Author Topic: Your Grimy Smart Phone  (Read 936 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Your Grimy Smart Phone
« on: November 15, 2016, 10:37:11 AM »
I thought this was kind of interesting, if potentially ominous.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/traces-grime-phone-reveal-life-story-study-085257687.html

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Your Grimy Smart Phone
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:02 AM »
Doorknobs and steering wheels, too, I'll bet.  And toilet bowl flush handles.

However, there are times when I sincerely wonder about the reliability and validity of much of forensic testing and testimony by experts.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 03:16:58 PM »
However, there are times when I sincerely wonder about the reliability and validity of much of forensic testing and testimony by experts.

In general terms? Think of the amount of dishonesty necessary to make even a salesperson blanch. About that much validity.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 04:02:14 PM »
In general terms? Think of the amount of dishonesty necessary to make even a salesperson blanch. About that much validity.

=D  Yes, very general information of a very limited value that some investigator will probably try to use to validate their assumptions about a suspect.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge