving intoxicated" t-shirts?  And then expect sympathetic press.  Heck, they may want to reduce the stigma of DUI and vehicular manslaughter while blotto. [moral_relativist]Who are we to judge?[/moral_relativist]  Yeah, judging such a fellow would be badbadbad!  We must hire him to drive school buses and cement trucks and suggest him as dating material for our sisters.

OTOH, it is in tune with the times, where what was good is now evil and vice versa.  Not only is evil accepted and law of the land, but now some want to boast of it.  SMOD, indeed.

I might start taking feminists seriously if they would stop blaming others for their severe dysfunction and take responsibility for their actions like grown-ups.

And since when is it untoward to judge someone on the basis of their character?

Prime example of snap judgments that prove you have no clue about human behavior or the human condition.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 03:19:59 PM »
Don;t judge this dood!
http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/218274/driver-wearing-drunk-as-*expletive deleted*it-t-shirt-arrested-for-drunk-driving/

I hear he tried to organize a "Drunk Walk" to de-stigmatize public intoxication, but no one got to the finish line.  Too many bars between start & finish.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
Yes, because having an abortion is the same as being a drunk.  ;/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but WTF is "Sexual incontinence"?  Is there a lot of peeing in your bedroom?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but WTF is "Sexual incontinence"?  Is there a lot of peeing in your bedroom?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 04:02:21 PM »
Yes, because having an abortion is the same as being a drunk.  ;/

Not the same, as having an abortion is much, much worse.  "Drunk as *expletive deleted*it" boy may be contemptible, but he is not in the same league, disgust-wise, " as any randomly selected gal wearing an "I had an abortion" t-shirt.

To get  in the same league as the abortion-boosters, I would have to raid Kemal Ataturk's closet and trot out his tattered "I slaughtered 1,000,000 Armenians and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirt.

Not so much, but your problem of urinary incontinence is not the only use of the word, "incontinence."

incontinence
Pronunciation: /inˈkänt(ə)nəns/  Pronunciation: /iNGˈkänt(ə)nəns/
NOUN

1Lack of voluntary control over urination or defecation:
causes of urinary incontinence

2Lack of self-restraint:
the emotional incontinence of modern society

But the general concept dates back before the English language, to Aristotle's nicomachean ethics.

Incontinence ("a want of continence or self-restraint") is often used by philosophers to translate the Greek term Akrasia (ἀκρασία). Used to refer to a lacking in moderation or self-control, especially related to sexual desire,[1] incontinence may also be called wantonness...

Aristotle devoted book VII of the Nicomachean Ethics to the discussion of continence and incontinence, having previously linked the latter both to prodigality in its effects, and to those dominated by irrational feeling in its failure to obey knowledge of the good:[2] a case of knowing virtue, but not having habituated it to control passion.

Aristotle considered one could be incontinent with respect to money or temper or glory, but that its core relation was to bodily enjoyment.[3] Its causes could be weakness of will, or an impetuous refusal to think.[4] At the same time, he did not consider it a vice, because it is not so much a product of moral choice, but instead, a failure to act on one's better knowledge...

From "I had an abortion" t-shirts to nicomachean ethics in 22 posts.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 08:58:12 PM »
Prime example of snap judgments that prove you have no clue about human behavior or the human condition.

Prime example of the same kind of crap we hear from criminals' families all the time.  "Oh sure, so maybe he raped and murdered a few people, but that don't make him a bad person."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 09:22:28 PM »
When someone is remorseful about evil actions in their past I don't have any desire to rub it in.  On the other hand, bragging about killing one's own offspring sort of invites snap judgements.  For that matter, bragging about any evil behavior - even things less horrific than killing a baby - is sort of a nail in the snap judgement coffin.