Author Topic: Fear of a Male Planet  (Read 965 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Fear of a Male Planet
« on: September 27, 2016, 05:16:59 PM »
In which Brit journo's at The Independent respond with laughable horror to a men's rights website.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/reddit-mgtow-men-sex-sleep-women-manosphere-meninist-a7330276.html

Tens of thousands of men have formed a real-life online community called MGTOW, or Men Going Their Own Way.

Their first rule? Abandoning all romantic relationships with women.

On Reddit alone, some 15,000 readers are subscribed to the MGTOW page which declares it is for "men going our own way by forging our own identities and paths to self-defined success; cutting through collective ideas of what a man is.”

Other websites including MGTOW.com are also dedicated to what they see as each man's fight for sovereignty of himself. And despite their hatred for women, homosexuality isn't accepted, either...

Others discuss the merits of visiting prostitutes, and how pop songs are feminist propaganda. The more you scroll, the darker it becomes.

One recent post described how women “fake orgasms often, because it makes men more submissive”. Another talked of “ditching” his “blue pill friends.” Others proudly declare that they are still virgins.

I could understand, if they thought that men trying to empower themselves were pathetic; but they find them frightening. Can you imagine them writing like this about feminism? I doubt they'd accuse any but the most extreme feminist groups of "man-hating." (Would they ever?)

What really stands out is what they call "dark." Believing pop songs are feminist - how Stygian! I guess it's only OK to believe that Taylor Swift's music is feminist, if you say it in a nice way, like the New York Times did, or as The Independent itself did. But the darker stuff, that must be really dark, right? Like being proud of their (non)sexuality. Wait, what? So Big Media says men are bad for wanting sex too much (rape culture), and bad if they don't want it at all. And then Big Media complains when men feel put upon by such treatment.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Fear of a Male Planet
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »
It's pretty typical to respond to a specific rejection with total rejection of what caused the humiliation, especially among people who are already a little unbalanced.

These guys are the results of the modern feminist movement. They were rejected by feminist, so now they reject all woman.

The other side of that coin will be the ones who become what the feminist accuse them of being. A bunch of men who become rapist because their whole lives they've been told they were rapist and they will believe what they've been told.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »

Holding aloft the Chalice, the Priestess dips her Athame into the wine, saying...

A man is not greater than a woman
Nor a woman greater than a man
For what one lacks the other provides
And when conjoined they bring great happpiness and joy
For there is no greater power in all the universe
Than that of Love.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:44:29 PM »
MGTOW have correctly identified areas modern man is lacking as well as areas modern women are lacking.

I'm not on board with their rejection of all women though.

Can't a person still believe unicorns exist? (NAWALT) lol

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
Sounds like No Ma'am - the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood.

They even have their own ballad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjF9vvz2SM

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
Sounds like No Ma'am - the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood.

They even have their own ballad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcjF9vvz2SM

:rofl:

There might be certain advantages ..... [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:30:12 PM »
They don't reject all women, just the ones that won't obsequiously grovel at their feet and worship them as God-men.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 05:46:58 AM »
Celibate?  You know the Shakers had a lot more female than male adherents.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.