Author Topic: Ivory tower wimps  (Read 1896 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Ivory tower wimps
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8559

Students at University of Maryland have issued a set of 64 demands to the administration. The administration's lily-livered, weak-kneed, cop-out response?

"We commend the students for their passionate advocacy and for coming together in solidarity on these issues,” a university spokesperson told Campus Reform. “President Loh has convened a group of his staff to thoroughly review the list of demands and make recommendations accordingly. That process is well underway."

The correct response should be "Our rules were in place when you applied to this university. By enrolling, you agreed to abide by our rules. If you don't like the way things run on this campus, feel free to transfer to another university that's more aligned with your beliefs. There are other students who would be happy to take your place at this university."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Ivory tower wimps
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 02:48:00 PM »
For All Marginalized Student Communities
    Required diversity training for SGA recognized and Greek organizations.
    The University employ more professors of color in all university departments
    Increased mental health support and resources for students of color.
    University scholarships for students of marginalized communities.
    A statement from President Loh reassuring marginalized UMD students that the University is committed to making UMD a safe space for all marginalized groups in response to the election and urging these students to speak out when they feel that the university is not meeting this goal.
    Accountability for hate speech or action:
    Immediate response to hate speech or actions from the University including a consequence (e.g. mark on transcript, potential suspension);
    Immediate turnaround for the removal of hate speech printed or written on campus property, sidewalks and boards;
    A task force separate from UMPD officers to look into investigations.
    Revamping of the Diversity and Cultural Competency General Education requirement.
        Students that meet this requirement should take a class that allows them not only to understand other cultures, but also by the end of the course have an understanding of privilege, oppression, and marginalized groups.
    Representation of students of color on UMD Student Judiciary and Senate.
    Study into the punishment statistics by race/gender/etc. of students at some point in the coming year - the legal system is rife with discrimination against minorities, especially those in poverty. It is crucial that our student judiciary is more equitable and gives all students a fair judgement.
    Establishing a voluntary accreditation for activist groups.
    Administration should support and defend activist groups by nullifying slander and smear campaign from bigger group. Example: Many members of SJP were slandered as anti-Semitic for being pro-Palestine;
    Make free legal advice available for students participating in activism who face slander or other dishonest claims while exercising their rights to protest and free speech;
    Provide protection during campus events that might make students feel unsafe because of their political implications [ie Israel Fest for Muslim and Arab students, Columbus day and Independence Day for American Indian students etc.].
    The University of Maryland match the campus minimum wage to Prince George’s minimum wage.
    An established safe, secure and permanent location for the Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct at The University of Maryland.
    The creation and implementation of Dean of Students with supporting staff.
        Role
            Serve as liaison for student needs and concerns on behalf of administration
            Get to know student groups on campus and is actively available for students; makes efforts to attend student engagements
            Serve as an ally to marginalized students
        Help implement policy change on behalf of student concerns
        Requirements:
            Master’s or Doctoral degree in Education Administration
            Experience in diversity and inclusion on institutional level
            Preferably a representative from a vulnerable group
        Approach:
            Students serve on Dean of Students search committee along with other staff, professors and administrators

For the American Indian Student Community
    The University officially remove the Christopher Columbus Day holiday from all university materials and mediums. Replace it with Indigenous Peoples’ Day to take away the stain of colonialism from our University.
    Acknowledge during every event, that "this is indigenous land." Make efforts to officially recognize the tribe or nation whose land upon which the University of Maryland is built.
    Establish an Indigenous Studies minor.
    Funding for AISU and departments such as Multicultural Involvement and Community Advocacy office, who supports indigenous students and their efforts.
    The official recognition of the Sarah Winnemucca award in the University awards.
    An indigenous scholarship for college students as well as high school students.
    An indigenous cultural center where students can explore their indigenous identity and others.

For the Black Student Community
    University System of Maryland divestment from Maryland Correctional Enterprises.
    UMD student divestment from businesses and companies invested in MCE and the prison industrial complex.
    Tenure for African American professors.
    Increased funding for the Nyumburu Cultural Center and making the Nyumburu Cultural Center a stop during UMD campus tours.

For the Latinx Student Community
    A claim to physical space on campus. A school that prides itself on diversity has failed to give students of color adequate, quality space such as a Latinx Cultural Center.
    University recruitment practices involving students of color that making them and their friends feel welcome and included on campus.
    A faculty body that is more diverse and representative of branches of academia that deal with the history and discourse of minority populations and integrating this into majors such as a USLT major and a road for tenure for the professors who teach in these departments.
    More funding allocated for multicultural student organizations in order to execute educational and cultural programming to help bridge the diversity divide on campus.

For the LGBTQIA+ Student Community
    Mandated faculty training in the fundamentals of campus inclusion of queer folks.
    Students be allowed the choice of different gender roommates in the residence halls through random matching.
    Multi-stall gender-inclusive bathrooms in every building with multi-stall bathrooms.
    Converting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Studies program into a department in order to provide curricular autonomy.
    Including pronouns in addition to names on student rosters seen by faculty and advisors.
    Implementing a campus wide policy to replace male-female checkboxes with write-in boxes on all forms, surveys, and applications.
    Gender neutral bathrooms in all buildings on campus.
    Faculty (especially those working in the health center and counseling center), students, and college park police take part in queer diversity training, such as the Rainbow Terrapin Network.
    The administration advocate for and defend the Arts and Humanities, as they are one of the departments most sensitive to LGBTQ issues and also one of the most at risk under new new state and federal leadership.

For the Muslim Student Community
    Protect the names and religious/ethnic affiliations of students should they be demanded from the government for harmful use.
    An increase in the number of safe, designated prayer areas on campus.
    One room in each major building (e.g. SPH, Chemistry, McKeldin etc.) designated for prayer.
    Shuttle services to the Diyanet Center of America for Muslim students to have access to a place of worship and participate in the many activities that the center hosts.
    Increased discussions about the diversity of the Muslim community on campus and worldwide.
    More classes offered pertaining to Islam and the Muslim world taught by Muslim professors, who will counteract the negativity surrounding the name of Islam that is perpetuated by our culture and media.
    Measures to prevent situations similar to the “American Sniper” situation from happening again.
        SEE and other organizations on campus should have better judgement when choosing to show movies that perpetuate false narratives and stereotypes of Muslim and should be held accountable if they do not take this into consideration.
    More Zabiha options on the campus meal plan to accommodate Muslims who adhere to those rulings.
    More counselors who are sensitive to the needs of Muslim students. Ensure that the have the training be sensitive to the nuances in the Muslim community and are from the communities we often come from.
        Additional training or staff is necessary.

For the Pro-Palestine student communities
    The encouragement of equal and positive representation of Pro-Palestinian human rights activists on campus. Specifically, condemning the conflation of Pro-Palestinian activism with racism and Anti-Semitism.
        Pro-Palestinian activists are people who seek the fair treatment of Palestinians in Palestine and the rest of the world. Pro-Palestinians do not reject the human rights of any group of people, and encourage a fair and just system of governance across the globe.
    The active encouragement of faculty and students to engage in discourse and learning about the Palestinians’ struggles and the Boycott Divest and Sanction movement without fear of consequences by the university administration.
    Faculty and students have long been targeted for their political stances and their rights to free speech impeded, especially on this issue. We hope the university administration recognizes their disenfranchised groups and helps develop an environment within which it is safe for them to voice their opinions.

For the Undocumented student community
    A full-time Undocumented Student Coordinator to advocate for, advise, represent, and protect undocumented and DACAmented students.
    A declaration of the University of Maryland, College Park as a sanctuary campus for undocumented and DACAmented students and their families.
    Ensured protection of student information about immigration status from local, state, and government agencies.
    A system to ensure reaction and protection from the UMD Administration if an undocumented or DACAmented student faces detention or deportation proceedings.
    A full-time immigration attorney for the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Student Legal Aid.
    An Undocumented Student Resource Office to provide academic counseling, legal support, mental health counseling, and to guide students to university resources.
    Mandatory training about undocumented students’ unique experiences and needs in academic settings for all university faculty and staff.
    A significant expansion of mental health services for all students of color, especially undocumented and DACAmented students.
    A system to ensure that DACAmented students can continue to receive in-state tuition if their DACA status is cancelled.
    An opening up of merit scholarships and emergency funds to undocumented and DACAmented students.

Signed by: African Students Progressive Action Committee, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Theta Nu Chapter, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated Iota Zeta Chapter, The American Indian Student Union, Ashley Vasquez, BSOS UMD Senator, Committee on Committees Undergraduate Rep, Bisexuals at Maryland, The Black Student Union, Chi Chapter of Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Incorporada, The Coalition of Latinx Student Organizations, Community Roots, Eta Beta Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc, Ethiopian Eritrean Student Association, Kappa Phi Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, Katherine Swanson, Student Body President, NAACP, University of Maryland, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. Upsilon Chapter, Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc. Delta Eta Chapter, The Muslim Student Association, True Colors of Maryland, Political Latinxs United for Movement and Action in Society, Preventing Sexual Assault, The Pride Alliance, Students for Justice in Palestine, Student Labor Action Project, Our Revolution
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
    A statement from President Loh reassuring marginalized UMD students that the University is committed to making UMD a safe space for all marginalized groups in response to the election and urging these students to speak out when they feel that the university is not meeting this goal.

Marginalized university students? Does that mean straight white dudes, or is that Christian students, or both?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »

Marginalized university students? Does that mean straight white dudes, or is that Christian students, or both?

I can't think of any group that is currently more marginalized than straight, white Christian males. Whatever the problem -- it's our fault.

As for "white privilege" -- When I applied to colleges, I had to be accepted on the basis of my high school transcript and my scores on the SATs. Once in college, and again in graduate school, I encountered persons of color who were accepted in spite of having had dismal high school grades and abysmal SATs. They were accepted anyway, in the hallowed name of "diversity"; they were given full scholarships (I got nothing, because my father lived with my mother and had a job); they were given free preparatory tutoring during the summer before freshman year, to prepare them; when they were still failing after the first year, instead of being kicked out like the white, yellow, and red students, they were given another summer of (free) remedial tutoring and allowed to pass the classes they had failed and move on to the sophomore year.

And I'm supposed to not collapse in hysterical laughter when these twits lecture me about "white privilege"?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 04:59:11 PM »
I can't think of any group that is currently more marginalized than straight, white Christian males. Whatever the problem -- it's our fault.

I think that's empowering.  Means we can do anything we want since it's our fault anyway. 
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
. . . As for "white privilege" -- When I applied to colleges, I had to be accepted on the basis of my high school transcript and my scores on the SATs.  . . .
Same here.

But when I applied to the State for financial aid, under "ethnicity" I checked the box labeled "Native American." I was born in Chicago, and that's officially considered part of America, right? Anyway, I got financial aid.

Later on, someone told me the powers-that-be really weren't looking for that answer, they expected me to check "white" on the form, even though I'm not an albino.

Oh, well, I suppose the same naysayers would have had a problem with the guy born in Pretoria, Republic of South Africa, checking "African-American" on his application.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 08:42:10 PM »
I'll bite.  WTF is Latinx?  Or LGBTQIA+

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »
Latinx is the gender-neutral alternative to Latino.

LGBTQIA+:
L - Lesbian.
G - Gay.
B - Bisexual.
T - Trans.
Q - Queer/Questioning.
I - Intersex
A - Asexuality.
+ -  all of the other sexualities, sexes, and genders that aren't included above

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »

But when I applied to the State for financial aid, under "ethnicity" I checked the box labeled "Native American."

Hey, it worked for Elizabeth Warren for how many years? 20? More?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 10:49:23 PM »

+ -  all of the other sexualities, sexes, and genders that aren't included above

Except male, female, or straight ...

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 11:34:24 PM »
Latinx is the gender-neutral alternative to Latino.

LGBTQIA+:
L - Lesbian.
G - Gay.
B - Bisexual.
T - Trans.
Q - Queer/Questioning.
I - Intersex
A - Asexuality.
+ -  all of the other sexualities, sexes, and genders that aren't included above

As seen on FB "There are two genders, the rest are mental illnesses...."  Apparently turned an SJW into a crying, quivering, ball of goo.

Dear Students,

Piss Off.

Love,
The University Administration
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 01:12:31 AM »

Dear Students,

Nuts!

Love,
The University Administration

FTFY.  Has the added benefit of historical context, Godwins the snowflakes first, and is sure to trigger someone due to male imagery.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 04:45:14 AM »
    Required diversity training for SGA recognized and Greek organizations.
No.
    The University employ more professors of color in all university departments
Transfer to a historically black school.  The university
Increased mental health support and resources for students of color.
Violates Equal Opportunity
    University scholarships for students of marginalized communities.
White Male scholarships are a go! (whites are now a minority in most universities, and males are very much so).

How about a speech that part of the purpose is to prepare them for the real world.  As such, we've invited the KKK to make a demonstration.  You're free to bring D cell batteries to throw at them.

Accountability for hate speech or action:
    Immediate response to hate speech or actions from the University including a consequence (e.g. mark on transcript, potential suspension);
No, we will not abridge the principle of fair trials.  We will take the time to hold a proper investigation.  Or do you want to pay for the subsequent lawsuit?  We can add it to your tuition.  Oh, and you can pay for their tuition when the civil rights lawsuit forces us to take them back.

Immediate turnaround for the removal of hate speech printed or written on campus property, sidewalks and boards;

Given that a simple "Vote Trump!" was considered hate speech requiring special counseling, define hate speech, and again, define "immediate".  Somebody scrawls a bunch of hate speech, supportive of Hitler or such, we'll get janitorial and/or facility services out there as soon as practical.

A task force separate from UMPD officers to look into investigations.
For what reason?

Revamping of the Diversity and Cultural Competency General Education requirement.
What's wrong with it currently?

Students that meet this requirement should take a class that allows them not only to understand other cultures, but also by the end of the course have an understanding of privilege, oppression, and marginalized groups.

Privilege, oppression, and marginalization isn't culture or diversity.  Trust me, you wouldn't like how I'd revamp it, as a number of you would end up being considered quite privileged.

Representation of students of color on UMD Student Judiciary and Senate.
Have them run for or apply for whatever process it is.  One "problem" with persons of color is that while they want representation, they're often not willing to vote and/or run to do it.

Study into the punishment statistics by race/gender/etc. of students at some point in the coming year - the legal system is rife with discrimination against minorities, especially those in poverty. It is crucial that our student judiciary is more equitable and gives all students a fair judgement.

You're assuming that it's not fair now.  What will you do if the study says that we aren't being discriminatory?  That said, I'm a logical, scientific sort.  I'm always in favor of a study.  The overview can be the master/phd project for a number of students. 

Establishing a voluntary accreditation for activist groups.
In short, absolutely useless.

Administration should support and defend activist groups by nullifying slander and smear campaign from bigger group. Example: Many members of SJP were slandered as anti-Semitic for being pro-Palestine;

Well, it's not exactly slander when you're on record advocating that the Jewish nation.  On the other hand, you do realize that this could be used against you by smaller groups?  I know that's what I'd do.  You're a hundred strong?  Well, you badmouth my group of 12 I will happily use this against you.  It shouldn't be hard to get you to open your mouth and slander you.

Make free legal advice available for students participating in activism who face slander or other dishonest claims while exercising their rights to protest and free speech;

Thank you very much!  Be careful what you wish for. 

Provide protection during campus events that might make students feel unsafe because of their political implications [ie Israel Fest for Muslim and Arab students, Columbus day and Independence Day for American Indian students etc.].

Israel Fest?  Is there any history of Jews or Israelis targeting Muslims and Arabs?  Isn't the opposite true?  Really, you think that Native Americans really need protection on Columbus day?  Independence Day, or any other?  Also, what's up with "American Indian"?  I think that you're using old racist terminology here.

The University of Maryland match the campus minimum wage to Prince George’s minimum wage.

You might find that there's a student exemption buried in there...  On the other hand, despite my general opposition to minimum wages, the fact that the university is located within Prince George county does mean that it should probably follow those rules.  That said, if they're able to find employees at the lower wage...

An established safe, secure and permanent location for the Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct at The University of Maryland.
Well, I'd consider the entire university safe, on average, we can give them a locking door, and moving offices gets expensive.

The creation and implementation of Dean of Students with supporting staff.

Well, other than the ally part, and I'm not sure "dean of students" would be the right term, a student advocate isn't the most horrible of ideas.  I know I complained to the dean over a math course, and *expletive deleted*it got fixed...

Except, of course, for the affirmative action crap.  I mean, I can agree that said person should have experience in "inclusion", IE getting groups and individuals to get along, but I get the feeling that's not what you're after.

For the American Indian Student Community

And yet another micro-aggression.

The University officially remove the Christopher Columbus Day holiday from all university materials and mediums. Replace it with Indigenous Peoples’ Day to take away the stain of colonialism from our University.

As soon as the feds do that.

Establish an Indigenous Studies minor.

Meh.  I'm at the University of Alaska Fairbanks(UAF).  They have an entire building.  You can major in this here. 
Still, I'm sure there's a procedure for adding minors, and majors.  Most minors require 5-6 classes in the topic.  For example, My calc 1-3, Statistics, Discrete Math, and Differential Equations will give me a Math minor. 

So you need roughly 4 lower level(100-200) and 2 upper level (300-400) classes.  If there's enough interest, it should be easy.

The official recognition of the Sarah Winnemucca award in the University awards.
    An indigenous scholarship for college students as well as high school students.
    An indigenous cultural center where students can explore their indigenous identity and others.
1.  Upon review, maybe.  Awards are "cheap"
2.  Not sure what they mean here.  Maybe they have a scholarship for indigenous people leaving high school for college, but not returnees like me?
3.  UAF has one.  Hell, I can watch them practice their dancing out in the Plaza outside my office.  How about they start with an office and work their way up?  It'd take time to design, fund, and build an actual center anyways.

That said, going by UAF as an example, if there was serious interest, you'd probably already have this stuff.

University System of Maryland divestment from Maryland Correctional Enterprises.

You'd deny black prisoners gainful employment? 

Tenure for African American professors.

They have to go through the process like all the other professors.

Increased funding for the Nyumburu Cultural Center and making the Nyumburu Cultural Center a stop during UMD campus tours.

Only if it's open to ALL students.  I'm guessing it's not.

A claim to physical space on campus. A school that prides itself on diversity has failed to give students of color adequate, quality space such as a Latinx Cultural Center.

Latins aren't 'people of color' though, in most cases.

University recruitment practices involving students of color that making them and their friends feel welcome and included on campus.
    A faculty body that is more diverse and representative of branches of academia that deal with the history and discourse of minority populations and integrating this into majors such as a USLT major and a road for tenure for the professors who teach in these departments.
    More funding allocated for multicultural student organizations in order to execute educational and cultural programming to help bridge the diversity divide on campus.
1.  Again, not sure what the problem is here. 
2.  They're not eligible for tenure right now? Finding qualified teachers can be a problem if you insist that they be black.
3.  What diversity divide?  You guys not getting enough special privileges?  Here's a hint:  Get the university to cater to you too much and resentment will cause a bigger divide.

Multi-stall gender-inclusive bathrooms in every building with multi-stall bathrooms.
You know what?  Unisex bathrooms for all!

Converting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Studies program into a department in order to provide curricular autonomy.
1.  I'm not sure it's big enough to be a department.
2.  I'm not sure how you think this would be more autonomy.

Faculty (especially those working in the health center and counseling center), students, and college park police take part in queer diversity training, such as the Rainbow Terrapin Network.

I'm not sure forcing them to take training that they don't want to is going to have the effect you desire. 

Protect the names and religious/ethnic affiliations of students should they be demanded from the government for harmful use.

Don't think this is going to come up, but with Trump...

An increase in the number of safe, designated prayer areas on campus.
As soon as said students volunteer to pay for them.  Also, by default the entire campus is "safe", so no action needed.  Given the number of Muslim students that have gone nuts and shot people, I support having armed guards around said prayer zones, but I don't think you'd like the way I'd have the guards looking in as well as out.

One room in each major building (e.g. SPH, Chemistry, McKeldin etc.) designated for prayer.

How many observant Muslims do we have?  I also know that they can re-arrange their prayer times quite a bit if need be.

Shuttle services to the Diyanet Center of America for Muslim students to have access to a place of worship and participate in the many activities that the center hosts.

Only if there's shuttle services for other religions.

More classes offered pertaining to Islam and the Muslim world taught by Muslim professors, who will counteract the negativity surrounding the name of Islam that is perpetuated by our culture and media.
Well, if you'd stop having regular incidents of spree killings in the name of your religion...

Measures to prevent situations similar to the “American Sniper” situation from happening again.
My initial thought was the DC Sniper who turned out to be a convert...

The encouragement of equal and positive representation of Pro-Palestinian human rights activists on campus. Specifically, condemning the conflation of Pro-Palestinian activism with racism and Anti-Semitism.

You need to look at what the Palestinians are doing.  If the shoe fits...

The active encouragement of faculty and students to engage in discourse and learning about the Palestinians’ struggles and the Boycott Divest and Sanction movement without fear of consequences by the university administration.

Being called out on your misstatements and lies isn't 'consequences' you should be protected from.

For the Undocumented student community
    A full-time Undocumented Student Coordinator to advocate for, advise, represent, and protect undocumented and DACAmented students.

Who works with INS to deport them when found.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
FTFY.  Has the added benefit of historical context, Godwins the snowflakes first, and is sure to trigger someone due to male imagery.
I appreciate that one, but I wonder how many of these snowflakes would even know the reference. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »
I appreciate that one, but I wonder how many of these snowflakes would even know the reference. 

Not a single one
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »
Dogmush wins the thread and the interwebz for today...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »
Oh, well, I suppose the same naysayers would have had a problem with the guy born in Pretoria, Republic of South Africa, checking "African-American" on his application.

I've known a few SA immigrants. They were completely confused on why admissions freaked that they had checked "African American"
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 06:29:32 PM »
I've known a few SA immigrants. They were completely confused on why admissions freaked that they had checked "African American"

Worked with one who actually went to court to defend his right to claim African American as his race.  Won, too.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
Worked with one who actually went to court to defend his right to claim African American as his race.  Won, too.

Somebody should fix him up with Rachel Dolezal.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2017, 12:22:44 AM »
My former neighbor was South African white but ALWAYS checked the African American box.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 01:16:55 AM »
And my late wife was from Chile, but she refused to check the "Hispanic" box. She said "I'm white, it doesn't matter what country I come from."