Author Topic: Nope. Not terrorisim. Nothing to see here.  (Read 8082 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Nope. Not terrorisim. Nothing to see here.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2016, 08:11:56 AM »
Suspect named as Ahmad Rahami.

Nope, no terrorism here folks. Not at all. Move it along move it along
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2016, 08:15:00 AM »
He (or they) have been busy. Five more devices found today (and the bomb squad detonated one of them).

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUSPICIOUS_PACKAGE_NEW_JERSEY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-09-19-07-18-37

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they seem to be able to zero in on "persons of interest" after a bombing, but they never seem to know anything (or have grounds to do anything) before the explosion. Article about the suspect doesn't say much other than that he's a suspect:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/person-sought-connection-nyc-bombing-identified-article-1.2797960
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2016, 08:22:15 AM »
We have to ban trash cans....For the chilluns...

(P.S.  The idea that someone "threw their device away to avoid getting caught with it" is probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard...)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
Suspect named as Ahmad Rahami.

Nope, no terrorism here folks. Not at all. Move it along move it along

Not muslim.  Ahm-ish. 

Which would mean we are getting a better class of enemy, since we would be jumping from and enemy with a 7th-century to one with a 19th-century mindset.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2016, 09:48:51 AM »
If it was Tannerite, what made it go boom? I thought Tannerite had to be detonated by significant impact.

Anything that can set up a supersonic detonation wave will do it. A bunch of flash powder tightly confined into an ersatz blasting cap might be enough. And there's additives and mixes for Tannerite that are more sensitive. Like the ones made for .22LR targets.
I promise not to duck.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 10:20:57 AM »
Oh brother. Clinton is on the TV right now, and a reporter asked her (yes, this was the actual question), "Could this be terrorists or the Russians doing this to get Trump elected?". Hillary is responding right now saying, "I can't speculate but..." then going on to basically say "you're right".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »
Oh brother. Clinton is on the TV right now, and a reporter asked her (yes, this was the actual question), "Could this be terrorists or the Russians doing this to get Trump elected?". Hillary is responding right now saying, "I can't speculate but..." then going on to basically say "you're right".

Uh-huh. Putin is going to risk nuclear war to help Trump.

Hillary is disgusting.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »

So they're admitting that Trump would be better at handling terrorism?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/person-interest-to-named-in-nyc-bombing.html

Suspect in custody. 

"Today I believe we're going to find out that [the bombing] was influenced by foreign sources," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday on "Fox & Friends."

No *expletive deleted*it Sherlock!
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2016, 01:53:08 PM »
"Today I believe we're going to find out that [the bombing] was influenced by foreign sources," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday on "Fox & Friends."

Yeah, and just yesterday Cuomo was emphatic that it was not international terrorism.
"The slide rule is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                     - Darth Calculus

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2016, 02:12:59 PM »

Yeah, and just yesterday Cuomo was emphatic that it was not international terrorism.

Well according to reports he and his family have filed several discrimination lawsuits against the city where he lived and his family owns a restaurant so they will probably go back to saying home grown any second now, or maybe it was just a peaceful demonstration like those in Baltimore. It's amazing all these racist cities, Elizabeth, NJ, Baltimore, MD, Flint, MI, ... Must all be run by racist Republicans don't ya know.  ;/

Except I checked and Elizabeth, NJ is entirely run by Dems. Why do Dems hate Muslims and Black people?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2016, 02:25:35 PM »
But, tourism must go on. Buried in this article:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/19/chelsea-blast-suspect/

is this pearl of wisdom:

Before Rahami’s capture, Cuomo said investigators have no reason to believe there are further threats, but the public should “be on constant guard.”

To be clear -- this statement was before the suspect had been captured, and certainly before the authorities have any clue as to whether or not he is a lone wolf or part of a terrorist cell -- but there's no reason to believe there are any further threats. Right. Just like there was no reason to believe there was a threat before the bombs went off at the Boston Marathon, or before the San Bernardino shooters cut loose, or before the Orlando night club shooter opened fire.

Don't politicians like Cuomo realize how idiotic they sound and look making statements like this? They have no way of knowing whether or not there are further threats. There could easily be a dozen other terrorists out there with bombs ready to place all over NYC, right at this moment. Why would Cuomo make such a ridiculous statement? I almost hope another bomb goes off, just to demonstrate what an idiot he is (except that I don't want to see anyone hurst or killed).

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2016, 03:35:40 PM »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
Semi-related: the guy who put down the Somali terrorist in Minnesota is an NRA-certified firearm instructor and 3-gun competitor:

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/19/man-shot-crossroads-mall-terrorist-uspsa-competitor-3-gun-shooter/

No word of which of the 3 guns he used.   ;)
                     - Darth Calculus

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
I still think it was to cover up something else that was going on.  Thank goodness nobody was killed.  

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2016, 07:08:00 PM »
I'll just leave this here:

http://gunfreezone.net/index.php/2016/09/19/stupid-twitter-of-the-day-christopher-hayes-from-msnbc/

Saw that earlier today. Unbelievable yet not unexpected.

EDIT: Oh, and on a related note, I just now saw where Harry Reid has said we must pass gun/watch list legislation NOW to prevent this. Maybe he meant to prevent stopping the attacks, given that two terrorists used not guns and both were stopped with guns.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:05:30 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2016, 09:01:41 PM »
Semi-related: the guy who put down the Somali terrorist in Minnesota is an NRA-certified firearm instructor and 3-gun competitor:

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/19/man-shot-crossroads-mall-terrorist-uspsa-competitor-3-gun-shooter/

No word of which of the 3 guns he used.   ;)

All the local news is saying is he is an off-duty cop, which somehow negates the fact that the scumbag was stopped by a citizen with a concealed weapon.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »
All the local news is saying is he is an off-duty cop, which somehow negates the fact that the scumbag was stopped by a citizen with a concealed weapon.

Not only off-duty, but off duty and from another jurisdiction.

Just like the off-duty cop who stopped the mall shooter in Salt Lake City (??) a couple or three years ago.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                     - Darth Calculus

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2016, 05:18:41 AM »
But, tourism must go on. Buried in this article:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/19/chelsea-blast-suspect/

is this pearl of wisdom:

To be clear -- this statement was before the suspect had been captured, and certainly before the authorities have any clue as to whether or not he is a lone wolf or part of a terrorist cell -- but there's no reason to believe there are any further threats. Right. Just like there was no reason to believe there was a threat before the bombs went off at the Boston Marathon, or before the San Bernardino shooters cut loose, or before the Orlando night club shooter opened fire.

Don't politicians like Cuomo realize how idiotic they sound and look making statements like this? They have no way of knowing whether or not there are further threats. There could easily be a dozen other terrorists out there with bombs ready to place all over NYC, right at this moment. Why would Cuomo make such a ridiculous statement? I almost hope another bomb goes off, just to demonstrate what an idiot he is (except that I don't want to see anyone hurst or killed).

I think I read somewhere that there were supposed to be other people involved. Like he dropped a duffle bag with the stuff, and some other people were seen approaching it and doing something with it. Something like that.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2016, 08:54:38 AM »
I think I read somewhere that there were supposed to be other people involved. Like he dropped a duffle bag with the stuff, and some other people were seen approaching it and doing something with it. Something like that.
Sort of, thieves picked up the bag in NY, pulled out the bomb chucked it (2nd one and broke it as well) and ran with the bag.
Homeless guys picked up the one at the train station. They dropped it and went and got the cops when they found out what was inside.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »
Sort of, thieves picked up the bag in NY, pulled out the bomb chucked it (2nd one and broke it as well) and ran with the bag.
Homeless guys picked up the one at the train station. They dropped it and went and got the cops when they found out what was inside.

There were news reports of them stopping a SUV connected to him and the occupants being heavily armed and having bomb making materials too, and then that disappeared. Which seems strange, cause heavily armed in NJ/NY is generally not allowed even if they weren't connected.

Of course now it comes out today his father apparently warned the FBI about him, sounds familiar.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2016, 02:20:57 PM »
Suspect apparently had a notebook/diary on him:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/20/accused-new-york-new-jersey-bomber-made-several-trips-to-afghanistan-pakistan-prior-to-attacks.html

The notebook that turned up on Rahami after the shootout included writing that referenced "killing the kuffar," or unbeliever, a senior law enforcement official told The New York Times.

I'm . . . shocked?
                     - Darth Calculus