Author Topic: Pot Smokers - Welcome to the Bureaucracy  (Read 974 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Pot Smokers - Welcome to the Bureaucracy
« on: December 20, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
Kinda funny - legal pot merchants in Oregon are getting overwhelmed by government regulations.

"Which is what happens when you call the Feds..."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/20/are-regulations-crippling-oregons-fledgling-marijuana-market.html?refresh=true
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Re: Pot Smokers - Welcome to the Bureaucracy
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »
Meanwhile Colorado continues to sell weed like its going out of style, selling more than $1,000,000,000.00 of the product in the first 10 months of this year.  I can't wait to see how much tax revenue the state will have collected on this year's total sales.

Citation on sales this year:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/13/colorado-marijuana-sales-exceed-1-billion-breaking/
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:17:33 PM »
Meanwhile Wisconsin has a proposal to waste more taxpayer money on drug testing:facepalm:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »
One of our members, who doesn't stop by here anymore, but is on FB is working on getting his Oregon license.  He has posted about the many hoops he has had to jump through to get it.

Physics - Jeff D.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
Meanwhile Wisconsin has a proposal to waste more taxpayer money on drug testing:facepalm:
Back when I was in high school, students would have simply refused to take drug tests, and - at every opportunity - would have told whoever listened that teachers, administrators, the school board, and ALL other school employees should LEAD THE WAY by having THEIR names in the pool to be randomly drug tested. Be a good example for your students!

Ditto for legislators.

And if they objected - WHAT IS IT THEY'RE HIDING? 

We didn't have the Internet back then . . . if we did, there would have been CONSTANT coordination between student bodies at different schools within the district. When I see today's students just bending over for every new school dictate, I just shake my head at how things have changed.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain