Author Topic: Grandma in the Guest House  (Read 1238 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Grandma in the Guest House
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
I was actually watching the TV when Pelosi said this.  I wanted to reach out and slap her. The best thing the Republicans could do with that statement is turn it into Rs being pro family, because of course they'd take care of grandma before they stuck her in a govt run ACA horror house. The entire press conference, that included all the usual dem children, was basically, as a pundit put it, "buzzword bingo". "Make America sick again".  ;/

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/01/04/shameless-nancy-pelosi-warns-americans-about-unexpected-house-guest-if-obamacare-is-repealed/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Grandma in the Guest House
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:15:04 PM »
Is Nanny Pelosi ever going to pack up and go home?
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »
You mean stick here back under the fallen house?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 11:09:05 PM »
From what my Mother says after working as a nurse in some retirement homes, living in a guest house/room would be a vast improvement.

I guess I should also point out that Pelosi probably thinks ALL Americans have guest houses.  (I noticed her words were "guest room")
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:39 AM »

Her home planet doesn't want her back.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 09:36:17 AM »
From what my Mother says after working as a nurse in some retirement homes, living in a guest house/room would be a vast improvement.

I guess I should also point out that Pelosi probably thinks ALL Americans have guest houses.  (I noticed her words were "guest room")

My mom was in a nursing home part of her last year, and it was actually a nice (expensive!) place, but she wanted to be at home when she passed. I didn't want to roll all nursing/retirement facilities into one barrel, but was more looking at Rs turning the tables on "pushing grandma off the cliff" and talk about what an gov run ACA facility would be like while at the same time turning the tables on dems for family values.

I know other people besides me have had to deal with putting parents in facilities and I by no means wanted to imply that making that decision versus keeping the parent at home was a bad thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
govt run ACA horror house

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but these aren't really a thing are they?
Isn't it just the funds that comes from ACA/Medicare coverage going to a (non government run) retirement home in most cases?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 10:06:43 AM »
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but these aren't really a thing are they?
Isn't it just the funds that comes from ACA/Medicare coverage going to a (non government run) retirement home in most cases?

No, they're not a thing (yet). I was just suggesting what a conservative PR equivalent to "pushing grandma off a cliff" could be. If they were going to fight fire with fire.

Well, also Pelosi's seeming alluding to taking in a parent or grandparent is somehow "bad".