Author Topic: State of Georgia Vs. Denver Fenton Allen  (Read 989 times)

freakazoid

• friend
State of Georgia Vs. Denver Fenton Allen
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:02:15 AM »
 :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

Little background. So this guy was accused of beating his cell mate to death, back in August 2015. He's in front of the Judge on June 11th 2016 and says that he want's a new lawyer because his current one isn't giving him the actual help he needs, and then says that the lawyer had tried to ask for sexual favors in exchange for better help. It only escalated from there into crazy territory.
I'm curious about if the defendant had any legal standing for what he was asking in the beginning. It seems to me that the judge was rather dismissive of it when he shouldn't of been. So at that point the defendant was like *expletive deleted*ck it, he doesn't want to help me what have I got to lose.
The transcript of that event started circulating and eventually the guys who make the show Rick and Morty animated the whole thing.

"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: State of Georgia Vs. Denver Fenton Allen
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 06:42:29 AM »
I love Rick & Morty, I think it's the funniest show I've seen in a long time. This video had me in tears, gasping for breath. I think I almost died.

If you haven't seen the fan video explaining what really happened in Season Two, check it out on Youtube (spoilers, duh). What the writers did was brilliant.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:26:04 AM »
First, I may have hurt myself watching that, trying not to laugh to loud.  That's awesome.

Second, seriously, the judge should let the public defender off the case, and order new counsel.  It's not going to solve the big problem, but it's avoiding one of the smaller ones.  And, the P.D. will be in your debt for letting him away from the insanity.

Third, the judge should now recuse himself from the case, for pretty obvious reasons after that hearing.  It'll help avoid the ethics charges that the defendant will no doubt file after his conviction.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »
Judge did recuse himself.

He was also publicly censured by the judicial review board.

I'd have simply ordered him restrained and gagged.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:09 PM »
Watched that 9:30 video. Judge should have had the defendant removed at the 3:00 mark. Everything after that just embarrassed the judge.

....And they need bigger bailiffs.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.