Author Topic: Anyone know European compact cars?  (Read 642 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Anyone know European compact cars?
« on: September 24, 2016, 12:07:43 PM »
Hopefully I'll be going to Sicily in April. I'm starting to line things up now, including rental cars. I don't know any of the cars offered. There's the Fiat Panda, Opel Adam, Lancia Pysilon, Fiat 500X, Audi A1, Mercedes GLA, and Peugeot 308 wagon in my price range.

Does anyone have experience with any of these? I've had terrible experience with Fiat and Renault, but that was decades ago.

dogmush

• friend
Re: Anyone know European compact cars?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:38:29 PM »
Of those, I rented the Fiat 500X and Audi A1 on my last euro trip.  I actually liked the 500X better, it had a diesel and ran pretty good.  The Audi had a small petrol engine and felt like it had trouble getting out of it's own way.

Euro small cars are, generally, nicer inside than their american counterparts because they aren't "cheap crappy" cars there.  People with money will buy one because "small" is it's own selling point.

I also rented a Seat Ibiza 5 door for a week or so.  Also diesel, also a pretty nice car.  I think it's basically a diesel 5 door Golf.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Anyone know European compact cars?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
Hopefully I'll be going to Sicily in April. I'm starting to line things up now, including rental cars. I don't know any of the cars offered. There's the Fiat Panda, Opel Adam, Lancia Pysilon, Fiat 500X, Audi A1, Mercedes GLA, and Peugeot 308 wagon in my price range.

Does anyone have experience with any of these? I've had terrible experience with Fiat and Renault, but that was decades ago.

I'd grab the Mercedes if I were you and it wasn't beyond your .... "pay grade."   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero