Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's Weiner  (Read 1142 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Hillary Clinton's Weiner
« on: December 20, 2016, 03:53:56 PM »
A Federal judge ordered a release of the search warrant for the Abedin/Weiner laptop. They show 27 classified email chains, with 6 of them at the SECRET level at the time of transmission (versus being classified after the fact).

It seems like no one cares anymore, but that's more hard, irrefutable evidence for punishment. Again, IMO, the very least she should suffer is a lifetime ban on clearances. Same with Abedin.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/20/fbi-warrant-released-in-clinton-case-revealing-extent-classified-info-on-laptop.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

grampster

• friend
Re: Hillary Clinton's Weiner
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:23:16 PM »
The Russians put that info there. :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 08:03:06 PM »
Trump needs to have his people follow through and prosecute some of these people.  The politicians and their aides cannot get a pass.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 09:45:29 PM »
Why would former Secretary Clinton still have any clearances at all after leaving government service?  Is it common for former politicians/State Department staffers to retain a clearance after leaving the job?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 09:59:05 PM »
Why would former Secretary Clinton still have any clearances at all after leaving government service?  Is it common for former politicians/State Department staffers to retain a clearance after leaving the job?

In some cases they can be left as-is and not actively rescinded.  Like mine when I got out of .mil.  I went to my new employer with a shiny, new, "No need for interim clearance, thanks" the day I walked in the door.  Which can be a serious hiring issue, since some clearances can take months to get.

I expect HRC had a TS which has a sell-by date of 5 years.

But, yeah, she and the Wieners and her staffers should never come close to classified material again this side of the grave.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 10:12:32 PM »
But, yeah, she and the Wieners and her staffers should have lost their clearances some time ago, and should never come close to classified material again this side of the grave.

Better.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 12:13:29 AM »
Irrespective of whatever clearance she has, or had, she does not currently hold any position in government, nor does Huma, nor does Anthony. Fundamental to security clearances is the concept of "need to know." If I have a secret document, and you have a top secret clearance and want to read my document -- if you don't have any need to see it, I'm not supposed to show it to you, and you're not supposed to be looking at it anyway. And everyone who has any security clearance at all is supposed to know that.

Look at the boy general Petraeus, who got caught letting his mistress biographer look at his classified documents. Broadwell was a commissioned officer herself  (Major - up for Lt. Colonel but the scandal axed that), an intelligence officer with a top secret clearance. But she wasn't boinking the general in an official capacity, she was there as a biographer and she had no official need to see any of those documents. THAT's why he got nailed for letting her have access to them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 06:05:40 AM »
At this point I'm ready to say "Bring back HUAC."  

Yeah, yeah, I know....

Reactionary...

Too bad it's got so much baggage with it.

At least in terms of security leaks, maybe.

I take it back.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:14:23 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.