Author Topic: Austin City Clowncil at it again  (Read 2315 times)

HankB

• friend
Austin City Clowncil at it again
« on: August 21, 2016, 08:42:34 AM »
The Austin, TX city council has ONE member who's not a raving lunatic . . . and the mayor and other members don't like him very much, because he's politically incorrect. They were OUTRAGED when he said the following to a group of mostly Hispanic individuals lobbying the council for more program spending.

Here's his hatespeech:

Quote from:  Don Zimmerman
"I’d ask for everyone here, including the children, when you grow up, I want to ask you to pledge to finish school, learn a trade, a skilled trade, get a college education, start a business, do something useful and produce something in your society so you don’t have to live off others. Thank you.”

Council member Delia Garza responded in part that

Quote from: Delia Garza
" . . . I want our community to know that we do not condone what he said. And we have your back.”

And here's a tweet from one of the other council members:

Quote from: Gregorio Casar
". . . it was worse than that. he implied that those that rely on, & ask for, public programs are nonproductive citizens."

Well . . . duh.  :facepalm:

Makes me glad I don't live within Austin's city limits . . . maybe there's something in the water. Below is a link to the story as reported by a local TV station.

http://kxan.com/2016/08/19/council-members-community-angered-over-zimmerman-comments/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Austin City Clowncil at it again
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:47:27 AM »
Oh, dear. I've been considering moving back to Texas. I'm sure there must be parts of the state that are still safe for Americans, but ... where?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »
Austin Texas has the apparently well-deserved reputation for being the state of Texas' libtard cesspool. >:D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:49:59 PM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 05:15:30 PM »
Austin Texas has the apparently well-deserved reputation for being he state of Texas' libtard cesspool. >:D

Yep

Austin is great to hang out in once in a while. And some of the burbs are great, but the city itself is full of hippies, hipsters, libtards , and dipshits.

There was just recently a lady interviewed bitching about the skyrocketing taxes...

"I don't understand why they would do this. I'm very involved! I vote for everything, every library, every program..."
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »
". . . it was worse than that. he implied that those that rely on, & ask for, public programs are nonproductive citizens."

You mean he actually SAID that people who do not produce are nonproductive?  The nerve!

Somebody once quipped that euphemisms can't last because eventually the meaning catches up to the words.  I think when you read that tweet, and laugh as I did, that point has been reached.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
Oh, dear. I've been considering moving back to Texas. I'm sure there must be parts of the state that are still safe for Americans, but ... where?
What Fitz said.  Most of the major cities are liberal at least in the city.  Sheila Jackson Lee gets elected in an inner city district in Houston.  If you can move to one of the mid-size cities or more rural areas, I think the atmosphere is pretty nice.  You might avoid Waco as it has other issues right now.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »
What Fitz said.  Most of the major cities are liberal at least in the city.  Sheila Jackson Lee gets elected in an inner city district in Houston.  If you can move to one of the mid-size cities or more rural areas, I think the atmosphere is pretty nice.  You might avoid Waco as it has other issues right now.

That's still the good thing about states like Texas - liberal cities are in a conservative state, so state laws and regs minimize how much damage can be done, plus you have the option of moving to a more conservative part of the state (or just outside the city limits).

I live in a very conservative county (strongly red, shall issue sheriff, etc.), but it is of little value with CA state politics and overbearing state laws that negate the conservative nature of the county.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Austin City Clowncil at it again
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 10:09:26 PM »
You might avoid Waco as it has other issues right now.

Waco...yes. But the smaller towns around it are doing well. And I hear good things about Waxahatchie.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 10:41:29 PM »
What's wrong with Waco?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11:12 AM »
"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 12:53:55 PM »
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
Austin Texas has the apparently well-deserved reputation for being the state of Texas' libtard cesspool.

If we ever secede, we're going to have some real fun cleaning Austin and Houston up.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 01:26:38 PM »
If we ever secede, we're going to have some real fun cleaning Austin and Houston up.

Houston used to be a bastion of conservatism, even more than Dallas.  Oil tycoons and multinational corporations and working people.  What happened?  Anus Parker do that much damage?
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
What's wrong with Waco?

The climate.

Plus, there's a bunch of Texans down there.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 02:23:20 PM »
Houston used to be a bastion of conservatism, even more than Dallas.  Oil tycoons and multinational corporations and working people.  What happened?  Anus Parker do that much damage?

Katrina, among other excuses for a flood of looters.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 03:00:40 PM »
What's wrong with Waco?
In addition to "Baylor", I was going to mention the local LEO's arresting all those bikers in Waco after the Twin Peaks shooting.  I think many are still in jail and they are still trying to charge nearly all of them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 03:04:20 PM »
Katrina, among other excuses for a flood of looters.
Katrina did make an impact.  Mainly since it seemed that most of the non-productive types were brought here and stayed. 

All the conservative elements in and around Houston are still there, but many have moved out to the suburbs.  The actual city tends to be liberal.  In addition, when it comes to city elections, a lot of the working folks don't show up and vote.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 03:27:27 PM »

Austin and Travis county are a liberal strong hold. 

Pretty much.  The suburbs are fine though not like Travis county where Austin sits, that whole place has the liberal stupdiz.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re: Austin City Clowncil at it again
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 11:18:07 PM »
What's wrong with Waco?
Waco has tried to be Austin North for decades. Even their police department is adopting APD's policy of "shoot first, and arrest anyone who asks questions". Not to mention the plethora of "No CC or OC" signs popping up as the crime rate increases, Waco is sliding downhill slowly.  Depending on which major city you want to be close to, I'd recommend College Station (Houston), Waxahatchie (D/FW), or Temple (Austin).
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:52:47 AM »
Lubbock. At 250k population it's big enough for most bigger-city conveniences but (mostly) retains it's small town feel and sensibilities.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 01:50:09 PM »
You mean he actually SAID that people who do not produce are nonproductive?  The nerve!

My logical debate brain perked up at this.

You can be on public programs and still be productive, be a producer.  Moreover, if said public programs do what they're supposed to(I'm not saying Austin's are), they're temporary measures.

In addition to "Baylor", I was going to mention the local LEO's arresting all those bikers in Waco after the Twin Peaks shooting.  I think many are still in jail and they are still trying to charge nearly all of them. 

And they're getting sued for false arrest by a whole lot of them, practically a class action(the lawyers are certainly sharing notes), because it turns out that arresting somebody for wearing biker gear when there's a shooting nearby isn't actually probable cause, especially not when you hold them for months...

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 01:57:00 PM »
Lubbock. At 250k population it's big enough for most bigger-city conveniences but (mostly) retains it's small town feel and sensibilities.

Ah yes; all the inconveniences and backward thinking of a typical one-horse town, but a lot more people to share them.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »
Ah yes; all the inconveniences and backward thinking of a typical one-horse town, but a lot more people to share them.

On the bright side, the horse gets tired early in the day.

What are you looking for?

West Texas (not the city of West, Texas) is pretty much a live-and-let-live minimal-intrusion sort of place.  Problem is, it is West Texas desert.

East Texas is much like the Deep South.

Any large urban area has "urban" problems.  Those urban areas trying to keep things decent for decent people are excoriated by All The Right People for being retrograde.  The suburbs are usually OK, but the lefties are exporting their NAM problems via Sec 8 and vouchers. 

And although most illegals traverse Texas on their way elsewhere, plenty stay and set up camp.  If they every amnesty them, it might be time to look for property near the Canadian border.

Like much of America, Texas has been severely damaged by the post-1965 immivasion of all sorts as well as the rise in leftism and big gov't. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton