Author Topic: John Podesta knows why Hillary lost ...  (Read 3103 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
John Podesta knows why Hillary lost ...
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:10:30 AM »
. . . it's the media's fault for being pro-Trump:

http://freedomoutpost.com/clinton-campaign-blames-most-devastating-loss-in-the-history-of-american-politics-on-media-for-being-pro-trump/

"The media always covered her as the person who would be president and therefore tried to eviscerate her before the election, but covered Trump who was someone who was entertaining and sort of gave him a pass," Podesta said. "We need to reflect and analyze that and put our voices forward."

Yes, the same media that have been basically been the PR wing of the DNC, the same media that fed debate questions to Hillary beforehand, they were really helping Trump all along.

I don't know what drugs Podesta is on, but their street value must be six figures.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Re: John Podesta knows why Hillary lost ...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »
Didn't Trump get exactly one newspaper endorsement?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:17:22 AM »

You mean other than The Crusader?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:20:12 AM »
The level of self delusion required to believe this is so breathtaking that I wonder if he genuinely does believe it all, or if he's just cynically trying to turn Trump's anti-media effort against him.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 02:30:40 AM »
The level of self delusion required to believe this is so breathtaking that I wonder if he genuinely does believe it all, or if he's just cynically trying to turn Trump's anti-media effort against him.

Once you take the red pill, you ask that about a lot of things.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 02:47:56 AM »

Once you take the red pill, you ask that about a lot of things.

I never took the red pill or the blue pill.  I'm in that category of independents who backed Trump.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: John Podesta knows why Hillary lost ...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 06:58:29 AM »
I never took the red pill or the blue pill.  I'm in that category of independents who backed Trump.
I think fistful is referring to a different red pill.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: Re: John Podesta knows why Hillary lost ...
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
I think fistful is referring to a different red pill.

Though it is interesting how the colors match up.  :cool:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »
We all know why Hillary lost. Two reasons:

• She didn't win
  • She's Hillary
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 02:02:31 PM »

Hell even the Cincinnati Enquirer, which had endorsed the Republican nominee for the last 100 years, endorsed Hillary.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »
This guy is starting to get it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/opinion/the-democrats-screwed-up.html?ref=opinion

A 64-year-old Southern woman not onboard with marriage equality finds herself characterized as a hateful boob. Never mind that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton weren’t themselves onboard just five short years ago.

Political correctness has morphed into a moral purity that may feel exhilarating but isn’t remotely tactical...

Plenty of Trump voters chose him, reluctantly, to be an agent of disruption, which they craved keenly enough to overlook the rest of him.

Democrats need to understand that, and they need to move past a complacency for which the Clintons bear considerable blame.

It’s hard to overestimate the couple’s stranglehold on the party — its think tanks, its operatives, its donors — for the last two decades. Most top Democrats had vested interests in the Clintons, and energy that went into supporting and defending them didn’t go into fresh ideas and fresh faces, who were shut out....In thrall to the Clintons, Democrats ignored the copious, glaring signs of an electorate hankering for something new and different and instead took a next-in-line approach that stopped working awhile back....After Election Day, one Clinton-weary Democratic insider told me: “I’m obviously not happy and I hate to admit this, but a part of me feels liberated. If she’d won, we’d already be talking about Chelsea’s first campaign...

[Obama's] presidency will end with Democrats in possession of 11 fewer Senate seats (depending on how you count), more than 60 fewer House seats, at least 14 fewer governorships and more than 900 fewer seats in state legislatures than when it began. That’s a staggering toll...

[Democrats are] defending more than twice the number of Senate seats in 2018 that Republicans are, a situation that gives the G.O.P. a shot at a filibuster-proof majority.

Those last two points are also covered by Mark Hemingway. In his recounting, Obama expended all of his capital on health control, which cost his party their majority in the House. Obama went on to alienate those pesky, uneducated white voters in a series of executive orders, and other measures that bypassed Congress. And the Democrats lost control of the Senate, plus the governors' mansions and statehouses across the fruited plain.

http://issuesetc.org/2016/11/09/3141-post-election-analysis-mark-and-mollie-hemingway-11916/
(the relevant portion is in the last half of the interview)

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »
Rumor has it Republicans are upset that Democrats want to take over the role of "the party of stupid".

After Election Day, one Clinton-weary Democratic insider told me: “I’m obviously not happy and I hate to admit this, but a part of me feels liberated. If she’d won, we’d already be talking about Chelsea’s first campaign. Now we can do what we really need to and start over.”

Gah!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »
http://issuesetc.org/2016/11/09/3141-post-election-analysis-mark-and-mollie-hemingway-11916/

I've been listening to that series for months.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »

John Podesta knows why Hillary lost ...

What, the Crowleyite ritual didn't get done right?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
One of my liberal friends claimed that the media went too easy on Trump. I have no idea what world some people live in. Even if you hate Trump I can't imagine thinking the media gave him a pass on anything, or went too hard on Hillary.

I've seen a cycle of conservatives losing their minds about Obama and now I'm seeing the exact same behavior from the liberals.

I guess people are just people, no matter which side.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 06:50:30 PM »
This guy is starting to get it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/opinion/the-democrats-screwed-up.html?ref=opinion

Those last two points are also covered by Mark Hemingway. In his recounting, Obama expended all of his capital on health control, which cost his party their majority in the House. Obama went on to alienate those pesky, uneducated white voters in a series of executive orders, and other measures that bypassed Congress. And the Democrats lost control of the Senate, plus the governors' mansions and statehouses across the fruited plain.

Yeah starting.  He still thinks many if not most Trump supporters are racist and thinks Bloomberg is a saner billionaire.  I doubt he will do much more than start.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 06:51:54 PM »
One of my liberal friends claimed that the media went too easy on Trump. I have no idea what world some people live in. Even if you hate Trump I can't imagine thinking the media gave him a pass on anything, or went too hard on Hillary.

I've seen a cycle of conservatives losing their minds about Obama and now I'm seeing the exact same behavior from the liberals.

Going after Trump is what helped him.  They might have done better to ignore him. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 06:57:03 PM »

Oh, we're seeing a whole different level of crazy from "liberals" right now.  :lol: Conservatives were saying dumb stuff like, "He's not really black," or maybe stockpiling supplies for a race-war. I don't think it's the exact same behavior.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 09:22:35 PM »

I didn't see any street riots, or college classes being cancelled so students could be treated by counselors, or bazillions of conservatives emoting on Youtube about how they're "literally" going to kill themselves because Obama won.

Are you certain you live in the same universe as the rest of us?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2016, 01:40:17 PM »
I didn't see any street riots, or college classes being cancelled so students could be treated by counselors, or bazillions of conservatives emoting on Youtube about how they're "literally" going to kill themselves because Obama won.

Are you certain you live in the same universe as the rest of us?

College kids protest everything, that isn't unique.

As far as when Obama won, I've seen eight years of Facebook posts about death panels, "get ready to water the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots", hang that monkey from a tree, Obama's the biggest racist on the planet, Michelle Obama is nasty/ugly/dumb/likes rap/looks like a monkey, Obama's kids are miscreants, Obama's a Muslim terrorist, Obama's going to take away our (medicare, guns, freedom, military pay, xxx).

Now my Facebook is full of posts on Trump is going to make gay people illegal, and America's going to have food riots, and Hillary won the popular vote so let's post on Tumblr about it, and Trump's a racist, lots of talk about Trump grabbing Lady Liberty by the you know what, this isn't my america, and Hillary lost so I'm going to cry, and America is full of racist hicks, and Trump hates Mexicans, and anyone that voted for Trump is a monster.

So far the liberals haven't gotten as nasty as the conservatives did (less talk of violence)--they're just angry and a bit in denial but I think that's just because there hasn't been enough time to get started. After a few years I'm sure they'll have plenty of nasty memes built up. His wife will be interesting--she's easier to criticize than Michelle Obama, but liberals usually shy away from direct criticism of women so I'm curious how that'll shake out.

It's different in delivery methods though. Obama was eight years ago, and conservatives are older, and not as likely to be in college, so it's factually more likely to see YouTube comments and college classes being cancelled because of protests/riots or whatever. YouTube is only 11 years old, after all.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »
I don't recall conservatives taking to the streets and rioting when Obama won though.   I also don't believe the MSM  covered  the right wing nuttery as much as they're covering the loony tune lefties now.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »
College kids protest everything, that isn't unique.

As far as when Obama won, I've seen eight years of Facebook posts about death panels, "get ready to water the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots", hang that monkey from a tree, Obama's the biggest racist on the planet, Michelle Obama is nasty/ugly/dumb/likes rap/looks like a monkey, Obama's kids are miscreants, Obama's a Muslim terrorist, Obama's going to take away our (medicare, guns, freedom, military pay, xxx).

Now my Facebook is full of posts on Trump is going to make gay people illegal, and America's going to have food riots, and Hillary won the popular vote so let's post on Tumblr about it, and Trump's a racist, lots of talk about Trump grabbing Lady Liberty by the you know what, this isn't my america, and Hillary lost so I'm going to cry, and America is full of racist hicks, and Trump hates Mexicans, and anyone that voted for Trump is a monster.

So far the liberals haven't gotten as nasty as the conservatives did (less talk of violence)--they're just angry and a bit in denial but I think that's just because there hasn't been enough time to get started. After a few years I'm sure they'll have plenty of nasty memes built up. His wife will be interesting--she's easier to criticize than Michelle Obama, but liberals usually shy away from direct criticism of women so I'm curious how that'll shake out.

It's different in delivery methods though. Obama was eight years ago, and conservatives are older, and not as likely to be in college, so it's factually more likely to see YouTube comments and college classes being cancelled because of protests/riots or whatever. YouTube is only 11 years old, after all.

I was in college when Bill Clinton won the first time- there was nothing.... It was shrugs, maybe a few grins, or 'meh' and have another beer. I do remember a huge push on campus to back Perot though
The batshittery really didn't start until Dubya won.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 02:34:42 PM »
I was in college when Bill Clinton won the first time- there was nothing.... It was shrugs, maybe a few grins, or 'meh' and have another beer. I do remember a huge push on campus to back Perot though
The batshittery really didn't start until Dubya won.

Yea, it's the Internet's fault. Isolated communities makes everything more polarized and gives the nutjobs way more of a voice than they used to have. It isn't a specific political or social orientation. Probably will get worse.

Maybe we'll get used to it though, in another generation? My generation is the last one to have a memory of pre-Internet days and we don't know how to raise kids in the Internet era. Maybe the kids of today will learn something and the batch born in the 2020's will have better coping skills.

Who am I kidding, it'll be downhill from here.  [popcorn]

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »

The media was too easy on Trump during the primaries.  They were trying for a Clinton vs Trump matchup from the very beginning because they thought it would make great television.  After he cinched the nomination they started trying to shoot him down -- and he gave them plenty of ammo.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »
The media was too easy on Trump during the primaries.  They were trying for a Clinton vs Trump matchup from the very beginning because they thought it would make great television.  After he cinched the nomination they started trying to shoot him down -- and he gave them plenty of ammo.
I thought they actually went after him like they would any other Republican.  Only Trump didn't back down and immediately beg for forgiveness as soon as someone said he was a meany.  The media didn't know how to handle that.  Their publicizing what they viewed as bad statements helped Trump.  Between that and Trump realizing what issues were important to Republican voters got him the nomination.