Author Topic: CATO Institute Sells Out RKBA  (Read 29078 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: CATO Institute Sells Out RKBA
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2016, 09:57:20 PM »
If needing photo id to vote is racist, this would just be more of the same racist laws that got this whole ball rolling.  Yes I know somehow they have ID to get gov aid and I know some states went out of their way to make it hard to get the proper ID.

Gun laws were started to keep guns from minority's. Voting laws the same. And lets look at the drugs. Marijuana would not have it's high penalties if not for the white man going after the mexicans.

This is our government at work. It doesn't work. So I have stopped paying them.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2016, 11:38:17 PM »
hahaha

the leaps you're making, DS.

people can easily get around laws meant to keep them from buying out of state.. but somehow a national scheme will work.

LOL

This guy.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2016, 12:09:10 AM »
I thought it was obvious that the point was for it to be mandatory

You mean mandatory IF you want to buy a firearm, I don't think you means that everyone, including people who never intend to buy firearms, must have one. So what your scheme would accomplish it to take what is now optional in most states and make it mandatory in every state. And you seriously offer this as "reducing" the burden on law-abiding citizens?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2016, 12:12:50 AM »
I'm not sure what he intends to do about people who have an ID card and then lose their eligibility.  (felony or DV conviction, declared incompetent, smoke a joint, wind up on some secret govt shitlist, etc)  How does a seller verify that the ID is still valid?
"It's good, though..."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2016, 12:21:22 AM »
hahaha

the leaps you're making, DS.

people can easily get around laws meant to keep them from buying out of state.. but somehow a national scheme will work.

LOL

This guy.

Really?  You can't see how having the same rule and system across all 50 states helps promote consistent application?

The point of the ID system is to check for gun licenses when a person gets in trouble, and to check for trouble only once when the gun licence is issued.  Revoke and take it (just like a DL) when the person becomes ineligible.  Don't do the check every single time a gun leaves a dealer which is a waste.

A simple online portal to confirm numbers could be set up with it for nervy sellers.  A system like that will be far more difficult to rort than what we have now.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2016, 12:22:39 AM »
You mean mandatory IF you want to buy a firearm, I don't think you means that everyone, including people who never intend to buy firearms, must have one. So what your scheme would accomplish it to take what is now optional in most states and make it mandatory in every state. And you seriously offer this as "reducing" the burden on law-abiding citizens?

Yes.  Because it would replace the federal state patchwork with something more workable.  The goal is to offer the other side a tangible increase in effectiveness of preventing crooks getting guns in exchange for dumping red tape that doesn't directly contribute to that goal.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2016, 12:26:36 AM »
I'm not sure what he intends to do about people who have an ID card and then lose their eligibility.  (felony or DV conviction, declared incompetent, smoke a joint, wind up on some secret govt shitlist, etc)  How does a seller verify that the ID is still valid?

This is something police and other pros should do as a matter of routine when the events that cost a person eligibility occur.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2016, 12:32:19 AM »
This is something police and other pros should do as a matter of routine when the events that cost a person eligibility occur.

You mean like when they use illegal drugs (not convicted, just use) or when they land on the tsa* watchlist and the democrats* get their "No Fly, No Buy" law passed? (a lot of stupid republicans* think that's a good idea too)

*lowercase letters out of disrespect.
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #183 on: October 26, 2016, 12:48:40 AM »
He doesn't understand and will never understand that we could pass another 50k gun laws and the criminals will not follow the law.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #184 on: October 26, 2016, 12:50:51 AM »
You mean like when they use illegal drugs (not convicted, just use) or when they land on the tsa* watchlist and the democrats* get their "No Fly, No Buy" law passed? (a lot of stupid republicans* think that's a good idea too)

*lowercase letters out of disrespect.

These are spurious comparisons.  There are plans in the works to add new criteria to the existing scheme, so I don't see how this is any more a problem for good reform.  If you can resist this bs now you can resist it in getting an improvement up.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #185 on: October 26, 2016, 12:51:27 AM »
He doesn't understand and will never understand that we could pass another 50k gun laws and the criminals will not follow the law.

You honestly don't think we could do better than what we have!? 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #186 on: October 26, 2016, 01:05:04 AM »

I'm sure he understands all that. That's not what this is about. It's about a Peace, Order, and Good Government approach vs the American formula of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happinefs. It's about settling for the best scheme of gun control we can get, instead of insisting on full human rights.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #187 on: October 26, 2016, 01:06:52 AM »
You honestly don't think we could do better than what we have!? 

We can do better, by abolishing what we have.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #188 on: October 26, 2016, 03:11:03 AM »

We can do better, by abolishing what we have.

Good luck with that.  Me, I'll take improvements as they come

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2016, 04:51:00 AM »
Let's start at the cultural level.
1st let's get rid of the stigma that comes with self defense and particularly lethal self defense.
Also the nonsense about "violence never settled anything", utter bullshit.
Unwarranted violent attacks against law abiding persons should be returned by overwhelming violence.
Pull a gun or knife or brandish a deadly weapon or use a disparity of physical strength against an intended victim and the expectation should be that the perpetrators are highly likely to end up DRT, right now.
The current model as established by Milquetoaste liberals offers no real and immediate consequences for those inclined to do violence against innocent persons.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

birdman

• friend
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2016, 06:53:40 AM »
Good luck with that.  Me, I'll take improvements as they come

Awww, and remember when you said I didn't have examp,es of you advocating for authoritarian positions?  Here's 8 pages of just that.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
Awww, and remember when you said I didn't have examp,es of you advocating for authoritarian positions?  Here's 8 pages of just that.

Haha, man can you attempt to explain how "better and more convenient gun law than today" equals authoritarian?  The point is to craft laws that put LESS burden on gun owners compared to now - yet that's authoritarian because it doesn't abolish all gun rules!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2016, 07:28:13 AM »
Let's start at the cultural level.
1st let's get rid of the stigma that comes with self defense and particularly lethal self defense.
Also the nonsense about "violence never settled anything", utter bullshit.
Unwarranted violent attacks against law abiding persons should be returned by overwhelming violence.
Pull a gun or knife or brandish a deadly weapon or use a disparity of physical strength against an intended victim and the expectation should be that the perpetrators are highly likely to end up DRT, right now.
The current model as established by Milquetoaste liberals offers no real and immediate consequences for those inclined to do violence against innocent persons.

Cool story bro.  If 100 percent of America reads unintended consequences and half of those agree, this might be a reasonable way to deal with gun laws.  Last I checked sales were a bit lower though.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2016, 07:35:45 AM »
Yes.  Because it would replace the federal state patchwork with something more workable.  The goal is to offer the other side a tangible increase in effectiveness of preventing crooks getting guns in exchange for dumping red tape that doesn't directly contribute to that goal.

The system you propose would not -- and cannot -- in any way prevent bad people (as in "prohibited" people) from getting guns. Felons almost always seem to have a gun when they are re-arrested (just read the news papers) and they are NOT buying them from FFLs, gun shows, or Craigs List.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2016, 07:38:19 AM »
If you can resist this bs now you can resist it in getting an improvement up.

I still fail to see how federalizing a system that is a direct violation of the Constitution can possible be construed as an "improvement," especially when said "improvement" cannot possibly accomplish any of what it purports to offer.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2016, 08:29:55 AM »
Concentrating all control of gun ownership into the hands of the federal government seems to be a pretty authoritarian option.

Centralized control is a main feature of authoritarian regimes.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2016, 09:05:14 AM »
Concentrating all control of gun ownership into the hands of the federal government seems to be a pretty authoritarian option.

But convenience! Brought to you by the people in charge of the TSA.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »
Welcome to the mind of the leftist, gents. Will freely admit that criminals aren't following laws, and then in the same breath be fine with creating yet another rgovernment program with massive potential for abuse to "solve" the problem.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

birdman

• friend
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2016, 10:17:02 AM »
Haha, man can you attempt to explain how "better and more convenient gun law than today" equals authoritarian?  The point is to craft laws that put LESS burden on gun owners compared to now - yet that's authoritarian because it doesn't abolish all gun rules!

What he said.  Honestly, if you don't see centralized control (by...wait for it...some sort of authority) and licensing (which requires permission...from an authority) to be authoritarian...regardless of convenience...then I think you must have an odd definition of "authoritarian".

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
Selling to a prohibited person or buying a firearm for a prohibited person is already against the law.

In fact, the BATFEIO-EIO can trace crime guns, starting with the Manufacturer of said firearm.

However, in most cases they and the DOJ pass on prosecuting those folks, and on the rare occasion they do prosecute, they cut asinine plea deals.   Like Dontray Mills, initially charged with 55 counts of gun trafficking. 

Dontray Mills, 24, purchased a total of 27 firearms, mostly handguns, between December 2012 and April 2014 and pleaded guilty to one of the charges on April 22, 2014, after an ATF investigation. As a result of the conviction, Mills will never again be able to buy firearms legally.

On Wednesday, he was sentenced. As part of the plea bargain, prosecutors agreed with the one year of probation.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.