Author Topic: Sugar  (Read 703 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Sugar
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »

http://acsh.org/news/2016/10/07/center-science-public-interest-now-wants-sugar-removed-fruit-too-10273

I've long ridiculed anyone who claims buying a gigantic fruit drink in Whole Foods believing it is healthier because it contains "evaporated cane juice" (that's sugar, but Whole Foods shoppers don't want sugar, so health food marketing groups gave it a new name) is ridiculous. Fruit has sugar. Fruit is natural. It only makes sense that some marketing group would capitalize on natural claims once it became a fad - a fad promoted by anti-science groups like CSPI that successfully duped the public into a naturalistic fallacy with their never-ending war on "chemicals."

Removing the sugar from fruit would be unnatural, and natural is what CSPI has long promoted, in order to shake down companies for money, so this is ironic. Oranges are a corporate conspiracy....

CSPI's lawsuit claims the marketing for PepsiCo's Naked Juice is "misleading" because it can have more sugar than some of Pepsi's cola drinks. Who didn't know that? It's right on their labels, labels that CSPI sued and lobbied to get put in place, but Pepsi didn't create that sugar, nature did. Fruit has sugar, and an organic apple has a lot of sugar, just like a conventional one.

And I guess the FDA wants them to call ECJ "sugar" on the labels, now.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/05/26/479494486/evaporated-cane-juice-puh-leeze-just-call-it-sugar-fda-says

I just found this amusing. Personally, I'm not too picky about how I get my sugar. For some reason, I like to avoid juice with added sugar. Usually, that limits me to grape, grapefruit, or apple. Which is not bad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
Re: Sugar
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »
Clearly a conspiracy by the big fruit companies.  Everybody knows the fruit grows naturally but sugar comes in bags at the grocery store.   ;)
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 02:24:12 PM »
Sprinkler rainbow lady's next video - "Why are they putting sugar in all our fruit?"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »
So the PC term is now ECJ Daddy/Momma?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:29:27 PM »
I get my sugar the natural way: I take it from my kids' Halloween candy buckets.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?